5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Like the other posters said. We will have so much firepower for the coming season plus the tactical ability of mourinho that the pressure on martial would be minimal and should be able to continue to express himself, without feeling the burden of a price tag or expectations
Time will tell. I remember when he had Rooney, RVP, Di Maria, Mata, Flacoa, Januzaj and Herrera all backed by the genius LVG.

People should not get ahead of themselves.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The chronology of a player being 'figured out' and therefore finding it harder in his second season doesn't make sense to me. Is it after the 38th game that teams then assess players who have been good and plan for next season? Or isn't it more likely that after a few months LAST season, Anthony Martial being good at football stopped surprising opponents? Perhaps the element of surprise must last for an entire year?

The reality is, Martial finished the season tearing everyone apart, having long established himself as our best player. The main challenge for the second season would be from Martial himself. Otherwise there is nothing that Adam Smith or Danny Simpson can do about it.

It's not always the next season though. Sometimes it happens midseason and someetimes teams just need a break to develop solid counterplans against that player.

SirAF

Ageist
Time will tell. I remember when he had Rooney, RVP, Di Maria, Mata, Flacoa, Januzaj and Herrera all backed by the genius LVG.

People should not get ahead of themselves.

Brilliant player.

Dobbs

The chronology of a player being 'figured out' and therefore finding it harder in his second season doesn't make sense to me. Is it after the 38th game that teams then assess players who have been good and plan for next season? Or isn't it more likely that after a few months LAST season, Anthony Martial being good at football stopped surprising opponents? Perhaps the element of surprise must last for an entire year?

The reality is, Martial finished the season tearing everyone apart, having long established himself as our best player. The main challenge for the second season would be from Martial himself. Otherwise there is nothing that Adam Smith or Danny Simpson can do about it.
Completely agree. It'll be Martial himself who decides how good a season he has. As with all young players thinking starts to replace instinct and that sometimes creates problems. See Januzaj. If there is a problem for Martial I'm sure he'd work through it pretty quick.

MD7

Not sure if serious. If you are, I wish you the best of luck getting a job where you're paid for 24 hours work, seven days a week!
I see the misconception. You calculated as if they "work" 8 hours a day, while I thought they weren't even paid by the hour, and thus multiplied it by 24. To be honest I don't have a clue what a contract looks like for footballers, thus no idea how it's calculated.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I see the misconception. You calculated as if they "work" 8 hours a day, while I thought they weren't even paid by the hour, and thus multiplied it by 24. To be honest I don't have a clue what a contract looks like for footballers, thus no idea how it's calculated.
I was assuming a 40 hour week. In reality, the lucky gits probably 'work' even fewer hours.

Brightonian

So much more of a player's 'individual' form is down to team form than people acknowledge anyway. By far the biggest factor in whether his second season lives up to his first will be how well the team do.

Ibrahimovic playing well (and Mourinho using him properly) would be massive for Martial. For a man whose reputation is built as a 'selfish striker' type, arguably his most dangerous quality at PSG has been the way he links up with a fast forward to his left or right. He's the sort of exemplary target-man - soft touch, physical unit, perfect chest control - who draws defenders in like a magnet as the ball comes to him, and he has the skills and creativity to find a way to flick or trick that ball through to a man running in off either side. If Mou gets that working, Martial could be looking at a lot more space to work with, and more through-balls to run onto.

twitter thread suggester
I've got a bad feeling about him this season.

IhabX7

Our season depends on him delivering like last season or better. He's not at his sharpest at the moment but I hope it's just match fitness.

CG1010

Yeah me too. But its important he keeps up his game, we still are heavily reliant on him to beat opposition players and breakdown their defences.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I was assuming a 40 hour week. In reality, the lucky gits probably 'work' even fewer hours.
Talking literally, not judging how difficult those hours are, I'd imagine they are on duty for a fair few hours. Between physical training, tactical analysis and training, team meetings, travelling, sponsor duties and charity work I'd imagine they do a full working week.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I actually have the opposite feeling. For most of our last season he is as arguably our biggest threat and was heavily marked. With guys like Ibra, Shaw, Rashford, etc and hopefully Pogba he is bound to get more space imho. Hopefully his personal life doesn't get him down too much. Seems like a shitty situation.

JoaquinJoaquin

Doesn't look right at the moment. Even his body language seems odd. Was telling when Rooney went to the bench when he came off and Martial seemed to look miserable. Maybe the number 9 thing has got something to it...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's not like he flunked last season. He has the tools and used them Last year. It's all about match fitness. He didn't play for France and only has 45 mins under his belt.
Too early to be having bad feelings.

LouisDanGaal

Not saying you are wrong, but that is brave. Putting that on the first few pages guarantees attacks all around if he has a good season, its like the Kane thread last year.

Bojan11

Pogba will have a positive influence on him. Especially down that left hand side.

Devil may care

Him and Lingard started to find those runs in the inside channel for Ibra to pick out as the half went on, promising signs.

ReDDHDevilS

Haven't we sold this useless waste of space yet?

Never seen a player playing so shite in a pre-season game and that's after a grand total of one week's training!

Always knew he's a complete fraud of a player and would get found out sooner or later. Just get rid before we're lucky to get 5m and let's get Aaron Lennon in!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Haven't we sold this useless waste of space yet?

Never seen a player playing so shite in a pre-season game and that's after a grand total of one week's training!

Always knew he's a complete fraud of a player and would get found out sooner or later. Just get rid before we're lucky to get 5m and let's get Aaron Lennon in!
This guy gets it ;)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Came here to post the message from his brother.. Every story has obviously two sides, but she really does seem like a gold digger. I mean, she gets 3500 EURO each month? That's a shitload.
I wouldn't have too much sympathy, he should have kept it in his pants

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think the Euros, as I've stated again, were a major waste of time for him. He had to train all the time, thus didn't rest, yet also didn't get any matches and thus confidence under his belt.

Anyways, I thought he looked better today than against Galatasaray. He, like all the offensive players, was suffering from a lack of understanding amongst one another. We could really use more preseason games.

m1y2

he will come good when he's back to his fitness but it will not be a surprise if he doesn't go past player like last year, he's 20 and hardly ever any 20 years old is a consistent dribbler, needs... he will score some team goals, get his confidence and he's back, also this season it is not only up to him even though it might be one of the things which is pushing him... no I am confident he will come good

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As he plays, he will go through the gears. Pogba coming will also help to motivate him. Even when Pogba comes, he's still out most important player imo. We need another one in the squad that offers what he does.
We don't have enough dribblers in the squad.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I don't think he'll be as good as in his first season, but he'll still have great moments since he has virtually no real competition.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Second season syndrome. Wouldn't be unexpected if it happens but it just proves how important it is we get a proper right winger in. I'm still not convinced by Mkhi... just don't think he is dynamic enough out wide.

Womp

idiot
Genuinely worried at how our season will go if he doesn't gain form. Miles ahead any of our players bar probably De Gea, Rashford and Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.