5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

We should sell him quickly to PSG for 80m, before everyone sees that he isnt that good actually.

Eddy_JukeZ

We should sell him quickly to PSG for 80m, before everyone sees that he isnt that good actually.
No white text?

How can you come to such a conclusion so soon? More evidence is needed to support that claim.

Keegs

One season wonder.
Oh my please stop he is very good player and a guaranteed world beater. You have judged him off a testimonial and a friendly when he has only come back from a three week holiday. Criticism on this forum of are players is so over the top it's cringy.

santeria13

Sublemon
Bloody Hell. It is true what they say about fans and their memory only extending to the last 3 games. Stop being so fecking fickle. Funny thing is that the last 3 were pre-season games as well. If we were to take the results and performances of such games seriously, then we should have technically been the best team in the world over the last two seasons.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Why even bother with such posts?

It's usually such attention seeking nonsense

I think Martial's problems are non football related. Rooney has been there and should have a word with him.

I fear he may start slowly and the English press will lay into him. They are always waiting. A couple of good perfomances thereafter and they will move to someone else.

Varun

Staff
Yep, definitely better for the fans to see 80mil in the club's account than Martial play for us.

OldTrevil

Questioning Martial's talent is nonsense, he has all the tools to be great. This season will test his mental toughness especially with the off-field issues, but given how challenging last season was with all the noise about his fee and coming into a new team, I see no reason he won't rise above it all again this season.

AgentP

Martial might actually do better this year as he'll have better players around him and he will have less pressure on him to deliver every time. Having a good player on the right wing will also create space for him as the opponents can't concentrate only on our left flank. He will also have Shaw behind him instead of Rojo which will be a big plus. In Zlatan, we have a proper target man in the box. Last season, most of the balls he crossed in after dribbling into the box had no one to aim at.

kr0nix

feck me, how long before some people lose patience with Rashford and ask for him to be sold?

MDFC Manager

Once the season starts and we're playing 2 games a week, he'll forget his off field issues.

Smores

Questioning Martial's talent is nonsense, he has all the tools to be great. This season will test his mental toughness especially with the off-field issues, but given how challenging last season was with all the noise about his fee and coming into a new team, I see no reason he won't rise above it all again this season.
I dont think there's ever any guarantees. Whilst i would firmly think it ludicrous to sell him as i hate us losing players id accept he could do a Januzaj.

We all said we shouldn't sell Januzaj whilst he was the hot name. I still dont think we should but if its true we did get w big offer then it could turn out a mistake that we didn't sell

Akshay

Staff
I'm not even convinced this has anything to do with off the pitch issues, it's only pre-season for crying out loud. Remember the beginning of LVG's tenure when we had a great pre-season and then lost to Swansea at home in the first competitive game? Pre-season performances and results often mean little.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I dont think there's ever any guarantees. Whilst i would firmly think it ludicrous to sell him as i hate us losing players id accept he could do a Januzaj.

We all said we shouldn't sell Januzaj whilst he was the hot name. I still dont think we should but if its true we did get w big offer then it could turn out a mistake that we didn't sell
We should strive to keep our best players and Martial is definitely one of these!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

Are you for fecking real?

I am one of Januzaj's biggest fans on here, but he showed nowhere near the same talent, or had a season close to like Martial had last year.

What are we judging him on to believe that it can all go south for him? Cannot be last season; because he was excellent and carried our otherwise laborious attack. If not that then it only leaves the Euros. A tournament in which he entered having played the most minutes of any young player in Europe. VG ran him to the ground. It was no surprise that he did not perform at his best at the Euros. Also, Deschamps preferred to play Payet, a more mature and inform player in his position. It wasn't a slight on Martial's quality.

It would be crazy to even think about selling the best attacking player in the current squad. Can we get better player as a replacement for him?

OldTrevil

Crazy to even think of selling Martial, the guy has the 'it' factor. Maybe the lack of football has blinded people. I never joined the chorus on Januzaj, in a dire season he stood out for being positive and running at defenders but for me that is minimum for an attacker at the top level. He was still the silver lining in that season and his lack of progress is saddening, but comparing his debut season to Martial's is a non-starter.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Bloody hell, some people still dont recognise obvious sarcasm on here.
Could add white text to make it more obvious when it's the Internet and Its difficult to read sarcasm through words.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

'Do a Januzaj' :lol:

Januzaj didn't show anything close to the season of quality Martial has just had.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
'Do a Januzaj' :lol:

Januzaj didn't show anything close to the season of quality Martial has just had.
While that's true, he did nevertheless have an excellent first season by anyone's standards. It still didn't help him from slumping and now he's out the door.

Hopefully it doesn't help to Martial but it can happen to anyone. Obviously it's waaaay too soon to even begin worrying about this happening to Martial or Rashford this year.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Can't wait for next season. He's gonna be challenging for pfa player of the year no doubt. He just has something special.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
While that's true, he did nevertheless have an excellent first season by anyone's standards. It still didn't help him from slumping and now he's out the door.

Hopefully it doesn't help to Martial but it can happen to anyone. Obviously it's waaaay too soon to even begin worrying about this happening to Martial or Rashford this year.
He didn't though. He did play well in several games but nowhere near as well or as consistently as a lot of people on here thought. He was a youngster with a quality reputation from the U21's that was the only real bright spot in a shit season and that season became overrated as a result.

Don't get me wrong I like Januzaj, and he's shown glimpses of top level talent but they've just been glimpses - even during that good season. No comparison with the season Martial just had.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What have I just read? One or two under par preseason games and he's no longer good? FFS.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think some people are so mentally scarred by the last few years. So they think nothing related to the club, has a happy ending.

SteveW

He's brilliant. To do all that at 20 in a team that were as bad as ours last season was incredible

NYAS

He's brilliant. To do all that at 20 in a team that were as bad as ours last season was incredible
That was just a ridiculous video. Enjoyed watching it, thanks for the post.
Hope he's over his Euros and personal problems.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Imagine being that good and yet watching your France team start with Giroud up front, crazy.
The problem being that he isn't that good, he is good and he has a huge potential but at the moment as a striker he isn't far better than Giroud. And he needs to actually play as a striker from time to time.

LouisDanGaal

The problem being that the isn't that good, he is good and he has a huge potential but at the moment as a striker he isn't far better than Giroud. And he needs to actually play as a striker from time to time.
And Giroud is a very different type of player, Martial can't offer the same qualities for the team, Giroud with his back to goal is a good player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The problem being that he isn't that good, he is good and he has a huge potential but at the moment as a striker he isn't far better than Giroud. And he needs to actually play as a striker from time to time.
As a striker, he isn't even as good as Giroud. Giroud is very underrated for some reason. At the moment, Martial is a better LF than he is a CF.

AN17

With age and experience, he'll convert most of those scuffed shots and near misses. Not far from being a 35+ goal player, I reckon he'll hit it within 2 years.

LouisDanGaal

As a striker, he isn't even as good as Giroud. Giroud is very underrated for some reason. At the moment, Martial is a better LF than he is a CF.
It's because he scuffs so many clear cut chances I think and when through on goal often doesn't have the pace to get anywhere. In terms of getting on to the end of a cross or linking up the play he is a very very good striker.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know, I just tried to not offend some posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.