Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Boy, I'm sure glad Sanchez took his spot. This team has really been night and day since he took over the left wing and displaced one of this team's most in-form and productive young player. Credit to Mourinho for finding a way to replace the productivity of a multiple PoM winger with Sanchez who has set the world alight and runs around a lot, which is a hell of a lot more important than goals or assists. In the end, trust in Mourinho. Sure the team looks just as bad as it did his first year, but that's because it's the sec....errr...third year where it really all comes together.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His lack of intensity bothers me, he was probably our best attacker when he came on but at the same time you can see that he isn't playing at the correct intensity.

automaticflare

His lack of intensity bothers me, he was probably our best attacker when he came on but at the same time you can see that he isn't playing at the correct intensity.
Agree with this

The lack of intensity also means that he often gives his opponent an easy game

Eddy_JukeZ

He plays suave-lax like Iniesta, but is nowhere near good enough to warrant playing like that.

He should play with more burst.

redIndianDevil

Agree with this

The lack of intensity also means that he often gives his opponent an easy game
People like you would put down guys like Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo if we had ever signed them.

automaticflare

People like you would put down guys like Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo if we had ever signed them.
What planet are you living on
Invests and xavi were in the most insane pressing ball hunting team possibly the best team ever

Pirlo was probably the only other player who would even have a shout at getting into that Barcelona midfield

If you think martial should be even mentioned in same breath as those players your broken

Or the fact that I defend pogba on here constantly who has a similar style but is twice the player of martial

The Kag

Because our "work horses" are so productive, right?

PepsiCola

Chelsea players look scared of him when he came on.

They were all standing off. He should have started.

automaticflare

Of course I did, it was a good ball (if you’re being honest, it was poor defending), but we surely need more than one goood corner?

The rest of his performance wasn’t up to much for me.
I agree it was Terrible defending

Also where did his next corner go? Right to the keepers hands

So using one good corner as justification is flawed argument anyways

Kapardin

Lol, no. He was average too. But that is to be expected, I doubt he feels much motivation to play well now that he knows he's behind Rashford and Sanchez for the LW and might be angling for a move. So cannot really judge his performance today from that perspective.

automaticflare

Really?? Scared? Didn’t see that at all.
He did a bit of dribbling and put in one decent corner took too many touches when he had a chances to shoot
Terrible performance

automaticflare

Lol, no. He was average too. But that is to be expected, I doubt he feels much motivation to play well now that he knows he's behind Rashford and Sanchez for the LW and might be angling for a move. So cannot really judge his performance today from that perspective.
Which is a fecking awful attitude spineless and gutless

redIndianDevil

What planet are you living on
Invests and xavi were in the most insane pressing ball hunting team possibly the best team ever

Pirlo was probably the only other player who would even have a shout at getting into that Barcelona midfield

If you think martial should be even mentioned in same breath as those players your broken

Or the fact that I defend pogba on here constantly who has a similar style but is twice the player of martial
People like you only seem to criticize him for his demeanor or the fact that he doesn't run around like a headless chicken(and calling it intensity) all the time. You don't know if Martial cannot press like those guys, none of our players press like a coached team, our manager doesn't coach pressing as a tactic of winning the ball back.

Kapardin

Which is a fecking awful attitude spineless and gutless
Its' a natural feeling.He also knows that even if he bangs in a goal a game and miraculously starts under Jose, if he goes scoreless in one game he will be dropped or shunted to the right to accommodate Sanchez or Rashford. So many players who are on the verge of a move lose motivation only to hit the ground running at another club.

Now, obviously Martial has his faults - lazy, not flexible to adapt to any system, limited in the positions he can play, average as striker, average as LW -- but it is the job of the manager to manage him properly if there is potential. In that respect, both him and Jose take equal blame for failure. But he did buckle down and try for Jose, and was scoring a goal per game when Sanchez arrived, only to be dropped in favor of Sanchez.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because our "work horses" are so productive, right?
They have nothing to do with Martial and being a workhorse doesn't mean that you play with the correct intensity. Correct isn't synonymous to more, it means appropriate, think about someone like Ribéry, he mixes things up, Martial is almost all the time at the same intensity, he rarely goes high which is a shame because he could easily provoke mistakes.

automaticflare

People like you only seem to criticize him for his demeanor or the fact that he doesn't run around like a headless chicken(and calling it intensity) all the time. You don't know if Martial cannot press like those guys, none of our players press like a coached team, our manager doesn't coach pressing as a tactic of winning the ball back.

Get a grip

I criticize him for his lack of end product, his poor decision making and his lack of work rate when he loses the ball.
His demeanor and attitude is in evidence any time he loses the ball and his end product doesn’t justify that attitude
If he was banging in 30 goals a season or didn’t look or act like a sulking child when subbed/dropped I might have some more sympathy.
He has talent you need both
No top team would touch him with a barge pole

automaticflare

Its' a natural feeling.He also knows that even if he bangs in a goal a game and miraculously starts under Jose, if he goes scoreless in one game he will be dropped or shunted to the right to accommodate Sanchez or Rashford. So many players who are on the verge of a move lose motivation only to hit the ground running at another club.

Now, obviously Martial has his faults - lazy, not flexible to adapt to any system, limited in the positions he can play, average as striker, average as LW -- but it is the job of the manager to manage him properly if there is potential. In that respect, both him and Jose take equal blame for failure. But he did buckle down and try for Jose, and was scoring a goal per game when Sanchez arrived, only to be dropped in favor of Sanchez.
Maybe his answer is to get rid of him

He scored a goal a game for about 4 or 5 games FfS

Kapardin

Maybe his answer is to get rid of him

He scored a goal a game for about 4 or 5 games FfS
When likes of Rashford are worse than him, is that fair to get rid of him? Or for Jose to keep defending and starting Sanchez, who has done feck all bar 1 or 2 games, or Fellaini for whom he has a bizarre hard-on?

Yes, he scored for like 4-5 games, granted, he is lazy and took his sweet time getting used to the system Jose played, but when he finally showed signs of doing well, he was dropped. That's surely on the manager.

PepsiCola

Get a grip

I criticize him for his lack of end product, his poor decision making and his lack of work rate when he loses the ball.
His demeanor and attitude is in evidence any time he loses the ball and his end product doesn’t justify that attitude
If he was banging in 30 goals a season or didn’t look or act like a sulking child when subbed/dropped I might have some more sympathy.
He has talent you need both
No top team would touch him with a barge pole
I'm expecting you'll have a shock this summer.

Everyone is aware of his talents and Mourinho's reputation with young flair players.

automaticflare

I'm expecting you'll have a shock this summer.

Everyone is aware of his talents and Mourinho's reputation with young flair players.
Which is why deschamps has had same
Opinion about his attitude and was included in the French squad right :eek:

PepsiCola

Which is why deschamps has had same
Opinion about his attitude and was included in the French squad right :eek:
Two managers who dont have the best of reputations amongst their fanbases.

Edit - Deschamps had him in the squad when he was doing well earlier on in the season. Had he been allowed to carry on with that form, he'd be on the plane to france.

el3mel

Thought he did well today. Had no problem with what he did and that cross at the end was just a mishit. He's much better than Rashford and all the chances Rashford is getting should be switched to him.

Steven Seagull

Boy, I'm sure glad Sanchez took his spot. This team has really been night and day since he took over the left wing and displaced one of this team's most in-form and productive young player. Credit to Mourinho for finding a way to replace the productivity of a multiple PoM winger with Sanchez who has set the world alight and runs around a lot, which is a hell of a lot more important than goals or assists. In the end, trust in Mourinho. Sure the team looks just as bad as it did his first year, but that's because it's the sec....errr...third year where it really all comes together.
:lol:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Who said he wins nowt, Clarkie? Did you see the absolute state of Deschamps in the last Euros? And the state of Mourinho in general since 2015?
If you're Bunks, you can feck off

Course I have, I'm not blind! But, I also watch the players on the pitch!
Mourinho is to blame for a lot of thing this season....Course he's done some good work but, I'm not going to deny he's been bad in other departments.

However, and we've both seen it, Mourinho getting blamed for a player shitting it today or missing an opening goal (not today, against Leicester) is just insane

I'd be the same for LvG

HorrorFan07

Don't understand why this guy gets a free pass yet Nani who done more for this club and achieved more trophies got dogs abuse and still hated the poor lad.. Nani stepped up in the CL final to save our bacon when Ronaldo bottled it.

It's either blind faith in Martial really being the "Next Henry" or our standards as a club have dropped, and Nani would be a demi-god in this setup.

Sally Cinnamon

If you're Bunks, you can feck off

Course I have, I'm not blind! But, I also watch the players on the pitch!
Mourinho is to blame for a lot of thing this season....Course he's done some good work but, I'm not going to deny he's been bad in other departments.

However, and we've both seen it, Mourinho getting blamed for a player shitting it today or missing an opening goal (not today, against Leicester) is just insane

I'd be the same for LvG
Haha, not Bunks. Infact, not anyone from there tbh. Just read it from time to time.

We missed about 3 or 4 sitters at Leicester. Happens. Who blamed Mourinho for those misses?

Status
Not open for further replies.