6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotCombubble

Don't understand why this guy gets a free pass yet Nani who done more for this club and achieved more trophies got dogs abuse and still hated the poor lad.. Nani stepped up in the CL final to save our bacon when Ronaldo bottled it.

It's either blind faith in Martial really being the "Next Henry" or our standards as a club have dropped, and Nani would be a demi-god in this setup.
Well why does Rashford get a free pass? Just because he is an academy player?

dotCombubble

Which is why deschamps has had same
Opinion about his attitude and was included in the French squad right :eek:
To be fair, even Coman didn't get into the squad. The French team is just ridiculously loaded up front. Had he played for England, I am sure that he would be able to make it.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Haha, not Bunks. Infact, not anyone from there tbh. Just read it from time to time.

We missed about 3 or 4 sitters at Leicester. Happens. Who blamed Mourinho for those misses?
You said you "read it" from time to time...

Rashford's and Lingard's sitters were blamed on Mourinho...Every single thing, from subbing them to bad passes etc is blamed on him.

I am on the fence here and will be until December. Mourinho hasn't convinced me but, blaming the manager for someone not being able to square a simple pass or shitting themselves?

I am not having that

Sally Cinnamon

Rashford's and Lingard's sitters were blamed on Mourinho...Every single thing, from subbing them to bad passes etc is blamed on him.

I am on the fence here and will be until December. Mourinho hasn't convinced me but, blaming the manager for someone not being able to square a simple pass or shitting themselves?

I am not having that
Dunno what you mean by your first line mate. Honestly not a poster there. And tonight is the first time I’ve really posted on any forum in years...

Can’t even be arsed getting into it mate. Just fecked off beyond words with Mourinho’s shit and would love to be proved wrong.

Up the Reds....

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Dunno what you mean by your first line mate. Honestly not a poster there. And tonight is the first time I’ve really posted on any forum in years...

Can’t even be arsed getting into it mate. Just fecked off beyond words with Mourinho’s shit and would love to be proved wrong.

Up the Reds....
I agree...I just think it's too fecking biased against Mourinho from some at times. There needs to be some perspective

Andersons Dietician

I believe Lingard and Lukaku are having better seasons than last year
Lukaku is not having a better season than last year.

Came on yesterday Martial and injected some much needed directness. Got the ball went at people and committed them, thought he did pretty well. One moment of question would be that cross off his left he tried that ended up looking like a dink to chip Courtois.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
or our standards as a club have dropped, and Nani would be a demi-god in this setup.
It's partly that. Nani at his peak would walk into this team and be easily our best player. Although to be fair, Nani at his peak was our best player in that team as well, but the difference wasn't as big as what it would be now. Even Nani of the years around his peak would be our best attacking player, as he brings pretty much exactly what we have been desperately needing.

In saying that, Martial has been treated somewhat unfairly. Not so much last season where he wasn't playing all that well and so didn't deserve to be getting many more games than what he did, but this season he's been unfortunate. He was outperforming Rashford and really should have moved ahead of him in the pecking order a month or so before he actually did, and then when he did get that opportunity he proceeded to be our best attacking player for a couple of months. Then we went out and bought another player for his preferred position and moved Martial over to the other side, then when he unsurprisingly didn't perform there he got dropped and has never had a proper opportunity to win that spot back despite his replacement never playing anywhere near as well as Martial did in the first half of the season.

The entire situation is actually a bit like Nani in fact. Nani was always at his best on the right wing. He was capable of individual matches of brilliance on the left, but he was always far far more consistent on the right. The only time in his entire career with us that we played him mostly on the right wing, he was our best player that season and should probably have won the premier league player of the season. Despite all that, he spent almost his entire time with us playing off the left, as we had the extremely one-sided Valencia stationed on the right. I've always felt that was one of Fergie's biggest mistakes in his later years as we never really got as much out of Nani as we should have.

Litch

This place is a strikers graveyard. Anyone remotely creative game turns to shite as you have to work harder stopping the team your up against from scoring than scoring yourself.....

luke511

You can see the defenders absolutely shit themselves whenever Martial's running full pelt towards them 1v1, no other player for us comes close to having that effect. The one patch in the season where he had a run of starts he started to score consistently then we buy Sanchez, it's enough to boil your blood.

Hawks2008

Such a shame, that was probably the last time we'll see him in our shirt. Did more in 20 minutes than the undroppable Sanchez did the whole game.

Canagel

Mourinho's treatment of him as been nothing short of disgusting. Martial is our 3rd top scorer this season and he hasn't scored since he was dropped for Sanchez back in January. At that point he was our 2nd top scorer and hitting top form. That speaks volumes. As a raw talent he is levels ahead of Rashford and the others. 6th top scorer in PL before Sanchez arrival. Sane is the same age as Martial and before Sanchez arrived Martial had more goals and assists than him. Sane went on to win the young player of the year award. Im really hoping he doesn't leave but if he does then we can have no complaints and maybe under an attacking coach we will be able to see him progress further and really fulfill the potential we know he has.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Total expected goals and assists per 90 minutes for the season of players who played 1500 minutes or more. Martial 12th in the league, and our highest scoring player (Alexis Sanchez just in front, but he was also better for Arsenal then for United, so that has an impact for sure. Despite the way he's been used, constantly in and out of the squad, Martial both constantly got into goal scoring chances or constantly set up chances for others, better then anyone else in our squad. We all know he was productive, but that's not just some good finishing or lucky assists, he just always creates danger. Even still, he outperformed his xG. And that's in a really bad attacking set up. Martial was always on lists like this since he first joined, and it's such a shame that throughout his time here he's only had negative/pragmatic managers and we won't see him develop here under a positive coach to truly see him explode. Selling him is going to be something we massively regret, but what can you do. We made our own bed the second we hired Mourinho, and knew that was always going to be the risk. So here we are.

caid

So apart from that RMC article weeks / months ago is there any reason to think hes not going to be here again next season?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So apart from that RMC article weeks / months ago is there any reason to think hes not going to be here again next season?
Almost never being used and looking at our squad and how Mourinho uses them in terms of attacking options... He apparently wants to spend over 200m. No chance that happens without significant sales. Plenty of articles about other clubs looking in for Martial, and Martial is basically 3rd choice left winger for Mourinho (obviously wrongly, but it's clearly how he sees it). I'd be really surprised if he's here in a few months, but we'll see.

luke511

The first half of the season consisted of Mourinho playing Rashford over Martial no matter how badly he played and much to the frustration of the fans, with Martial still proving his worth by consistently scoring off the bench. When Mourinho finally realises Rashford is a part of our problem and Martial finally gets his chance to have a consistent run of games he starts scoring consistently as well. Out of nowhere in the middle of Martial's good run of form Mourinho brings in 29 year old Sanchez, drops Martial again and plays Sanchez in his place. From then till now he still hasn't had another chance of a consistent run of games and we're on the brink of losing our most likely chance of another world class attacker at the age of 22.

Biggest manager fail ever, history is probably gonna repeat itself and it's gonna bite us in the ass like Salah and De Bruyne has with Chelsea, by then though Mr unsustainable himself will be long gone and probably won't even give a shit.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The first half of the season consisted of Mourinho playing Rashford over Martial no matter how badly he played and much to the frustration of the fans, with Martial still proving his worth by consistently scoring off the bench. When Mourinho finally realises Rashford is a part of our problem and Martial finally gets his chance to have a consistent run of games he starts scoring consistently as well. Out of nowhere in the middle of Martial's good run of form Mourinho brings in 29 year old Sanchez, drops Martial again and plays Sanchez in his place. From then till now he still hasn't had another chance of a consistent run of games and we're on the brink of losing our most likely chance of another world class attacker at the age of 22.

Biggest manager fail ever, history is probably gonna repeat itself and it's gonna bite us in the ass like Salah and De Bruyne has with Chelsea, by then though Mr unsustainable himself will be long gone and probably won't even give a shit.
Jose is right on schedule for his third season implosion, and I'm just getting my lounge chair ready with my popcorns.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Do people here think he'll leave in the summer? And if yes, and where could be possible destinations?
Would you be okay if the club sold him? How much money is 'fair' for you?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think Martial needs a similar move.

I'd take a chance on Depay again.
Martial doesn't need any move. People have a strange perception when it comes to him because on tape and statistically there isn't much wrong with him other than the expectation that he becomes the best player in the league. Just look at this in PL:

Martial: 1589 minutes - 49 shots/total - 9 goals - 5 assists
Sterling: 2593 minutes - 87 shots/total - 18 goals -11 assists
Lukaku: 2889 minutes - 86 shots/total - 16 goals - 7 assists

The reason I used these stats is to highlight the fact that when you adjust per minutes played, Martial is in the same bracket than players that have been considered as having good seasons, the main difference is that he has been given almost 40% less game time than the other two. Based on his potential and based on the projection popularly made Martial can and should reach a superior level and we can all point to improvements that he should make but at the moment there is nothing wrong with his level, he isn't close to Memphis level.
An other point, Lukaku, Martial and the other attackers in our team aren't helped by the fact that for some reason there is little chemistry and synergy between them. Collectively we are fairly poor and it impacts every single one of them.

GazTheLegend

Do people here think he'll leave in the summer? And if yes, and where could be possible destinations?
Would you be okay if the club sold him? How much money is 'fair' for you?
He will definitely leave, in my opinion.

He’s missed out on the World Cup now thanks to his lack of game time and that’s the sort of thing that would mess with anyone’s head.

I wouldn’t be happy if we sold him, I think he has absolutely HUGE potential if he gets coached right. Watched him obliterate Germany a few months ago and he was unplayable.

Which, funnily enough, is where I think he’ll go. I reckon Bayern Munich will come in for him at 40 million or so and that will be enough to get Jose to sell him. Martial is I think worth more like 60, but he wants to leave and we apparently don’t want to keep him - Sanchez is taking his minutes now (massive mistake)

It’s tailor made for Martial to smash the bundesliga and fulfill his potential at a club that will see him as a natural successor for Robben or Ribery.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's amazing "how bad" Martial is, but the likes of Tottenham/Chelsea/Juve seem more than happy to take him, wonder why that is :annoyed:

redIndianDevil

I am not having that
Yes the players missed chances and they are to be blamed but the only reason those misses are magnified is because we create very few chances per game and that is on Mourinho.

MUFC OK

Judging by what I've seen this season, I'd rather we sold Sanchez than Martial. He was so effective when given a run of games earlier in the season and a lot of fans said they wouldn't want Sanchez if it meant sacrificing Martial.

He still looks our most dangerous attacking player and all of my non-united supporting mates have said how they wish they had him at their club. At the least I want to see him played on the left and Sanchez on the right, as Sanchez has been poor on both sides, whilst Tony has not.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This place is a strikers graveyard. Anyone remotely creative game turns to shite as you have to work harder stopping the team your up against from scoring than scoring yourself.....
Mourinho's treatment of him as been nothing short of disgusting. Martial is our 3rd top scorer this season and he hasn't scored since he was dropped for Sanchez back in January. At that point he was our 2nd top scorer and hitting top form. That speaks volumes. As a raw talent he is levels ahead of Rashford and the others. 6th top scorer in PL before Sanchez arrival. Sane is the same age as Martial and before Sanchez arrived Martial had more goals and assists than him. Sane went on to win the young player of the year award. Im really hoping he doesn't leave but if he does then we can have no complaints and maybe under an attacking coach we will be able to see him progress further and really fulfill the potential we know he has.

Jose is right on schedule for his third season implosion, and I'm just getting my lounge chair ready with my popcorns.
He will definitely leave, in my opinion.

He’s missed out on the World Cup now thanks to his lack of game time and that’s the sort of thing that would mess with anyone’s head.

I wouldn’t be happy if we sold him, I think he has absolutely HUGE potential if he gets coached right. Watched him obliterate Germany a few months ago and he was unplayable.

Which, funnily enough, is where I think he’ll go. I reckon Bayern Munich will come in for him at 40 million or so and that will be enough to get Jose to sell him. Martial is I think worth more like 60, but he wants to leave and we apparently don’t want to keep him - Sanchez is taking his minutes now (massive mistake)

It’s tailor made for Martial to smash the bundesliga and fulfill his potential at a club that will see him as a natural successor for Robben or Ribery.
It's amazing "how bad" Martial is, but the likes of Tottenham/Chelsea/Juve seem more than happy to take him, wonder why that is :annoyed:
Judging by what I've seen this season, I'd rather we sold Sanchez than Martial. He was so effective when given a run of games earlier in the season and a lot of fans said they wouldn't want Sanchez if it meant sacrificing Martial.

He still looks our most dangerous attacking player and all of my non-united supporting mates have said how they wish they had him at their club. At the least I want to see him played on the left and Sanchez on the right, as Sanchez has been poor on both sides, whilst Tony has not.
What a load of HS. None of you nows anything whats going on inside Carrington.

Martial is treated like everybody else in this club, no exceptions. If a player shows talent, determination and dedication he will play, sooner or later. Successful managers value experience but if you're good enough you're old enough. The perception that Mourinho has anything against Anthony, or any other player in this club, is laughable. Managers live and die by results so best available players play, especially in important games.

Anthony Martial's future is up to himself. Nobody else can change his attitude.

Aloysius's Back 3

Martial is a striker & will find success at another club as a striker not as a LW/LM.

He is a better finisher than he is a crosser or a dribbler. Problem is - we tried to turn the first player who can dribble, take on his man, or cut inside & shoot in to the next C. Ronaldo. People want him to score repeats of the goal against Liverpool consistently because that's what's most likely stuck in their heads.

His game becomes far too predictable & he overcomplicates many parts of his play because he doesn't have the efficiency of a winger; though he does have the efficiency of a striker as seen by his statistics.

The same thing was done with Memphis & is being done with Rashford; the poor lad is trying to shoot outside the box like Ronaldo:(. Players who are strikers but have the ability to dribble are being played out wide for us to try and replicate another superstar.

It's such a cheap, relatively care free style of looking after some of our good young players. Lukaku is trying to be morphed in to the next Drogba simply because he has the physicality even though he has many key differences in his ability - he struggles with his first touch in comparison to Drogba but is far more clinical.

These players should be playing in partnership's - they iron out each other's flaws & are able to build a good understanding of the game. Instead we have groups of individuals & fans who complain about martial being a poor winger or Rashford being a poor lone target man.

redIndianDevil

No chance of us selling Sanchez anymore, no club in their right mind would pay him as much as we are paying now.

redIndianDevil

Martial is treated like everybody else in this club, no exceptions. If a player shows talent, determination and dedication he will play, sooner or later. Successful managers value experience but if you're good enough you're old enough. The perception that Mourinho has anything against Anthony, or any other player in this club, is laughable. Managers live and die by results so best available players play, especially in important games.

You tell that to yourself if it makes you feel better. The rest of us have eyes and can see that Mourinho has his pets who play no matter what.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why is that not applied to Sanchez, a player who has actually been a right winger before.
Because Mourinho was never going to give Sanchez what he didn't covet the most in terms of position on the field. In order for him to join, it seems the club spread its legs in terms of salary and football played

Let's say you're right. In what way is Rashford better than Martial then ? Rashford (in the past few games) has steadily showed he was in a terrrible form so definitely the best player available if we use your logic

ZAGREB RED

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go this summer, probably on to a club where he flourishes and bangs in the goals.. A factor in him possibly looking to leave will no doubt be that he has lost his place in the France squad and is going to miss the World Cup.

SBD

You tell that to yourself if it makes you feel better. The rest of us have eyes and can see that Mourinho has his pets who play no matter what.
Ferguson has played the likes of Park and O'Shea ahead of more talented players like Nani and Berba. Are you implying that Park and O'Shea are his pets as well?

The reason why the likes of Lukaku and Matic plays is because despite them having a off day, they still work hard and contribute to the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

luke511

Only one person talking "horseshit" around here mate.

settembrini

Martial is treated like everybody else in this club, no exceptions.
How come all the other posters don't know what happens at Carrington but you do? Are you a player/coach or some other employee?

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There are essentially two problems for every winger in our current system. They're asked to trace back and defend while at the same time, we lack any kind of offensive structure against tight defenses, hence it's just a moment of individual brilliance here and there which is gonna get us somewhere, at least as long as the game is tied. If you produce that moment as a player, you're the hero, if not, you're gonna look like shit. It's been a pattern for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.