5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Hate to make this a Mourinho thread but one of the most annoying things is wondering what Martial can be under a manager that knows how to build an attacking side. Imagine Martial at City drifting in the front three. He's class.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Very happy to see that it was just a precaution. If we are to make a mark in the cups we need him firing.

KennyBurner

Hate to make this a Mourinho thread but one of the most annoying things is wondering what Martial can be under a manager that knows how to build an attacking side. Imagine Martial at City drifting in the front three. He's class.
Average players like sane are eating good every week under Pep. Martial would be a younger Aguero although he would have to improve on his tenacity. I cry every night just thinking what we could be if we cultivated an attacking philosophy at this club. Just watching Rojo boot the ball in the air yesterday gave me a fever.

Other than players like martial pogba Fred and mata we really don’t have players that can play good football. It’s were we went wrong over the years investing in athletes like lukaku, Ashley young smalling and co. It really sucks that when a player like Luke Shaw is out, his replacement young can’t even link up with martial.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Average players like sane are eating good every week under Pep. Martial would be a younger Aguero although he would have to improve on his tenacity. I cry every night just thinking what we could be if we cultivated an attacking philosophy at this club. Just watching Rojo boot the ball in the air yesterday gave me a fever.

Other than players like martial pogba Fred and mata we really don’t have players that can play good football. It’s were we went wrong over the years investing in athletes like lukaku, Ashley young and co. It really sucks that when a player like Luke Shaw is out, his replacement young can’t even link up with martial.
Trainwreck of a post.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Other than players like martial pogba Fred and mata we really don’t have players that can play good football. It’s were we went wrong over the years investing in athletes like lukaku, Ashley young smalling and co. It really sucks that when a player like Luke Shaw is out, his replacement young can’t even link up with martial.
Maybe the promotion will come later, but right now it's good you're limited to 10 posts a day.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

I get the gist of your post but Sane is a monster.

Lam

If Mou was given a completely free hand we would be seeing Willian on the right and Rashford on the left. Martial would be doing well somewhere in Italy or Spain. Thanks god.

UncleBob

Where is his new contract ffs!
Isn't the official story that they are still negotiating and that the club thinks he'll sign a new one ?

Imo, not sure how much that matters, he's waiting to the end of the season to see what happens. He's been in a similar situation before, playing well before things go tits up

Janson

It's funny because he's one of the ones that goes on about 'Martial FC this, Martial FC that' yet obsesses over the guy regardless.
That's exactly why it's such an interesting topic, because he has always divided opinion so much. Now it's Pogba that's taken the spotlight.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I didn't check, I was just on that page when I checked back in to the thread. It's a good thing of course, the reason for it is he's played well.
Plus there were no club games between the 11th and the 24th due to international break so not much to talk about with him not playing for France due to injury.

Janson

Plus there were no club games between the 11th and the 24th due to international break so not much to talk about with him not playing for France due to injury.
Yeah that's right. I didn't think of that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely he will start if fit? He's been your best attacking player by a mile last two months and Liverpool going to be playing someone out of position at RB so an area to expose.

Surely he will start if fit? He's been your best attacking player by a mile last two months and Liverpool going to be playing someone out of position at RB so an area to expose.
Not if they effectively close him down like they have done in the past.
Much as I didn't enjoy it I did admire Liverpool's job on Martial a season back in restricting him soo much.They knew he was largely our main threat and basically surrounded him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not if they effectively close him down like they have done in the past.
Much as I didn't enjoy it I did admire Liverpool's job on Martial a season back in restricting him soo much.They knew he was largely our main threat and basically surrounded him.
If it was me I'd play a back 5 (although lack of fit CBs for you hinders that idea), a disciplined midfield three and then let Rashford and Martial do their own thing upfront. If not Martial then Mata in a free role.

Amusing that Lukaku seems to have become the golden boy in Mourinho's eyes again because he scored a goal v Fulham, he shouldn't be starting.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Why was he not starting?
Not mad dog enough.

I know people will use the coming back from injury bs excuse but we see plenty of players coming back from injuries straight into line ups especially Mourinho loyal servants like Matic and Lukaku.

Heck Dalot and Lindelof got back straight into the line back after coming back from injury.

Mourinho just wanted Lukaku and Lingard to play.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought he wasnt fit?

No same manager keeps him on the bench given our team.

Sylar

Hes 23, he should be playing as much as possible right now especially big games (and given rest here and there). But its the other way which it seems. I do think if was seen as a warrior by the manager, he would have been straight back into the team.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hes 23, he should be playing as much as possible right now especially big games (and given rest here and there). But its the other way which it seems. I do think if was seen as a warrior by the manager, he would have been straight back into the team.
Perhaps. I've had my shares of beef with Mourinho in regards to his treatment with Martial in the past as my posting history can attest to but in this case, I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I think Mourinho would have wanted him in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.