5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K13

I think Martial will be staying this summer due to the new contract, but I do expect one of him, Pogba or Lukaku to leave in this window coming up.

The Martial excuses have to stop now though, we've had seasons of his behaviour under two different managers and they're both making similar noises about him. This hasn't just happened this week.

He isn't progressing, he isn't improving and he certainly isn't working hard enough to warrant a place in the squad. Regardless of his injury status.
I am not making excuses for Martial. I want the best for the club and I really believe he is a big part of our future.

I have seen every single wide player since 74. The only one not to be slated was Coppell probably because he was so consistent.

I remember fans at the side of the pitch screaming at Giggs to move and complaining about his attitude compared to Best. Kanchelskis, Jesper Olsen ... the list goes on. We expect a lot of our wide players because they are the identity of the club.

Ronaldo use to get loads of abuse. He was a real show pony and there would be players in better positions and he would still shoot. He did not like running back. It is why Rooney played out on the left in the big games because he would.

So it is a bit like deja vue and I am sure the next generation of young skillful talent will be subjected to the same thing ... maybe even something like .. he thinks he is as good as Martial!! Time will tell.

Phil Osophy

There's no shitstorm, apart from a few pages on RC, it's hardly like he's being hung out to dry in every media, it's only on an internet forum.

Shitstorm :lol:
Those videos and the news about him being the attacking player with less distance covered in the league came together the same day, and it provoked a reaction in the social media platforms which was reported in the press too. I doubt Martial knows anything as he's probably inside his own bubble, but his team was well aware of it.

They came actually with that picture reminding us that "despite criticism the truth is on the field", and how many goals he scored in the last 4 seasons which is a laughable response, considering his talent wasn't questioned but mainly his attitude and desire. Call it shitstorm or whatever you want, but surely the noise was relevant enough if they reacted to it.

I rarely criticized Martial these years and even less asked for him to be sold so I'm not suspect of anything here, but the guy is taking the piss in the last months and it needs to be said clearly. To me it shows he's not well advised, because after we sacked Mourinho he should have been putting in more effort than anyone else, just to show the world that Mourinho was the problem, regardless of it being true or not. Instead of it he's been doing even less than before which leaves the guy in a weak position. I have the feeling that during Mourinho's tenure Martial was untouchable for Woodward, but now with Solskjaer he isn't anymore so he should be careful.

Raven

I am not making excuses for Martial. I want the best for the club and I really believe he is a big part of our future.

I have seen every single wide player since 74. The only one not to be slated was Coppell probably because he was so consistent.

I remember fans at the side of the pitch screaming at Giggs to move and complaining about his attitude compared to Best. Kanchelskis, Jesper Olsen ... the list goes on. We expect a lot of our wide players because they are the identity of the club.

Ronaldo use to get loads of abuse. He was a real show pony and there would be players in better positions and he would still shoot. He did not like running back. It is why Rooney played out on the left in the big games because he would.

So it is a bit like deja vue and I am sure the next generation of young skillful talent will be subjected to the same thing ... maybe even something like .. he thinks he is as good as Martial!! Time will tell.
This guy gets it.

OL29

Don’t forget Nani who I’m sure most on this forum would take back in an instant. He was heavily criticised throughout his time here, often unfairly imo.

Raven

Don’t forget Nani who I’m sure most on this forum would take back in an instant. He was heavily criticised throughout his time here, often unfairly imo.
Yeah, I remember almost the exact same criticism aimed at Nani.

Stadjer

I wish we had Nani right now. So much better than any attacking option right now. Nani really was a good player.... just not Ronaldo.

EireRed_GS

So no martial in training today again im hearing.. a sign that this rumour of Ole telling him to beat it might actually have some truth to it maybe?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
"The warm up fiasco". :lol:

I'm pretty sure he's been dealing with a back injury, no? You don't usually warm up with those injuries.

Also, Keane is retired. All this Keano would have done this, that...it's kind of pointless, no?
Roy Keane is not only a legend in this club. He also epitomizes the standards of commitment we need from every player.

ROFLUTION

In minutes, he's played about 17 full matches this year in the league. Thats really terrible.

Id understand if Ole would want a player to count on instead of that.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's not like none of the other players there were questioned before is it? :rolleyes:

Ronaldo (attitude, diving and not working hard enough) got dogs abuse, Beckham (attitude, image) got dogs abuse and I'm led to believe Giggs got abuse for being inconsistent. People have short memories.
I hear what you are saying about Ronaldo, Beckham, Giggs. The problem here is that all of those won big trophies. Martial doesn't compete for big trophies. In fact, he gets left out of starting line-ups against teams at the bottom of the league!

Canagel

I hear what you are saying about Ronaldo, Beckham, Giggs. The problem here is that all of those won big trophies. Martial doesn't compete for big trophies. In fact, he gets left out of starting line-ups against teams at the bottom of the league!
They didn't win trophies by themself.

K13

Yeah, I remember almost the exact same criticism aimed at Nani.
Yes .. he was one as well. His only crime was not being at quite the supersonic level that Ronaldo was.

I think if he had stayed on the pitch against Real Madrid in 2013 we would have gone through to the quarters- still rankles that as Arbelo seemed to step into Nani's boot.

AaronRedDevil

Yes .. he was one as well. His only crime was not being at quite the supersonic level that Ronaldo was.

I think if he had stayed on the pitch against Real Madrid in 2013 we would have gone through to the quarters- still rankles that as Arbelo seemed to step into Nani's boot.
I remember pepe doing the exact same tackle in the next round and he only got a yellow!:mad:

el3mel

They didn't win trophies by themself.
The collection of great players who care for the shirt together won us trophies, these included and they had big part in them.

Collection of crap overrated players that sulk, jog on the pitch and don't care for the shirt but get defended by the fans the previous years have us where we are now, Martial included too.

Loublaze

ATLien
He had a fresh start under Ole when Ole came in
Ole needs a fresh start himself. You know, like a transfer window and a preseason under his belt.

At all costs? If we can swap him for Dybala the lad needs to go.
If Juventus would be willing to do a swap deal what would that tell you about Dybala? For what its worth, i've watched Dybala a lot and I personally don't think he'd fit well in the PL

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Beckham was more gifted than Martial and the coaches had to beg him to come off the training field.
That's how hard he and others too worked.

The players need to get back to that level of commitment. Along with a very tough fitness regime as ole started with, we will see a much better team next season.
I'm looking forward to the pre-season after we get in the players we need.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

But he didn't 'run' right?
He can be a quality striker or no 9 that we want so badly to replace Lukaku but the guy lacks intelligent movement which strikers need in order to give defenders problems.

He also lacks of work rate to put defenders under pressure.

If something doesn’t goes on his way, his head down.

The stats of him being one of the lazy forwards in EPL alongside Lukaku sums them up.

haram

Ole needs a fresh start himself. You know, like a transfer window and a preseason under his belt.

If Juventus would be willing to do a swap deal what would that tell you about Dybala? For what its worth, i've watched Dybala a lot and I personally don't think he'd fit well in the PL
We’d have to pay money and Martial for Dybala. It tells me nothing. Dybala is miles better than Martial.

Loublaze

ATLien
We’d have to pay money and Martial for Dybala. It tells me nothing. Dybala is miles better than Martial.
Martial in 2018/19 all comps: 12 goals 2 assists 2086 mins 38 apps

Dybala all comps: 12 goals 4 assists 2409 mins 41 apps

What's Dybala's excuse? He plays for the only good team in Italy, 16 points ahead of their closest rivals. Even Gabriel Jesus and Mahrez have outperformed him with way less minutes. How often do you watch Dybala? I've watched Juventus plenty this season. Dybala is slow as feck on top of zero workrate, he'd struggle in England

haram

Martial in 2018/19 all comps: 12 goals 2 assists 2086 mins 38 apps

Dybala all comps: 12 goals 4 assists 2409 mins 41 apps

What's Dybala's excuse? He plays for the only good team in Italy, 16 points ahead of their closest rivals. Even Gabriel Jesus and Mahrez have outperformed him with way less minutes. How often do you watch Dybala? I've watched Juventus plenty this season
1. Juventus are not playing that well period
2. Ronaldo has arrived
3. I’m not going to get into a debate about who is better between fecking Dybala and the total myth that is Anthony Martial.

Loublaze

ATLien
2. Ronaldo has arrived
3. I’m not going to get into a debate about who is better between fecking Dybala and the total myth that is Anthony Martial.
1. Poor excuse, they've walked the league
2. What does that have to do with Martial outperforming him with worse teammates?
3. You already have with your first two weak points

4. You haven't answered the question about how often you've watched Dybala this season. Im assuming not much and you're just rating him based on his reputation. Again, the fact Juventus might be willing to let him go says a lot, he's not the superstar you think he is and many Juve fans agree with me. Mandzukic has been more valuable this season

diarm

I want him out the door minutes after the window opens but it's still a frustrating one. The kids has talent falling out his ears but he just couldn't give a feck.

I wouldn't even mind that much if he was just a lazy shit who didn't like tracking back to defend. But he's too lazy to make runs away from defenders or between the lines or off the shoulders of centre backs.

With his pace, skill and finishing he should be watching Thierry Henry videos morning, noon and night and trying to emulate him wherever he can but no, he wants to stand still, take the ball with his back to goal deep or out wide. Turn with the ball and go on a mazy run past as many defenders as he possibly can. Every. Single. Time.

Give 10% of his talent to Rashford and 10% of Rashfords attitude to him and we'd have a couple of world-beaters on our hands but this kid just doesn't want it enough.

He's so busy being sour he has no interest in listening to anyone around him who isn't blowing smoke up his arse. Give him ten years til he realizes he's pissed a chance at greatness down the drain and then he'll know what sour is.

haram

1. Poor excuse, they've walked the league
2. What does that have to do with Martial outperforming him with worse teammates?
3. You already have with your first two weak points

4. You haven't answered the question about how often you've watched Dybala this season. Im assuming not much and you're just rating him based on his reputation. Again, the fact Juventus might be willing to let him go says a lot, he's not the superstar you think he is and many Juve fans agree with me. Mandzukic has been more valuable this season
I do watch Italian football every week. I watch Juve frequently. I watch a lot of football in general. He scored 20 league goals last season, even a couple hatricks. He is simply better than Martial.

No it’s not a poor excuse. They have been winning games even when being outplayed and been the poorer side.

Only deluded Manchester United fans will think Martial is on Dybala’s level. This is my last post. Martial is a total myth.

Canagel

He can be a quality striker or no 9 that we want so badly to replace Lukaku but the guy lacks intelligent movement which strikers need in order to give defenders problems.

He also lacks of work rate to put defenders under pressure.

If something doesn’t goes on his way, his head down.

The stats of him being one of the lazy forwards in EPL alongside Lukaku sums them up.
Why does he lack intelligent movement in the middle? If anything free role is where he had been unpredictable to defend against.

Lukaku should be binned off and Martial should be given his number 9 back. He's the most clinical forward in the club. If he is sold I worry another club could make us look like fools. We can at least get some good fee by 2 years time.
Ole is in love with "Rashy" though and had seemingly decided he'll be our main man so I struggle to see how we'll be accommodating both players unless they have returned to the old rotation used by Mourinho.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why does he lack intelligent movement in the middle? If anything free role is where he had been unpredictable to defend against.

Lukaku should be binned off and Martial should be given his number 9 back. He's the most clinical forward in the club. If he is sold I worry another club could make us look like fools. We can at least get some good fee by 2 years time.
Ole is in love with "Rashy" though and had seemingly decided he'll be our main man so I struggle to see how we'll be accommodating both players unless they have returned to the old rotation used by Mourinho.
The guy hardly even move and lazy. Being clinical is one thing but if he doesnt be aggressive and move around, defenders will mark him easily.

diarm

He doesn't move an inch until the ball has reached his feet. It doesn't matter how clinical you are when you're only a glorified foosball player.

el3mel

Don't worry. He will end up at some French team and will end up having an underwhelming career once he leaves.

Loublaze

ATLien
I do watch Italian football every week. I watch Juve frequently. I watch a lot of football in general. He scored 20 league goals last season, even a couple hatricks. He is simply better than Martial.

No it’s not a poor excuse. They have been winning games even when being outplayed and been the poorer side.

Only deluded Manchester United fans will think Martial is on Dybala’s level. This is my last post. Martial is a total myth.

Even Lukaku outperformed Dybala last season and this season as well. Dybala is an even bigger myth because no one thinks Martial is world class. Dybala is one of the most overrated footballers out there and even Immobile is a more lethal finisher than he is. Your man is not even among the top 25 top scorers in serie A this season and has never topped the top scorers charts. Cue the 'he's a CAM' rebuttals.

Immobile is far superior and always has been. Quagliarella, Zapata, Piatek, Milik and Caputo etc, all better finishers, even Gervinho is outscoring him. Its laughable. Juventus walked the league, 89 points, 16 above their closest rivals and have only lost twice and are on course to topple the 95 points they attained last season. Your argument is weak if I can even call it one. Martial has outperformed him FFS.

Patrick08

Modern football doesn't give luxuries of not tracking back to players, That ronaldo era at united is gone and football has evolved . Also Martial will never be as good as him.

He is definitely part of our future, but over the time I don't think it will be on wings, but more of as a striker as he is best near the box and inside the box, unless he shows the maturity and hunger to improve his game suiting to the demands tactically.

K13

He doesn't move an inch until the ball has reached his feet. It doesn't matter how clinical you are when you're only a glorified foosball player.
Yes .... but somehow he finds space in a crowded box to score clinical goals with minimal movement - so maybe, just maybe the guy knows what he is doing.

K13

Modern football doesn't give luxuries of not tracking back to players, That ronaldo era at united is gone and football has evolved . Also Martial will never be as good as him.

He is definitely part of our future, but over the time I don't think it will be on wings, but more of as a striker as he is best near the box and inside the box, unless he shows the maturity and hunger to improve his game suiting to the demands tactically.
I agree very much with your first point.

Martial is being compared to players who predominantly played in teams on the front foot. Attacking teams where the fullbacks get forward and in the box, the ball is moved really quickly so that the forwards know when they move they will be part of an exciting forward momentum.

We replicated that for 10 games and he was fantastic - really thrived as did all our other attackers.

Raven

2. Ronaldo has arrived
Sounds like you're making excuses... Dybala FC?

Status
Not open for further replies.