Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
1. Juventus are not playing that well period
2. Ronaldo has arrived
3. I’m not going to get into a debate about who is better between fecking Dybala and the total myth that is Anthony Martial.
:lol: And you are blaming Martial even when we playing worse than most teams.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is Dybala being compared to Martial in the first place?!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Martial is being compared to players who predominantly played in teams on the front foot. Attacking teams where the fullbacks get forward and in the box, the ball is moved really quickly so that the forwards know when they move they will be part of an exciting forward momentum.

We replicated that for 10 games and he was fantastic - really thrived as did all our other attackers.
Actually, Martial was our one attacker who didn't really improve under Ole. He was still fairly good for that first month or so of Ole's reign, but his best period this season was actually under Mourinho. And from memory he was also the first of our attackers to drop in form after that first month.

K13

Actually, Martial was our one attacker who didn't really improve under Ole. He was still fairly good for that first month or so of Ole's reign, but his best period this season was actually under Mourinho. And from memory he was also the first of our attackers to drop in form after that first month.
I actually think he did. I am looking at general play. When we had the false 9 - Lingard moving at pace into the channels it opened up the central and inner channels and with our backs attacking further up the pitch there were so many more points of attack for the opposition to cover. He, Rashford and Lukaku looked really good with the increase in attacking movement that allowed them to exploit this space because teams could also no longer double up on them. The balanced midfield 3 of Pogba, Matic and Herrera were also finding their passing range so we really pinged the ball around quickly. Our attacking unit looked really good. Contrast that to when the intensity wore off then everything slowed down again and we became predictable.

He did play very well for Mourinho and won the player of the month award in October I think.

RedorDead21

I actually think he did. I am looking at general play. When we had the false 9 - Lingard moving at pace into the channels it opened up the central and inner channels and with our backs attacking further up the pitch there were so many more points of attack for the opposition to cover. He, Rashford and Lukaku looked really good with the increase in attacking movement that allowed them to exploit this space because teams could also no longer double up on them. The balanced midfield 3 of Pogba, Matic and Herrera were also finding their passing range so we really pinged the ball around quickly. Our attacking unit looked really good. Contrast that to when the intensity wore off then everything slowed down again and we became predictable.

He did play very well for Mourinho and won the player of the month award in October I think.
Some of you and Martial wow. It's like you've been cheated on a 100 times this year by your girl but remember the one Sat you enjoyed a movie and pizza. He's been a clusterfu** overall with effort and application that belong in the gutter! A complete inability to make runs in behind even though it's in the national press debating his failure to do so because it's so bloody obvious to everyone but himself! He'll be rightly shown the door and made and example of. If a player's effort drops below x, 3 times in any 4 game spell (and his certainly has)......they should be moved on.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Sooner the better he leaves.

He will have a 6 month spell of good form for his new club and people will be moaning but then revert to type.
He's not a UNITED player.

Has the talent but thats where it ends

diarm

Yes .... but somehow he finds space in a crowded box to score clinical goals with minimal movement - so maybe, just maybe the guy knows what he is doing.
If he did, one of the most clinical strikers we've ever had wouldn't be kicking his arse out the door.

AJ10

Needs to forget about passing the ball into the net (not playing for wenger) and showboating (not fifa street) just needs to focus on scoring goals and making assists. Take the Ronaldo route, cut out most of the nonsense and focus on being a goal scorer. He will never score as many as Ronaldo but he can definitely find the net.

K13

Some of you and Martial wow. It's like you've been cheated on a 100 times this year by your girl but remember the one Sat you enjoyed a movie and pizza. He's been a clusterfu** overall with effort and application that belong in the gutter! A complete inability to make runs in behind even though it's in the national press debating his failure to do so because it's so bloody obvious to everyone but himself! He'll be rightly shown the door and made and example of. If a player's effort drops below x, 3 times in any 4 game spell (and his certainly has)......they should be moved on.
I don't feel any shame at not being led by our national press and spending time analysing a player in a cold clinical manner and basing my opinion on that.

It just feels like the same old arguments are being put forward. A regurgitation of what is seen in the press. A media body whose value is determined by how controversial they can be because most people seem to like that way of reporting news.

Even his impressive technical stats / the cold hard facts are dismissed by people who don't rate him. Yet they highlight the one stat where he does fall down - km run per game and effort. Mata is actually the player up front/midfield who has run the most km's but people still slate him as being old and past it.

So you are absolutely 100% entitled to your opinion based on what you read but please do not blame me for taking the time and effort to watch and learn for myself and make my own opinion based on the information I have collated.

Adamsk7

I want players at our club where we don’t have to debate if they’re good enough or not.....

K13

Needs to forget about passing the ball into the net (not playing for wenger) and showboating (not fifa street) just needs to focus on scoring goals and making assists. Take the Ronaldo route, cut out most of the nonsense and focus on being a goal scorer. He will never score as many as Ronaldo but he can definitely find the net.
Absolutely 100% agree.

Ronaldo use to showboat and drive us all a bit mad but I seem to remember Sir Alex explaining that it was his way of showing how good he was. Maturity and confidence as ever sorts out all these issues and makes a more rounded, more considerate player.

K13

I want players at our club where we don’t have to debate if they’re good enough or not.....
Well our dna is built around giving youth a chance so it has always been like that.

Ole's press conference this morning confirmed that it will continue to be the focus rather then bringing in ready made players so whilst he is at the helm young players with potential will be given chances.

Adamsk7

Oh I agree with you, however he’s not a youth player. He’s 23, approaching 24, and he’s been playing in our first team for four seasons. Previously he was in Monaco’s first team. That’s plenty of time to see what someone is made of.
He’s gonna be in his prime in a couple of years - if we are debating if he’s good enough now, how long are we going to wait for this promise to be fulfilled?

He’s the equivalent of a big flaccid penis. Sure it’s a grand size and all, but if it’s all limp and can’t perform, it’s not much good for anything other than a doorstop.

Mr PG

Biggest reason to sell is he's lazy and does the same job as Rashford basically.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Not going to be sold in a million years. Literally no one is going to stump up either the right fee or the 250k wages. Should of got rid last summer while he would of fetched a good price.

Best plan now is to try him as a striker while the others are misfiring so badly. Otherwise we are stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

diarm

So Ole is selling Martial this summer?
Every time I've picked up my phone over the past few days I've been seeing headlines about Ole losing patience with him and wanting him gone this summer?

Could all be bollocks but it's well documented that he's given him a major dressing down recently and he goes against everything Solskjaer stood for as a player.

K13

Every time I've picked up my phone over the past few days I've been seeing headlines about Ole losing patience with him and wanting him gone this summer?

Could all be bollocks but it's well documented that he's given him a major dressing down recently and he goes against everything Solskjaer stood for as a player.
Thanks for the clarification.

RedorDead21

I don't feel any shame at not being led by our national press and spending time analysing a player in a cold clinical manner and basing my opinion on that.

It just feels like the same old arguments are being put forward. A regurgitation of what is seen in the press. A media body whose value is determined by how controversial they can be because most people seem to like that way of reporting news.

Even his impressive technical stats / the cold hard facts are dismissed by people who don't rate him. Yet they highlight the one stat where he does fall down - km run per game and effort. Mata is actually the player up front/midfield who has run the most km's but people still slate him as being old and past it.

So you are absolutely 100% entitled to your opinion based on what you read but please do not blame me for taking the time and effort to watch and learn for myself and make my own opinion based on the information I have collated.
Who said the national press direct our opinions of martial. Simply saying even with that level of spotlight, he still does not make the runs. Mourinho said it....his manager....hell it was even a slot on Monday night football, its mentioned weekly in here all year.....I'm basically saying he's not intelligent enough to improve his game regardless if the step by step process for doing so is being made clear on the 10 o'clock news! Jesus make the bloody runs, repeat make the runs. I could show you at least 15 games where he hasn't bothered to make a run which would benefit the team simply by going over the games he's played in. Of course he will have been shown them a zillion times already so whats the bloody point. Couple this with his workrate and application which show complete disrespect for the shirt all too often.....It's insane anyone bar his own mother defends this sh**!

With Pep/klopp he'd rot below Sane and co on the bench for the same......hell Sane works his socks off and Pep was berating him for the entire cameo against Leicester.....because making said runs and working hard wasn't even enough. He wanted more again.

The reason why I'm so annoyed is basically because it's like watching Monet paint shit paintings because he insists on being blindfolded. When a player with his talent chooses to fail, by simply not making the most basic of runs, (the kind of runs theo walcott makes regularly but hasnt the ability to finish them) it's a conscious decision not to improve their standard. It's baffling and unforgivable for me.

Last edited:

diarm

Thanks for the clarification.
Woah there cowboy. I haven't been following this thread since my post and I've just replied directly to your couple of your posts.

Had I realised I was talking to a 23 year old who's just realised he's cleverer than everyone else on the planet I wouldn't have bothered my arse. Come back to me in 10 years and we can have a laugh and a cringe about how embarrassing the stage you're strutting through at the minute was for us all.

K13

Woah there cowboy. I haven't been following this thread since my post and I've just replied directly to your couple of your posts.

Had I realised I was talking to a 23 year old who's just realised he's cleverer than everyone else on the planet I wouldn't have bothered my arse. Come back to me in 10 years and we can have a laugh and a cringe about how embarrassing the stage you're strutting through at the minute was for us all.
I was thanking you for taking the time out to answer my question.

Raven

Who said the national press direct our opinions of martial. Simply saying even with that level of spotlight, he still does not make the runs. Mourinho said it....his manager....hell it was even a slot on Monday night football, its mentioned weekly in here all year.....I'm basically saying he's not intelligent enough to improve his game regardless if the step by step process for doing so is being made clear on the 10 o'clock news! Jesus make the bloody runs, repeat make the runs. I could show you at least 15 games where he hasn't bothered to make a run which would benefit the team simply by going over the games he's played in. Of course he will have been shown them a zillion times already so whats the bloody point. Couple this with his workrate and application which show complete disrespect for the shirt all too often.....It's insane anyone bar his own mother defends this sh**!

With Pep/klopp he'd rot below Sane and co on the bench for the same......hell Sane works his socks off and Pep was berating him for the entire cameo against Leicester.....because making said runs and working hard wasn't even enough. He wanted more again.

The reason why I'm so annoyed is basically because it's like watching Monet paint shit paintings because he insists on being blindfolded. When a player with his talent chooses to fail, by simply not making the most basic of runs, (the kind of runs theo walcott makes regularly but hasnt the ability to finish them) it's a conscious decision not to improve their standard. It's baffling and unforgivable for me.
:confused::confused:

Edit: Mourinho was also a cancer to this club, I'm not sure why you're quoting him here.

Loublaze

ATLien
Badly exposed and outperforming the likes of Dybala in a horrid United team. I'll take that and build on it.

haram

Oh dear, embarrassing posts. Weird to see ManUtd fans hating on of their player so much.
It really isn’t hate. He has got a free ride his entire time here. Everyone deserves criticism, it’s just that he never got any before these last couple of months.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It really isn’t hate. He has got a free ride his entire time here. Everyone deserves criticism, it’s just that he never got any before these last couple of months.
:lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Don’t care how talented Martial is. He has been a fecking disgrace this season. He barely runs, his movement off the ball is horrific, has no workrate, and his body language is just awful. To top it all off he isn’t even scoring goals. I have defended him to the hilt for the last two years, but at this point I wouldn’t give a single shit if he left the club. He has it in his hands to make it here, he just needs to work hard. If he doesn’t, he will be gone. End of story. Make up your mind Anthony.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I think he will stay. He just signed a big bucks contract, he’s likely to stay and might be his final chance to prove whether he’s capable to success here or no.

Ashley R1+O

He has it in his hands to make it here
Not personal on you, I'm also the guy who keep saying it about Martial. But: He's made it. He just signed a deal for 200k/w+, I get the whole he needs to work harder stuff but to say he 'has it in his hands to make it here' he didn't even do anything and he 'made it'.

It's such a weird situation. I mean, it isn't Martials fault either. For some reason we've started paying guys stupid amounts of money for what they theoretically might provide or could possibly provide in the future. Until that changes we're just going to get similar situations. "I've got my wedge, I've got no responsibility beyond that.."

Nickosaur

Don't think he has the drive or aggression to make it.

As things stand I see a Laurent Robert kind of player. Great highlight reel by the end of his career but ask fans how he played week in, week out, and it's very meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.