5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

Wouldn’t say Rashford, but Lingard most certainly. Mata and Sanchez both have less use too.
Agree about Martial’s application, I just take solace in the fact he’s demonstrated that he can be good enough for a whole season (or at least close to). Not too sure any of our other attackers can say that.
When has Martial done that?

AJ10

Take out Fifa street mentality and just focus on scoring goals and creating chances then he can be a wonderful player.

haram

I’m his first season? 17 goals and 10 assists I think it was from mostly the wing.
If you look at the league, after the second game of the season he didn't score for 9 consecutive games... Apart from the first two games which I mentioned, he didn't even score in back to back games all season. Is that really showing you can do it for a whole season? Granted, the team was poor but he was our main attacking outlet. He was good in that season as well but we start to see his limitations after that year.

He got 11 in the league in 31 games. Lukaku this year got 12 in 32 games. Martial may well have played more minutes as well.

Manowar

If you look at the league, after the second game of the season he didn't score for 9 consecutive games... Apart from the first two games which I mentioned, he didn't even score in back to back games all season. Is that really showing you can do it for a whole season? Granted, the team was poor but he was our main attacking outlet. He was good in that season as well but we start to see his limitations after that year.
Would you apply the same way of thinking to your beloved Lukaku or the talented youngster JLingzzzz when they went on streaks of goal draughts? Such hypocrisy.

Martial needs to improve, and I’m pretty sure he is not satisfied with his own performances. The talent is there, a bit more hard work and hope he can break through for real, this time.

haram

Would you apply the same way of thinking to your beloved Lukaku or the talented youngster JLingzzzz when they went on streaks of goal draughts? Such hypocrisy.

Martial needs to improve, and I’m pretty sure he is not satisfied with his own performances. The talent is there, a bit more hard work and hope he can break through for real, this time.
It's not hypocrisy. I'm not the one that said Martial can do it for a whole season. Maybe you should read the posts firsts. Lukaku has hit 25 goals in a single league season anyway.

Canagel

He got 11 in the league in 31 games. Lukaku this year got 12 in 32 games. Martial may well have played more minutes as well.
Yes he carried the attack.

OL29

Are you just making that up? Because he scored in consecutive games towards the end of the season against Leicester and Everton at least, I’m not going to look up the season but that’s at least one occasion where he scored in consecutive matches. And it’s not really fair to compare him to Lukaku who plays centrally, from what I remember, Martial didn’t play upfront besides his first few games. Another thing to note is he was pivotal in our FA cup run, scoring the equaliser in the home game against West Ham to take it to a replay and it was his teammates who absolutely fell apart in the last game at Upton Park after Martial’s brace had put us in the lead. I really dread to think where we would’ve ended up without him that season.

haram

Yes he carried the attack.
He was the focus of our attack and managed 11 goals. I said he had a good season but let's not pretend that shows he can do it for a whole season, especially in a team trying to finish top 3.

Are you just making that up? Because he scored in consecutive games towards the end of the season against Leicester and Everton at least, I’m not going to look up the season but that’s at least one occasion where he scored in consecutive matches.
Might not be in his debut season which was the topic of discussion. I didn't mean he had never done it in his United career.

OL29

He was the focus of our attack and managed 11 goals. I said he had a good season but let's not pretend that shows he can do it for a whole season, especially in a team trying to finish top 3.

Might not be in his debut season which was the topic of discussion. I didn't mean he had never done it in his United career.
I was talking about his debut season. Although one was the FA Cup semi final vs Everton and then he scored in the following game at home to Leicester on the 1st of May. Maybe the stat you were referring to is league games? Even so, I think it’s fair to say he performed pretty much throughout the season.

haram

I was talking about his debut season. Although one was the FA Cup semi final vs Everton and then he scored in the following game at home to Leicester on the 1st of May. Maybe the stat you were referring to is league games? Even so, I think it’s fair to say he performed pretty much throughout the season.
He did well but you can point to better seasons by Mata, Alexis and Lukaku as well so I dont get his point.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He could make such a difference to us if he realises some of that potential. Please let us get some luck with this. PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS.

As you were.

AJ10

:lol:

IrishRedDevil

This was such an exciting transfer.

Nobody really knew who he was, then I remember social media exploding saying we had bid up to £50m for a 19 year old Monaco player.

18 goals and 11 assists in his first season with all that pressure on him :drool:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
You cant question his production or finishing ability.

You can question his mentality though. I can tell 5 mins into the game if he will play well or not. Thats not good.

It does seem that he does not like playing wide left. He quickly gets doubled up and gets frustrated.

Maybe he will play as striker. I hope he does. We need to see what he and Rashford can do.

Make or break season. Time to show n prove.

finneh

Watching this seems he played where he wanted, right, left, central. Looked some player at Monaco.
He's the definition of a YouTube player. That's part of our problem... The highlight reels of him and Pogba last season would make B.Silva and Sterling pale in comparison. The latter two though we're dominant in accumulating one of the highest points totals of all time. The former two were fundamental in a team finishing 6th.

They make Firmino and Henderson look like Messi and Zidane.

Lee565

The real shame is that Rashford has never showed the type of potential that Martial has but gets the star treatment from Ole.

Looking at Martial now compared to his young days, I see a player that second guesses his own ability, the penalty he won against West Ham was a sign of that, the old Martial when we first signed him would have cool and calmly slotted the ball home for a goal when he was bearing down on goal with just the oncoming keeper to beat but instead he hesitated with the chance and got a bit lucky of the opposition defender lunging in when he caught up with a dithering Martial

w1thout

Watching this seems he played where he wanted, right, left, central. Looked some player at Monaco.

His dribbling abillity really regressed under Mourinho. He was a phenomenal dribbler back in his Monaco days and his first season with us under Van Gaal.

Such a Shame. :(

AFC NimbleThumb

Won’t realise his potential whilst we persist with Marcus as our no.9.

Genuinely think we’d be a better team with Rashford on the wing & Tony up front.

One can finish, the other is a skilful dribbler.

The White Pele

I still really want to see him and Rashford given a prolonged run as a dynamic front 2, with a diamond behind them.

Foxbatt

He needs the ball played to him early while there is space still available. United rarely plays the ball to him early. The United players are too selfish and only pass when there is no other choice.
AFC Nimblethumb, Martial is also much the better dribbler than Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.