5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

I honestly believe his head is not in it anymore. He's made his decision to leave already. There's no point judging his performances. It's a real shame it's come to this but signing Sanchez and the way he was treated after January has done the damage. Martial is not stupid. He knows his way into the team is blocked by Sanchez and Lukaku and when those two are fit they'll be Mourinho's first choices on the LW and upfront. The situation is very clear. If you feel like the manager doesn't fully trust you you'll never perform to your best ability.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

No way should we be selling him until we have absolutely no choice, ie Jose staying beyond this season.

3KDré

Keep him till José leaves, next Manager will absolutely love him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nonsense. He put in plenty of shitty performances last season before we signed Sanchez. In fact, his only really good performances came off the bench. So bored of this myth about him being class until the nasty man, Sanchez took his spot in the team.
Last summer and the start of last season he was completely different is the point I'm making. His attitude looked completely different out on the pitch comparing pre-seasons alone. He played with hunger and always looked to make an impact and usually did. He forced his way into being the main choice as the left wing, then went through periods of good form and bad form, but was decent overall IMO, and then his form fell off a cliff after January. It's not Sanchez's fault, but it obviously has an impact, especially as Sanchez had plenty of trash performances (majority of them were trash tbf), yet his spot was never in question.

CA1

He's a very average player, I've said it since mid way through 15-16. His movement off the ball is shocking. He can't read the flight of a football. People asking him to play as a number 9 are masochists.

He wants to leave the club. But does anybody actually want him? I think Martial has these illusions that Real Madrid and Bayern want him. I'm not sure. I think Chelsea could be the best bet.

He shouldn't be on the tour, his attitude is a disgrace to the football club.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He’s got a Balotelli-vibe about him. Personally, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the autistic spectrum - his mind looks elsewhere most of the time.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I've been one of Martial's biggest fans, but I'm really starting to think he won't make it here. Might fulfill more of his potential elsewhere, if he can be bothered.

Reiver

I quite like the guy but I've also seen relatively little that would upset me if he left for the right price.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
He’s got a Balotelli-vibe about him. Personally, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the autistic spectrum - his mind looks elsewhere most of the time.
Hmm :p
Would explain his lack of mimicry.

CA1

Oh great. Another one.

FC Martial still in full force.
I guess it's ok not to give a damn in a preseason game.
The thing is- I think people say it's a lack of effort are being generous to him. Because they're exonerating his total lack of football intelligence.

One day people are going to realise he doesn't move because he doesn't know how.

acnumber9

He was laughably bad tonight. You can’t draw too much from friendlies but he looked less arsed than Di Maria. And that takes some doing.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Honestly think it's sucks to do because I've been a big fan but we need to cut him loose. We re not a psych ward. Seems mentally way too fragile to be in a United shirt. Mind over matter or some shit. I want us to get that never die attitude back and Martial is one of the worst offenders for not sticking to that script. Will be gutted if he does well elsewhere but at this point you d figure it's better for both sides. Can't imagine him being a cheerful or inspirational lad in the dressing room. Can't understate the importance of that.

Ban

The thing is- I think people say it's a lack of effort are being generous to him. Because they're exonerating his total lack of football intelligence.

One day people are going to realise he doesn't move because he doesn't know how.
Yup. He's completely overrated. Notion we should keep him till Jose gets the sack is well. Idiotic to say it mildly.

bosnian_red

I've been one of Martial's biggest fans, but I'm really starting to think he won't make it here. Might fulfill more of his potential elsewhere, if he can be bothered.
Oh I made peace with that a long time ago. Love him but there's not a chance anything changes with Martial while at United unless Mourinho ups and leaves randomly and we get a new very attacking manager and gives Martial a fresh lease of life to prove a point. Said it after we signed Sanchez and saw he'd always play on the left though, Martial should leave for his own sake and for us it's more use having the money and replacing him, as he's not going to change under Mourinho, Mourinho won't change his mind about him so his best chance at improving as a player and fulfilling his potential and actually being a starter somewhere is to leave (which he probably does want to do, but United won't let him allegedly).

3KDré

A player who shows no desire to improve and displays barely any effort on the pitch - who on Earth is this manager who will love him?
That’s just todsy, a pre season match.

What about last season where he broke into the team, exactly how everyone wanted to and immediately got benched for a player that was awful?

I’m not saying he’s been perfect but I think anyone who thinks, in any job, that they’re being misused would not be happy.

bosnian_red

Like how world cup winner Didier Deschamps loves him.
Tbf Deschamps is very Mourinho like in the way they play. Plenty of others think he'd shine in quicker and more attacking systems, but that's purely a feeling and my opinion, as we can only judge him off of how Mourinho plays pretty much (and LvG for a season, though it doesn't seem to be the same player these days so who knows).

Oh I made peace with that a long time ago. Love him but there's not a chance anything changes with Martial while at United unless Mourinho ups and leaves randomly and we get a new very attacking manager and gives Martial a fresh lease of life to prove a point. Said it after we signed Sanchez and saw he'd always play on the left though, Martial should leave for his own sake and for us it's more use having the money and replacing him, as he's not going to change under Mourinho, Mourinho won't change his mind about him so his best chance at improving as a player and fulfilling his potential and actually being a starter somewhere is to leave (which he probably does want to do, but United won't let him allegedly).
Yet Jose has been playing him in pre-season, and he’s still poor. At what point is it the player who is to blame?

haram

Tbf Deschamps is very Mourinho like in the way they play. Plenty of others think he'd shine in quicker and more attacking systems, but that's purely a feeling and my opinion, as we can only judge him off of how Mourinho plays pretty much (and LvG for a season, though it doesn't seem to be the same player these days so who knows).
So in reality, Manchester United and France do not actually need Anthony Martial.

Eddy_JukeZ

Some players just don't have the mental make-up.

Martial is one of those players.

I know it's only pre-season, but he was just so bad today, that I really couldn't be bothered if he was sold.

He put in an inexcusable performance today.

AndyJ1985

So in reality, Manchester United and France do not actually need Anthony Martial.
Well United need him more because unlike France we're not stacked with amazing players. Beggers can't be choosers and all that

Ekeke

Some players just don't have the mental make-up.

Martial is one of those players.

I know it's only pre-season, but he was just so bad today, that I really couldn't be bothered if he was sold.

He put in an inexcusable performance today.
makes no sense whatsoever. He showed he has whats needed in his first season

Djemba-Djemba

Martial was given chances last season even after Sanchez arrived and he failed to take any of them.

He was terrible.

AndyJ1985

If he leaves we would replace him. We do not need him.
Replace him? We haven't even managed to sign a decent right winger, or an experienced full back. Doubt we'd rush out and buy an Anthony Martial replacement

haram

Replace him? We haven't even managed to sign a decent right winger, or an experienced full back. Doubt we'd rush out and buy an Anthony Martial replacement
Yeah we'd sell him and do nothing with the money. Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.