6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa123

This is the big problem with Martial; can never be relied upon.

Either he chooses to show up or not during the games, and the rest of the time spent injured or out of favour. Unbelievable how some people would have him as our main striker. It has nothing to do with his technical qualities, it's about being an unreliable player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Martial always struck me as a confidence player more than anything else, it's why he always perks up when he gets an early goal, it gives him belief.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
@Santoryo

"Injury prone" by definition means someone who is frequently injured or often sustains injuries.

According to the stats on Transfermarkt, Martial has been injured/ill 12 times since 16/17, resulting in varying lengths of lay-off.

As opposed to Rashford's 5, Pogba's 6, Lingard's 3, Mata's 2, etc.
These knocks or small muscle injuries that put a player out for a game or so aren't indicative of being prone to injury, it's normal for players who exert themselves week in week out to have these small knocks and muscle injuries from time to time. If we want to talk about injury prone, it's players who are constantly out for weeks due to injuries, not knocks that keep a player out for a game here and there. Those are expected.

Rolaholic

Not sure how much time he'll miss but the silver lining might be Greenwood getting more minutes.

Was thinking about positives mainly because we just had the 4 year anniversary of Rashfords debut this past week which was only possible after Martial suffered a knock in warmups

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not sure how much time he'll miss but the silver lining might be Greenwood getting more minutes.

Was thinking about positives mainly because we just had the 4 year anniversary of Rashfords debut this past week which was only possible after Martial suffered a knock in warmups
Greenwood minutes don't depend on Martial, they have more to do with Ole not wanting to over expose him. Now whether that's a good thing or not I don't know.

We've played 2 strikers up front and Ole still choose James over him.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
RMC was convinced he will be back on Sunday and considering he had a fitness test on Thursday, it might be possible that he will make it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Sure I saw on sky sports that he missed training yesterday. Expect him to sit Everton out and possibly make a late sub appearance against Derby to ease him back in.

pratyush_utd

He isn't in MEN travelling team list. It's a shame as this was an important game

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Greenwood minutes don't depend on Martial, they have more to do with Ole not wanting to over expose him. Now whether that's a good thing or not I don't know.

We've played 2 strikers up front and Ole still choose James over him.
Yeah, Greenwood plays almost all games as RW. If we play 3-5-2 he might play alongside Ighalo against Everton.

Kag

Hope we don't rush him back.
Likewise. I’m no doctor but I’d rather hold him back a week if there are still signs of muscular wear and tear. We can manage without him for a week; not the rest of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No injury conversation complete without this!
It's same in every thread. Ole said Rashford will return after 2 months, replies are same "hopefully we are not rushing him".

RMC said on Thursday that Martial is hopeful he will be back for Everton game.

pratyush_utd

We have competent medical staff. If Martial is playing then I believe he is fit enough to do that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We have competent medical staff. If Martial is playing then I believe he is fit enough to do that.
Some people, who I can only assume have inside track into the detail and competence of our medical team, seem to strongly disagree.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Some people, who I can only assume have inside track into the detail and competence of our medical team, seem to strongly disagree.
Evidence suggests we have rushed players back from injury many times. Lingard once was subbeed off after less than 20 mins after coming back from injury, Pogba, Rashford. I think he is fit more than likely, but lets not act like there isn't plenty of evidence to suggest our medical team can make a bad call.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Evidence suggests we have rushed players back from injury many times. Lingard once was subbeed off after less than 20 mins after coming back from injury, Pogba, Rashford. I think he is fit more than likely, but lets not act like there isn't plenty of evidence to suggest our medical team can make a bad call.
Don't bother, it's all just pot luck according to him

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't know why people are touchy. We have a recent history of players aggravating injuries. It is only natural people are worried.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but he may as well have sat that game out such was his lack of influence

Ace of Spades

Pathetic performance, we need more attacking options. Barely makes runs, and constantly wants the ball at his feet, but on it he is very ineffective.

el3mel

Martial's routine of not playing more than 3 good games in a row continues.

spiriticon

Is there a point to this guy apart from hoping he scores a wonder goal out of nowhere?

Why is he even on the pitch?

We may as well play with 10 while he sits on the sidelines with a coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.