Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's crazy!

As @ShinjiNinja26 says above, it's been 3 months since he last played and this is the first post in his performance thread since this part of the forum was closed.

I mean, at least wait until he plays a stinker! Some of our fans are way too eager to criticise our players.
Funny enough is that there are like 2 or 3 threads about Martial and Strikers that have been around during this break from the football, and he's getting battered in those. One would think they would be enough to quench the thirst and urge to hammer him but seems like they weren't enough, not as good as doing it in the Martial's thread itself.

God forbids he doesn't have a brilliant game against Tottenham, anything less than a spectacular display to keep some folks at bay, and this thread is getting flooded with all sort of negative takes.

Snuffkin

Season hasn't even restarted and you're already gunning for him!
Aye I know just thrilled to be seeing Rashford and Bruno back. I know Martial has the talent to match them boys and wish I could be excited about him as well.

Andersonson

I've been critical of him many times and I often forget how young he actually is. With the players he has around him now and the fact that he has improved I have high hopes again. His talent is immense. If he takes one or two steps further we might have a world class striker for ages upfront. That excites me!

TrustInOle

The guy is 4 goals of a 20 goals season, in a very talent divided squad and people still want to moan at him. I feel this has been his best season yet, in a year where Rashford has also come on leaps and bounds. Seems so hard for people to fathom that Mourinho used this guy in a shocking manner to the point when he was forced to pick him cause his form was the best in the squad just to fork out a fortune to replace him with an over the hill mercenary.

Now he finally is given trust to go as our main centre forward, by a manager who believes in him, performs better than most of his career and he still gets shot down. Can't wait to see him shine now we have Bruno, fully for Pogba and plans to eventually sort our RW out.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

He's scored every single type of goal this season. Increase in headers and tap ins as well.
Even his smiling has improved, that will really relieve some here.

lenny_1248

Rewatched again the game against City.
He should have passed to Bruno, but other than that he was sublime. Scored a goal, pressed well, worked hard, cleared headers, bodied Fernandinho. I'd even dare to say that this was his most complete game for United.
Hopefully, he will continue and shut down critics.

Raven

He's scored every single type of goal this season. Increase in headers and tap ins as well.
Can't wait to see him back and with Pogba, Bruno and Rashford to play with. This is the most excited I've been in years about the United squad.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I watched his his highlights this season and Aguero's last season back to back and I have to say he has a pretty good highlights reel. Though highlights obvioisly don't tell the full story

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rewatched again the game against City.
He should have passed to Bruno, but other than that he was sublime. Scored a goal, pressed well, worked hard, cleared headers, bodied Fernandinho. I'd even dare to say that this was his most complete game for United.
Hopefully, he will continue and shut down critics.
He should have scored as much as he should have passed to Bruno. For a striker, it was very much a presentable opportunity to score - and the likes of Kane, Van Nistelrooy or Ronaldo would never be passing the ball in that opportunity. The problem was as much that it was just a poor effort on goal as it was that he didn’t pass I think.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He should have scored as much as he should have passed to Bruno. For a striker, it was very much a presentable opportunity to score - and the likes of Kane, Van Nistelrooy or Ronaldo would never be passing the ball in that opportunity. The problem was as much that it was just a poor effort on goal as it was that he didn’t pass I think.
Exactly. This wasn't a case of stubborn selfishness where a player trying to go for too much rather than pass to a teammate in a more favorable position. Most days Martial would bury that. He was well placed for his trade mark inside the foot far post finish and the keeper had already left the far side open. I expected him to score and for a second didn't even think he would/should pass there as it was happening. Problem is he took a bad shot but decision wise both squaring it to Bruno or taking it himself were viable and reasonable options.

The only thing he did wrong then was not score because that was an 80% chance right there.

Arka_BleedingRed

It's the same as Pogba. Except, Martial doesn't even have an agent who keeps talking rubbish about his transfer. I mean, the guy hasn't once opened his mouth to talk anything bad about the club, yet the hate on him is unreal.

Few years ago, Jose said something and it seems some of the cafe members took the responsibility upon themselves to slate the hell out of this guy irrespective of actual relevant details like playing well, scoring goals, improving himself etc. all the while he's young and inconsistent like every young player out there. It's like for them, Martial can do no right. And people, who can actually see the improvements, potential in the guy instead of unreasonable bias have been called Martial FC or worse. This place is something else!

Skeezix

It's the same as Pogba. Except, Martial doesn't even have an agent who keeps talking rubbish about his transfer.
This.
And players like Greenwood, McTominay, including Martial have extended contracts without hassle which should be noted and supported by the fans.

I am happy the board, Woodward stood against Mourinho when he was trying to move him on.

With more cohesion and understanding in the team, We are yet to see the best of Martial, Rashford and our other forwards.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A chance for him and Rashford to hit 20 for the first time in a season in their career.

lenny_1248

Who will blame him for the loss first?)
Being serious, him and Rash were pretty average, but I'm sure in the next game they will look much better. Martial was unlucky with his shot, brilliant save from Lloris.

el3mel

He had that one good moment in the second half when he was about to score but otherwise invisible. Needs to do a lot more.

AFC NimbleThumb

Really wished he’d have gotten a handle on the Bruno pass quicker; definitely grew into the game in the 2nd half. With a contribution from the RW position he can be an effective attacker.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think we need a better forward than Martial.

I just don't think he's the kind of player the team needs, you look at City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca and not only to compete for premier leagues, but to compete in Europe... you are never going to win Leagues with Rashford and Martial.

Getting Fernandes, Pogba, Maguire honestly its a great spine, but you need players who are going to take chances.

I don't feel with Rashford or Martial they will ever create something from nothing, nevermind them finishing 90% of the chances they get.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'll be forgiving to our players for this first game back(except the stupid defending from Maguire for the goal). Almost everyone looked off, especially our attackers.

Though I don't want to hear how(insert striker from other club) wouldn't have a quiet game. Kane was literally the worst player on the pitch from both sides but I'm sure we'll hear how other team's strikers never do x, y or z.

lenny_1248

I think we need a better forward than Martial.

I just don't think he's the kind of player the team needs, you look at City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca and not only to compete for premier leagues, but to compete in Europe... you are never going to win Leagues with Rashford and Martial.

Getting Fernandes, Pogba, Maguire honestly its a great spine, but you need players who are going to take chances.

I don't feel with Rashford or Martial they will ever create something from nothing, nevermind them finishing 90% of the chances they get.
What a nonsense. Show me a player who finishes 90% of chances? Are you serious?
They never create smth from nothing? What a bs.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Barely vot the ball in the first half. Has to do better.
True he hardly got involved in that first half. I'll try to chuck all this to first game return after a while and see how things turn out in the coming games. For some reasons all our attackers looked off.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What a nonsense. Show me a player who finishes 90% of chances? Are you serious?
They never create smth from nothing? What a bs.
In the box Martial should be converting more of his chances, and there are plenty of forwards in the world who create something from nothing, Martial isn't a player who will make the difference.

We're talking about having players to win leagues and champions leagues here, not top 4 finishes.

If you compare him against the forwards at City, Liverpool, Dortmund, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juventus, there are numerous examples in those squads with world class forwards.

United doesn't have them, but United does have (currently) a very strong spine of the team the recruitment has been good in the last 2-3 years.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Test Lloris? Has to beat Lloris. Such low standards.

Feel free to spend a career testing keepers. Rather a striker who scores.
These things happen when Strikers hardly get any sniff, especially when playing against a deep and compact defense. What did Kane do tonight? Isn't he the type of striker you guys love bringing up as the standard bearer of what a striker should do. How do you explain his quiet game? Does this make him shit too?

pascell

Its his lack of off the ball movement that is the killer for me. When you look at Vardy, Aguero, Aubameyang etc they're so aggressive with their runs, they constantly make runs to either get on the end of passes or, make room for their team mates to exploit.

Was the service to him tonight brilliant? No but you could see when we had the ball in the right areas, we'd look to make the pass but it just wasn't on.

If he just got the aggression in his game, he'd exploid into a top class striker.

edcunited1878

Starved of service and did what he could to link up against an organized setup today. He was a bit better than Rashford, but they were both poor. Kane was more invisible than these two.

Andersons Dietician

Came alive in that second half when the pace of the game went up. made some good runs but the little bit of movement just before that Bruno pass in to him that’s proper forward play. Did just enough to create the space and angle for the pass. Good recovery by Dier mind.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This is a Martial performance. Usually though he would have scored the goal Lloris saved and all will be forgotten
Define forgetting. You mean all the countless threads made about him, crapping about his game every post made.

I'm sure you yourself have a few threads questioning Martial every single hour, I'm actually surprised you of all people would talk about forgetting(forgiving) a Martial's performance

criticalanalysis

The one thing I will be critical of is that first (right footed) shot, which come from Bruno's fizzed in pass. Dier did great to block it but Martial should have gotten that shot away and probably scored.

Ighalo would have been a much better option today.

Martial and to be fair the whole team needed to play with a rocket up their arse today. So fecking lethargic.

Status
Not open for further replies.