6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven7290

Love the improved Martial. Was everywhere, holding the ball up, linking play, fighting wrestling. If he takes another step further we may have to pay Monaco the Balon D'or conditional clause and I think we'll happily pay that.

lenny_1248

Love the improved Martial. Was everywhere, holding the ball up, linking play, fighting wrestling. If he takes another step further we may have to pay Monaco the Balon D'or conditional clause and I think we'll happily pay that.
The date for this clause expired.

KennyBurner

Need a brace at least for my fpl. Also need 2 assists and a goal from Bruno who is my captain.

SAFMUTD

Loved his attitute and workrate against Aston Villa I hope we see more of the same today.

Sylar

I thought his workrate when Ole first came in was there, but it was him following the pressing from Rashford, Lingard, Herrera, which he (and others) followed through with. It then went down when we had injuries and changes to the team and then a downward turn in form towards the end of the season.

I think this season hes the starting point for it and you can see how hungry he is now for goals, assists and even the dirty stuff to win the ball back. I do love some of his celebrations when others score (like a fist pump)

Web of Bissaka

The date for this clause expired.
Conspiracy theory - Ed told managers at that time to not let Martial shine too much so we won't have to pay.
kidding
That would explain..
  • LVG placed him on LW after impressed as ST. Less goal, less reputation.
  • Mou limited his gaming times and generally criticized him openly.

Foxbatt

I don't mind him disappearing for long time in a game if he creates or score goals. Some players are like that.
I don't think also anyone questioned Ole's man management. He was always good in that.

Rolaholic

Neville trying to say Martial's no good in tight spaces. :rolleyes:
He was saying it to big up Greenwood but tbf, that's also one of Martial's biggest strengths :lol: . His control and ability in tight spaces is second only to Pogba and maybe Bruno.

Excellent today. Motm probably. But he really should have passed to Greenwood after that mazy run. Ended up possibly costing us the game :(

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial was so good in so many ways tonight. His strength and hold up play has come on leaps and bounds, as we saw for Rashford's goal. However, he had a number of chances to put the game to bed tonight and didn't. Possibly scored the hardest of his chances and missed the easier ones...

Get In Scholesy

He is as wasteful as he is brilliant. Needs to improve on being more clinical, can't have that at the highest level.

Edit:

In the Premier League, he has 50 goals from 142 appearances with 120 shots on target. Which is in fact a great rate of conversion. He isn't wasteful.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was fantastic tonight but should have had a hat trick. Just wasn’t out night tonight but could have been so different.

KennyBurner

Man of the match today. An actual footballer. We need more players like him that can do the basics right. That chance he provided to Rashford that was missed cost us the game.

The United

What are those easy chances that he should have finished apart from the one on one?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The midfield was off tonight which made it incredibly hard for our attackers as seen by Greenwood being anonymous. Martial and Rashford still put in a shift. His scoring boot were a bit off tonight. Still good game from him.

MetoTTT

Excellent today. Hold up, passing, work rate, scoring. The only player with Shaw, Rash (not all the game) who were on the needed level.
I'm not Martial fanboy though.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Looked determined to get us the 3 points, sadly most of his team mates were utter wank.

Drainy

Should have scored from the Ward Prowse mistake, but I'm not going to shit on him for not passing to Greenwood when he should have. He had just run half the pitch with the ball glued to his feet, no striker is passing there.

Idxomer

Should have had two assists, but yeah, selfish.
Well, I love Martial but twice today he had better options in Rashford and Greenwood and went for the shot instead.

He has a good eye for a pass that's why I was disappointed today in these two instances but overall yeah he had a good game today along with Rashford.

lsd

The Oracle
Far to wasteful and inconsistent. We cannot go forward with him as a number 9 and Rashford is not a number 9 either .

If Sancho comes in the summer one of Rashford and Martial should be the one making way and moving Greenwood in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.