6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The White Pele

Delighted with his goal today. It’s the type of goal he doesn’t usually score but needs to if he’s going to get us 20 goals

kiristao

Had a slow start like everyone else but looked so much better in the second half.
The celebration was interesting. Indicating a smile and then pointing to the number 9.

Cloud7

It’s so refreshing to see our #9 able to trap the ball, actually control it and hold onto it, and dribble past players. Forgot what that looked like.

Andersons Dietician

Did pretty well. Glad he got a goal.

Agreed, much more pleasant to watch than Lukaku up top.
What you eating tonight? Because the FC is eating good.

All jokes aside was decent ran loads, worked his socks off got in to good pressing positions but will be interesting to see how it develops throughout the season.

Born2Lose

I noticed in the Tottenham friendly that he looked like he could finally be arsed to put in some effort. Hopefully it continues, because this season more than any other we can't afford anyone to be a passenger.

ash_86

He's really really trying his best to put in the effort. He has the talent to be one of the best and it was always the effort. Hope he has a very good season

devips

He smiled today after scoring. He actually smiled.
A historic event, that.

K13

It is amazing what happens when someone believes in you.

Poachers goal but his pass to release Pogba who then played James in for our fourth was top class.

Treble

Maybe he is more suited to play as a CF than as a LW. He lacks the stamina to play as a winger and help in defence. In his best season to date he started many games as a CF.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Worked his ass off which is something I missed from him so far.
Thats what I also noticed most about his performance. Several times, he was furthest forward and led the press, directing others into which areas he couldn't cover.

Now that he is top dog, and can't hide behind another senior forwards, he might just become the main man ... OGS has certainly set the stage, so it's all up to him.

Davicho

Im pretty confident that with the back four we have, if Martial and Rasfhord can score 18+ goals each in the league we are getting the third spot. They are our seniors attackers this season and need transform all theirs potential in goals this season.

Shimo

Probably my MOTM and he did run his socks off but, there was one blip which fortunately we didn't get punished for. Lost the ball in midfield but, while he went back to defend, was half hearted and left whomever it was on the left wide open as AWB had gone up field. If he keeps up the work rate, will learn to recognize those moments better.

On his pressing, I noticed, when he decided to, he would motion for those behind to make sure they joined in - it's going to be important that we press as a team and not the helter skelter way we tended towards the end of last season.

R'hllor

I am not such a person but guess people in sport, at least some of them, strongly believe in superstition, didnt Zamorano had 1+8 or something like that on his Inter shirt?

el3mel

Very good positioning in his goal and good finishing too. Performance wise I'm sure he could do more than this.

Jean claude van hire

Delighted with his goal today. It’s the type of goal he doesn’t usually score but needs to if he’s going to get us 20 goals
Yes I completely agree with this post and I think Gary Neville made a similar point after the game. He likes to score beautiful goals does our Tony but there's no way he's going to score 20 goal of the season contenders this year so it's imperative he gets a few like this. Be interesting to see who scores the most this season him or Rashford but if they both hit 20 plus we could be in for an enjoyable season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very good performance playing in a position I've been saying he's most suited to for a while now. Good work rate too which was fantastic to see.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good 2nd half and one can hope that he sees the improvements and keeps on that track

Devil may care

Like Rashford it was a mixed bag performance, his movement across the CB for his goal was proper striker's stuff and he'll need to keep doing that if he wants to be the #9 as his movement has been one of his biggest issues. His deft pass to Pogba in the build up for the 4th goal was nice as well, but like Rashford there were sloppy moments of losing possession or making the wrong choice in a good position.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Happy he scored and played his part in another one. Looked happy and long may it continue.

KennyBurner

He has everything. He is the best forward at the club there’s no denying it. What I just need from him is to be more aggressive in the box. Try and shoot sometimes tony martial. Not every time pass. The best forwards in the world always try and shoot when in the box. The coaches need to point the out to him in the next personal meeting.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Always feels like he's on the verge of a massive breakthrough that never quite arrives when he hits a period of good form, hopefully if we continue to perform well though can sustain what he's shown today and have a strong season in that regard. Looks like he'll have plenty of trust placed in him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It looked like the ball went off his left thigh then onto his right leg and in, for the goal, anyone else see that? Massively lucky.

Good game today, I think the 9 will be his to lose this year. He's the only one with the goalscoring instinct.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It looked like the ball went off his left thigh then onto his right leg and in, for the goal, anyone else see that? Massively lucky.
You make your own luck in football, he put himself in a great position and was rewarded for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.