Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Martial FC today is a sad day and we have unfortunately taken a huge L. Martial lost his bike contract and has resigned with puma.
Well someone find his bike right now! How is he going to keep working on his fitness and stamina without it?!

Silly move by Nike, but they have too many athletes, let's see how Puma promotes him.
What is this about?

roonster09

Scout
I have no idea. I'm guessing him and Nike are parting ways and he's signing with Puma but I haven't found any news on it.
Big loss, it's also better for him to go with Puma, Nike and adidas have too many big names, he might become face of puma if i'm not wrong.

United58

You kid, but there’s actually been that very theory floating around.
Think it might actually help the likes of Greenwood, who was always used to small crowds at youth level. He looked slightly withdrawn pre-lockdown, whereas now he's one of our best players.

Obviously maturing as a player/adult with age would help, too

yfoFC

He's actually on 9 assists(don't know why he hasn't been given the Norwich assist here), so he only needs 1 to get double digits assists.

Though Transfermarket has him on 11 assists but that's because they count penalties as assists.
I guess it's 'cause a Norwich defender touched it on its way to Maguire iirc.

Anyways, I would still love two more so there is no doubt at all that he breached double figures assists..

Quinzaine

I guess it's 'cause a Norwich defender touched it on its way to Maguire iirc.

Anyways, I would still love two more so there is no doubt at all that he breached double figures assists..
Yep technically shouldnt really be an assist but statistically the FA have counted it as an assist so he's objectively one away! Also you've got to consider that many 'false' assists and goals are rewarded over a season to different players, it's quite normal.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Posting that to say good riddance to the worst signing in our history

Really stifled the development of Martial and Rashford on top of doing feck all on the pitch

Raven

Really stifled the development of Martial and Rashford on top of doing feck all on the pitch
He was in sensational form that season. It was decisions like this that made Mourinho look like he was going senile.

United58

He was in sensational form that season. It was decisions like this that made Mourinho look like he was going senile.
Even in 2018/19 he was putting in performances (highlight being the brace against Chelsea in the 2-2) that kept Mourinho in the job a while longer, luckily he wasn't able to do enough!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again, this is why talent is just a tiny aspect of a player's success. The wrong coach (and imagine if Mourinho hadn't failed both with the squad harmony and on the field), he could have been lost for even longer in his career. He's now back on track, and I expect nothing but progress from here on out.

Rolaholic

Has he ever attempted one of these during a match? Didn't think he had it in his locker :lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

infuriating, and it was obvious just watching the team that he was the main man in january before sanchez signed.
it's why i'm worried about signing another right-footed attacker like grealish, when we have martial and rashford to cover the left and bruno and pogba for the centre. we really need a left-footer to balance the team (or sancho who's comfortable on the right), not just another attacker to add depth on the side where we're stacked.

roonster09

Scout

Good riddance was when Jose got sacked. He just butchered Martial's and to ab extent Rashford's development.

roonster09

Scout
Also did Ole say that Martial is working hard in gym and we will see powerful CF?

Raven

Also did Ole say that Martial is working hard in gym and we will see powerful CF?
I think he's been quite powerful looking all season, looks incredibly difficult to knock off the ball. I'd worry about too much muscle effecting his agility, I know it's a cliche, but he seems to be able to handle most CB's on a physical level right now.

roonster09

Scout
I think he's been quite powerful looking all season, looks incredibly difficult to knock off the ball. I'd worry about too much muscle effecting his agility, I know it's a cliche, but he seems to be able to handle most CB's on a physical level right now.
I agree. He is very strong, he showed how strong he is/was with his very first move as a ManUtd player when he held Liverpool defender easily when he was just 19.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Imho, body strength isn't the main attribute to shield/hold on the ball. Obvious case is Lukaku.

That Barca's Pep team was notoriously hard to knock off the ball from them. It's how you open up space (with your body movement) and control the ball. Bruno is really good on this.

KennyBurner

Would rather he doesn’t bulk up. He is already very strong. Don’t want him to lose his agility and change of direction. Bulking would affect his complete style of play.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
A 30+ goal season is very achievable if he stays fit next season, which should make him a top 5 center forward and probably United's best asset, higher than even Pogba and Bruno.

roonster09

Scout
Ok, Ole didn't talk about powerful CF, he said he is working hard in gym on his strength.

Glorio

Ok, Ole didn't talk about powerful CF, he said he is working hard in gym on his strength.

Yep ... It's not like Ole was Arnold Schwarzenegger himself, so I doubt he'll be looking to mold Martial into Lukaku mk II

Raven

I'm sure the coaches know what they're doing. If he can start really bullying CB's but keep his natural agility, I have absolutely no doubt he'll be one of the best in the world in his position.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ve always rated Martial and felt hes a truly elite talent so it’s great to see him stepping up further this season. That being said there is still more to come from him and judging by many of the comments on this forum (Lukaku rated higher???) I think he’s going to really shock many people over the next few years. Absolute worldy!

Status
Not open for further replies.