6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

He's been here for so long its easy to forget he's only 24 so his best years are ahead of him. Exciting times for us :D

Rolaholic

He's been here for so long its easy to forget he's only 24 so his best years are ahead of him. Exciting times for us :D
Big part of why I always preached patience with him and always argued against getting rid of him when that seemed to be the popular opinion under Jose. He joined us as a teen and won the golden boy for his electric debut season under Van Gaal, the potential wasn't hard to spot back then.

When he was getting regular playing time he was consistently one of our best players and arguably our best forward for most of Jose's tenure. When he and Rashford were both alternating at LW he almost always stepped up each time and made his case to continue starting. It's just that Jose seems to have an established and negative history with a lot of his young talent for whatever reason and always prefers to go for experience over just about anything else.

It's not a coincidence that we've seen sustained improvement from him under a manager who has genuine trust and confidence in him which he hadn't had since his debut season.

Ole deserves a lot of credit. I think it's hard to find a better coach to help develop his game than a former striker for us like Ole but I also believe that he's always been a terrific talent that's had elite level potential in him. Now that he's got the opportunity and support in front of him,I don't see how he doesn't continue to improve barring injury.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Here I came across a video of his Monaco days. It already showed his good hold up play even back then and his dribbling skills which were a lot more common than he's done at times here at United. Also for those who think he isn't our best dribbler they should watch this.

AFC NimbleThumb

Here I came across a video of his Monaco days. It already showed his good hold up play even back then and his dribbling skills which were a lot more common than he's done at times here at United. Also for those who think he isn't our best dribbler they should watch this.

I get testy eyed at the sight of young Tony. He’ll score a few tonight.

Will watch the full vid again later.

lumeyes

My goodness, he was this good then! I think we should find a way to bring Sancho, plus another midfielder. Parte would be a dream. Get more good ball playing footballers around him and there is no reason he can't be a household name next season. If you ask me I'll say forget about the defence, give the ones we have one more season to make an argument on why they should stay a day longer - minus Jones and Rojo who should be shipped out before next season begins, even if for free.

Raven

This really shows you the reason he was the most expensive teenager of all time when he was bought. Looks like an absolute phenom in those videos. Some of those dribbles and turns were genius.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Feck, Jose spoiled 2 good years of his career. Could have been a great player by now.

Say anything about LVG but he was the one identified him and his ability to play as forward. Credit to Ole for sticking him as 9 and kudos to Woodward for not selling this guy.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This really shows you the reason he was the most expensive teenager of all time when he was bought. Looks like an absolute phenom in those videos. Some of those dribbles and turns were genius.
Yeah. This is a 17-18 year old Martial in that video. This is also reason why I laugh at people on the Caf and the likes of Gary Neville who loves talking about talent but overlook Martial and forget that this is a guy who was the best talent in the world in his age group at a time and was a golden boy winner.

Again that's 17/18 year old Martial in that video, which talent recently at United has shown better football than that. Too bad loads of folks on these boards just aren't aware or simply have had their views and concept in respect to Martial's talent distorted negatively due to Mourinho's years.

Skeezix

My favorite united player since his debut and goal against Pool which settled us and gave us a win in that game.
He scores some crucial goals in big games which shows a strong mentality and what type of a player he is.

Martial and Greenwood are the 2 United players that excite me the most under Ole. You just expect them to create moments of magic or score goals out of nothing when they are near the opponent's box and the ball is at their feet.

Raven

Yeah. This is a 17-18 year old Martial in that video. This is also reason why I laugh at people on the Caf and the likes of Gary Neville who loves talking about talent but overlook Martial and forget that this is a guy who was the best talent in the world in his age group at a time and was a golden boy winner.

Again that's 17/18 year old Martial in that video, which talent recently at United has shown better football than that. Too bad loads of folks on these boards just aren't aware or simply have had their views and concept in respect to Martial's talent distorted negatively due to Mourinho's years.
Yeah, he's a scary talent. Such a shame that 2 years of his development was wasted.

Trex

You seem surprised,we members of the Martial fc sect always knew how good he was,he doesn't have a ballon d'or clause for no reason, it's a shame how Mourinho handled him here,thank God that's over now and he is back on the right track,during his first season here I was worried Madrid would come calling eventually,He obviously loves the club if not we would have left the club already,my favorite united player and our biggest talent alongside Pogba

El Jefe

Poor finishing costs you at the highest level and that's what happened tonight.

Master Yoda

Missed 3 one on ones with the keeper. Our defence was bad, but you got to put those chances away. Martial gets the lowest rating for me.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was the most dangerous of the three, but without the finishing it's all for nothing. Just too many chances to not put at least one away, bad day for Tony and the rest of the forwards today.

mu4c_20le

He did well fighting off the Sevilla CBs on his own up front, but some of the final balls were poor

lsd

The Oracle
Last two games have shown we need a proper number 9 who can score consistently and when we need it most.

Martial is not it

King Eric 7

The endeavour and desire were there, he just had an off day in front of goal. Better to see this type of performance than the one from Rashford.

Raven

He was still excellent for the most part. Could have done with a goal but none of his chances were gimmes.
Last two games have shown we need a proper number 9 who can score consistently and when we need it most.

Martial is not it
Yawn.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Wonderful winger, great second striker, not clinical enough lone striker.

DarkXaero

Deserves a large chunk of the blame tonight. His awful finishing put us in the position to lose.

DannyDee

His close control is unreal. We have no width, so teams are clogging up the middle like crazy. I thought he played well today, but he just couldn't break through. If we buy Sancho or at least a competent RWer, I think Martial and Greenwood rotating at #9 is fine compared to the other issues we have to address.

el3mel

I have never seen him this wasteful ever.

You could blame him previously for literally anything but he was always so clinical. This was a ridiculous one off for him.

It's like nerves got to him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Has to be more clinical otherwise the calls to replace him will be there, he's gone up a level this season but has to go up several more

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was so sure he was going to bend that one on the edge of the box into the top corner, as he's done so often. Just didn't do it tonight.

Art

Art the artist
Martial was meant to have an off game in his great run of form. Shame it came today. Couldnt beat the keeper.

Idxomer

As a striker, he should be judged on the chances he scores or misses. Based on this criteria, that wasn't a good performance from him today.

kundalini

Had more than enough chances to score yet his finishing was way below his usual standard. Lovely pass to Rashford before the foul for the penalty.

Overall, an encouraging season but needs to contribute more when the team is struggling, especially when key attacking players are missing. Link up play has been surprisingly good this season. Also worked hard for the team.

ash_86

Missed quite a few chances today. Should've taken at least one. Strikers are judged by the chances they convert.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He has set higher standards now and this will be judged as poor game from him. I expect way more from him. Hopefully he will have great next season

Status
Not open for further replies.