6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

I realise he still has to be more clinical at times but my god I am getting sick to the back teeth of our british media sticking the knife in and ignoring some of the british players just because it suits their obvious agenda.
Sky gave him a 5.

Rashford a 6.

Nicolarra90

Agüero seems to have managed just fine.
Agüero has 18 headed goals in they PL despite being almost 10 cms shorter. He attacks the ball in the air, while our fwds seem to wait for it to reach them.
Martial needs to work in his aerial threat so he can relieve pressure from Maguire who right now is our only option in set pieces, making them unneffective and easy to clear

Squeaky Bumtime

Whats up with the media and the praising English and underrating foreign players. I'd understand if the foreign players came to the league yesterday but they have been playing for decades and its still either you dont mention them or slate them for the silliest reasons.

Siorac

Agüero has 18 headed goals in they PL despite being almost 10 cms shorter. He attacks the ball in the air, while our fwds seem to wait for it to reach them.
Martial needs to work in his aerial threat so he can relieve pressure from Maguire who right now is our only option in set pieces, making them unneffective and easy to clear
Yes, that's two (2) headed goals per season for Agüero. 10% of his league goals came from headers; for Martial, it's 8%.

There's no rule a centre-forward must be good in the air. With our current style of play, it'd be a nice bonus but that's it. We're not a Mourinho team anymore.

Stacks

He was the only forward who looked alive and dangerous. Caused them nightmares but finishing wasnt there. Unusual for him. Was the best of the front 3 but unfortunately had the winning opportunies and failed to take them. Will be a learning experience. I can see signs of great progress so Martial is good

lex talionis

At his feet taking on a defender Martial is an all-worlder. If he can just raise his finishing, which just wasn't there yesterday, Anthony...not sure how to describe how great he could be.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think its fine that your CF has odd days where he can't put it in the net... it happens to any striker.

They key is to then have someone sat on the bench you can bring on and who could possibly put the ball in the net instead... it's why Fergie always insisted on having about 10 strikers (and 0 midfielders).
I'm starting to think this Fergie fella knows a bit about winning in football.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh anyone who thinks he needs replacing or whatever shouldnt be taken seriously. Guy is brilliant. Defenders all get scared shitless when he has the ball. He had a bad finishing day, but year after year is one of the most clinical players around and always outperforms his xG. He's taken huge strides this year and over the past 2 months has looked world class - consistently. Hope he keeps it up next year.

Djemba-Djemba

He's been absolutely fantastic for most of the season.

Just really annoying that he seemed to completely lose his clinical finishing ability in these last two games, he missed so many great chances.

edcunited1878

LOL!!! Sky gave Martial AND AWB a 5.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11959/12050732/sevilla-vs-man-utd-player-ratings

Anthony Martial - 5

Had the opportunity to be the hero - but ended up the villian after missing a string of opportunities after half-time. Did not learn his lesson against an inspired Bounou and Manchester United paid the ultimate price for it.

Marcus Rashford - 6

Provided a little more quality than his forward team-mate Martial off the left, and was unlucky with one first-half effort, but still was far from at his best.

Wut?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11959/12050732/sevilla-vs-man-utd-player-ratings

Anthony Martial - 5

Had the opportunity to be the hero - but ended up the villian after missing a string of opportunities after half-time. Did not learn his lesson against an inspired Bounou and Manchester United paid the ultimate price for it.

Marcus Rashford - 6

Provided a little more quality than his forward team-mate Martial off the left, and was unlucky with one first-half effort, but still was far from at his best.

Wut?
Rashford deserves 1 if I am being generous. Little more quality than Martial? Did these idiots even watch the same game?

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Anthony Martial - 5

Marcus Rashford - 6

Wut?
:lol:

mattsville

Rashford is English, never gets criticised, even though barring the early part of this season where he did show some progress and variance of goals types, he has been historically as infuriatingly unintelligent and inconsistent as nani, all the tools no brain.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm arguying with a City fan on twitter (yeah i'm bored) and she's trying to convince me that Martial and Rashford are equally bad and that Rashford is far more lethal than Martial. I might need support ^^ (She usually tweets in english if you wonder).

HowYouDoin

Should have had a hat trick again vs Sevilla.
He's improved leaps and bounds this season, something I didnt personally expect from him at age of 24, I wasnt personally high on him at all, thought he was lazy and should be moved but his improvement was remarkable.
However he still misses something in his game. Probably not clinical enough.
If he had Greenwood's finishing we are talking about a top 5 striker in the world.
I wont write him off, already did once and he proved me wrong. Keep it going Anthony!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was let down by Greenwood and Rashford, who I think were the weaker and weakest of the front three respectively. Martial created a lot of his opportunities, fought harder in defense (which is not something many thought he'd do before), but he did come up short in finishing which he is usually good at in the bigger moments. This season has raised the bar on him, and therefore raised the ceiling for what is acceptable criticism. He simply has to do better with those opportunities, especially the ones he creates himself where he struggles to put the finishing touch half the time. If he can sort out his composure after doing most of the hard work, he will get 30 goals a season with no sweat. He is the most capable of creating his own goalscoring chances.

Ridiculous ratings by the way, but not a surprise and a prime example to show when people think it's ridiculous to claim there is a bias against Martial that's not applied in the same way to Rashford.

MattofManchester

He's had a vastly improved season compared to in the past, but I'm still not sure he's best up front.

To me, it still seems like his best, most natural moments come from him coming in off the left side.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was let down by Greenwood and Rashford, who I think were the weaker and weakest of the front three respectively. Martial created a lot of his opportunities, fought harder in defense (which is not something many thought he'd do before), but he did come up short in finishing which he is usually good at in the bigger moments. This season has raised the bar on him, and therefore raised the ceiling for what is acceptable criticism. He simply has to do better with those opportunities, especially the ones he creates himself where he struggles to put the finishing touch half the time. If he can sort out his composure after doing most of the hard work, he will get 30 goals a season with no sweat. He is the most capable of creating his own goalscoring chances.

Ridiculous ratings by the way, but not a surprise and a prime example to show when people think it's ridiculous to claim there is a bias against Martial that's not applied in the same way to Rashford.
He was let down by Rashford n Greenwood because he missed 3 sitters?

Rashford was awful in the game no question but it was Martial's misses that cost us as well as the errors at the back.

Strelok

I'm arguying with a City fan on twitter (yeah i'm bored) and she's trying to convince me that Martial and Rashford are equally bad and that Rashford is far more lethal than Martial. I might need support ^^ (She usually tweets in english if you wonder).

You're surely too bored :lol:

devips

What has Rashford got to do with Martial's incompetence in front of the goal? He was atrocious that night against Sevilla, period.

E-mal

Rashford was awful in the game no question but it was Martial's misses that cost us as well as the errors at the back.
Those chances are not sitters, Sterling's was a sitter.
Having said that, Greenwood and Rashford weren't responsible for Martial's poor finishing. He obviously has alot of work to do on his game period.

E-mal

This current season he is having should be what he should have had after his first season here, alas Mourinho happened.
What I would say is that he is 3years behind his development and hence that killer instinct is not yet there.

I thought he'd struggle against the power and pace of Seville back 2 but he dominated them in duels and movement but failed ultimately at finishing.

I am cautiously optimistic, in fact I am sure he will have a fantastic next season and will slightly come short in certain moments. The point is that he is behind development.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
To be fair which one of the chances do people think he should have scored? He was incredibly unlucky with that volley at the back past as he did everything right. The one on ones were in incredibly tight spaces and the keeper was on him in a flash. I don’t think any of them were more than half chances. Possibly the only chance he should of scored was the lay off in the first half, but I’d hardly say that’s an easy one. I’m not convinced other strikers would have scored in those exact same situations

Morpheus 7

He needs competition, Ighalo is not it. He's had a good season and improved his overall game. Shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every time he plays. A stronger bench and competition will keep him on his toes. Too many are played in to the ground, can't be sulking either if he's subbed. He's at Man United and we historically have had good forwards and options. He's a scorer of great goals, needs to finish in big moments if he wants to be our main man long term. Think if Sancho comes in, Greenwood will fight it out with Martial.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Those chances are not sitters, Sterling's was a sitter.
Having said that, Greenwood and Rashford weren't responsible for Martial's poor finishing. He obviously has alot of work to do on his game period.
2 of them were 1 on 1's and the other was a half volley from 7 yards out with no defender in the way. They were our best chances on the night and he missed them all.

I really like Martial though and he's had a very good season but his finishing against Copenhagen n Sevilla was awful. Let's not try and find excuses and blame others for it. We've scored 2 penalties from the last 23 shots on target we've had. That's not good enough.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

3 'sitters' is a ridiculous assessment of his chances since none of them were. At what point do we actually count the goalkeeper in the equation? I'm really curious which 3 chances you saw that you'd consider sitters, because I'm watching the highlights and not one of them qualifies as such. The only close one would be the pass from Pogba at the edge of the box, but right after the first touch the GK makes a great rush out and blocks the shot, it's just great goalkeeping and not a sitter. That volley was from a tight angle with the keeper well placed so, again, not a sitter. Sterling's miss against Lyon was a sitter, just so you have a reference of what it actually means.

And yes, he was let down because it was pretty much up to him on his own to create danger in the final third, Rashford was awful and looked disinterested, while Greenwood was fairly quiet and couldn't bring much to the game, neither of them made up for their lack of offense by creating danger or space for Martial and others to work into.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
3 'sitters' is a ridiculous assessment of his chances since none of them were. At what point do we actually count the goalkeeper in the equation? I'm really curious which 3 chances you saw that you'd consider sitters, because I'm watching the highlights and not one of them qualifies as such. The only close one would be the pass from Pogba at the edge of the box, but right after the first touch the GK makes a great rush out and blocks the shot, it's just great goalkeeping and not a sitter. That volley was from a tight angle with the keeper well placed so, again, not a sitter. Sterling's miss against Lyon was a sitter, just so you have a reference of what it actually means.

And yes, he was let down because it was pretty much up to him on his own to create danger in the final third, Rashford was awful and looked disinterested, while Greenwood was fairly quiet and couldn't bring much to the game, neither of them made up for their lack of offense by creating danger or space for Martial and others to work into.
He was put through on goal twice. If that had been Rashford I doubt you'd be saying the same things. It's blatant favouritism.

I like Martial and he's had a very good season. The best of the bunch. But the last 2 games he's been simply awful in front of goal. No buts no excuses. Call it fair please.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Martial FC at their job! :lol:
Exactly. Rashford gets the stick but they can't accept it the other way around. Martial has had a very good season no question. Nobody is suggesting he hasn't. The last two games he's been very poor in front of goal. Missed 2 or 3 good chances against Copenhagen too which could have cost us. A penalty in Extra time saved our bacon. And same again with even worse misses versus Sevilla.

Nobody in this squad is above criticism. Nobody.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was put through on goal twice. If that had been Rashford I doubt you'd be saying the same things. It's blatant favouritism.

I like Martial and he's had a very good season. The best of the bunch. But the last 2 games he's been simply awful in front of goal. No buts no excuses. Call it fair please.
I am being fair, I don't even think the chance he put Rashford on through was a sitter, none of them were. I've already said before that this season has raised the expectations on Martial and these last couple of games were not good enough from him, but your argument is they were sitters when they're not. If you want to talk about calling it fair, at least realize your definition of sitter is completely off. I would say the exact same thing if it was any other player. It doesn't mean he is forgiven or that he had a great game, but he was the best of the front three by some distance in spite of the misses.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

If we go by "Sterling chance was sitter, that's the reference" then you should go with same logic "Bebe's performance was awful, that's the reference" so Rashford wasn't awful

Martial had good game btw, it's just that it was unfortunate day for him infront of the goal. He is super efficient but against Sevilla he had his worst day infront of goal. It happens to even best of the players.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If we go by "Sterling chance was sitter, that's the reference" then you should go with same logic "Bebe's performance was awful, that's the reference".

Martial had good game btw, it's just that it was unfortunate day for him infront of the goal. He is super efficient but against Sevilla he had his worst day infront of goal. It happens to even best of the players.
Sorry, the Bebe reference flew over my head.

Other than that, I agree with everything you've said.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we go by "Sterling chance was sitter, that's the reference" then you should go with same logic "Bebe's performance was awful, that's the reference".

And Copenhagen too. He fluffed his lines a few times in that match too.

Martial has had a very good season though and isn't an issue I agree. Just can't stand people making excuses for any player. He played well in the games but the most important bit is putting the ball away and he didn't do it depite getting decent to good chances across both our last 2 games.

Andersons Dietician

Hardly call the chances he had sitters. He should probably have done better with them but by no means were they easy chances. Keeper was on him in a flash. Surprised he didn’t lift one of the chances over the keeper, it’s totally in his wheel house to do it.

That pass to set up Rashford by the way :drool:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sorry, the Bebe reference flew over my head.

Other than that, I agree with everything you've said.
Yeah it was my mistake. I didnt complete the post.

I meant " If we go by "Sterling chance was sitter, that's the reference" then you should go with same logic "Bebe's performance was awful, that's the reference" so Rashford wasn't awful "

One v one with keeper is always a sitter, tbh I expected Martial to score with all 3 chances. Like I said, shit happens, on any other day he would have scored at least 2. He had very good season and so much to look forward to for next season with settled team, Pogba, Bruno playing from the start of the season and also added threat from RW.

I hope he will score 20 goals in league alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.