6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

Feel a bit sorry for him. He would have made a big difference in these games he missed. I also think if we had played him up front from day 1, no faffing about, we would be looking at one of the best strikers in the league. We want to play youth but when it comes to trusting players like Martial we can't seem to do it and have left him far behind in his development.

I just hope we get some proper coaches in, a good backup too. I would trust him up front next year, we need quality players on the wings to help him out though. If we assume James will be good next year then another player would be great.

Sir Scott McToMinay

You want that so you can carry on moaning weekly about how shit our squad is and all that bla.

Seems to me like some of you just don't know what you want and are just itching for a moan. These boards has spend days/months complaining about average players and want them replaced with quality yet here you are now moaning about something else and wanting the squad to fill in more average/"hardworking horses" just because you think they're gonna stay fit and magically nevery get injured.

Also learn about injuries. Martial isn't a Jones or Bale's case to be labeling him a crook. He did his hamstring so he's out for a couple of months, it's quite unfortunate but these things happen. Get over it.
Just because he isn’t a “Jones”, doesn’t mean he can’t be labeled as injury-prone for lack of a better word.
I’m also not convinced he is someone who can be counted on, or someone we can keep around for ever on mega contracts, hoping that one day his “talent” will turn into the consistency we want and need from a Manchester United attacker star.

Also, his bottom level is ridiculously low, when he’s poor it’s literally like having 10 players, like back-from-the-injury-past-it-Rooney levels bad.

I rate some aspect of his game, and he is clearly talented, but based on what I’ve seen during the last 4 years, I wouldn’t be building my attack around this fella if this was my team.

Greck

Pretty sure this is why Smalling then played vs Chelsea with a broken foot and we lost 4-0 and he was out for ages after. Jose is a prick when it comes to injuries and possibly part of it is due to not really being an athlete himself and experiencing them. I recall JT saying Mourinho doesn't speak to you or acknowledge your existence if you're injured.
So much this. Irrationally attacking players for not playing through the pain barrier he himself has never experienced. Someone tell him this isn't Rocky or bravehearts. These players have a right to protect their careers.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
For the life of me I can't see where Martial was injured. I watched the Palace game twice more to see if I could have some idea. nada, zero, zilch. He was fine all through the game then he passed the ball for James to score his screamer went to celebrate and when Palace restarted from the kick off Martial was out on the wing not moving. He was then basically stationary until the end of the game. (about 5 or 6 minutes)

If you watch the replay, when he passed the ball to James he was very light on his feet so he wasn't injured before and a player has to be very very unlucky to get a major muscle tear celebrating a goal. The club aren't helping matters either. If it's a serious injury they know pretty quickly and everyone is informed but all these weekly updates smell of BS.
Why are you making stuff up for? Sensing the ridicule coming, the club must have lied about the true extent of his injury. It's obviously much more severe than they are letting on. It's been 7 weeks now and we still haven't had a proper update about the severity of his injury or when he will be back.

As for his injury, we were told he got a groin injury. This looks like the cause of it. He landed pretty nastily here.

A quick google search will tell you that a severe groin strain can take 6 weeks or longer to heal.

Last edited:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
[
Why are you making stuff up for? Sensing the ridicule coming, the club must have lied about the true extent of his injury. It's obviously much more severe than they are letting on. It's been 7 weeks now and we still haven't had a proper update about the severity of his injury or when he will be back.

As for his injury, we were told he got a groin injury. This looks like the cause of it. He landed pretty nastily here.

A quick google search will tell you that a severe groin strain can take 6 weeks or longer to heal.
What exactly am I making up? That was in the 57th minute and within a few minutes he was up running around again. He passed the ball for Jamess goal if I remember correctly around the 85th minute. He's not playing a half hour with a groin strain even if it was getting gradually worse. I'd be grateful if you could post a clip of him passing to James in the 85th minute. Watch how light on his feet he is. There's no way he's carrying an injury there.

Even Ole said after the game that Martial couldn't be brought off because he had no more subs. I think Oles last sub came on aroung the 80th minute so the injury? happened sometime after.

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

LoneStar

The way he was strutting around pissed me off. Don't bring him on if he's half fit.

The reason they were struggling was because we kept pressing from front. Since he came on, they had little pressure on the ball.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The match day thead is an utter comedy show. Some lots over there blaming Martial for the goal :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The way he was strutting around pissed me off. Don't bring him on if he's half fit.

The reason they were struggling was because we kept pressing from front. Since he came on, they had little pressure on the ball.
This is the sort of nonsense that were being spouted in the matchday thread. The level of absurdity in this post is ridiculous.

At no point did Liverpool struggle in the second half. The had completely pined us back and trying to blame Martial for anything let alone our tempo or Liverpool is crazy.

Really don’t know why he was subbed on.
Let me guess, you're also blaming him for the goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will be good to have him back finally, rashford is far better on the left as an inside forward (and Martial better as the 9), James can do his thing on the right and we'll actually have a more complete threat IMO. Nothing amazing, but itll be more watchable.

Understandable sub today, but didnt really get the chance to do anything.

Walters_19_MuFc

I said the same. You had James and Rashford running their socks off all game then Martial comes on for a little jog, but that's Martial. I dont think he's going to change.

Wasn't really an ideal game to bring him on to but we have no other options.

Lingard, who is injured, would have been more suited.

Jericho

We would have been better off with a knackered rashford up top to ease the pressure in those final minutes.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People actually pushing this jog nonsense to complain. Some of you are simply restless after all.

Canagel

The match day thead is an utter comedy show. Some lots over there blaming Martial for the goal :lol:
It's truly laughable. :lol: we must have been under the cosh for at least 25 minutes before he came on. The outcome would have been no different if he had stayed on the bench too. And since when is a sub judged on 10 minutes that we never saw the ball? :lol:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should have put more effort in to press the ball.
He wasn't at fault for the goal, that's daft.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Daft to bring him on.

Wasn't up to pace with the game at all. Rashford was still putting pressure on their defence and as soon as he came on that ended.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's really amusing, I knew even before he came on and seeing how Liverpool were already dominating there'd be some geniuses who'd start blaming him right away. They never disappoint in that regard. :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's really amusing, I knew even before he came on and seeing how Liverpool were already dominating there'd be some geniuses who'd start blaming him right away. They never disappoint in that regard. :lol:
Don’t you expect a bit more from a 250k/wk player??

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Daft to bring him on.

Wasn't up to pace with the game at all. Rashford was still putting pressure on their defence and as soon as he came on that ended.
Jesus Christ, the flow of the game saw no change with or without Martial or Rashford. Martial came in when we were already being pinned back and no getting any sniff of the ball and it carried on with him on the pitch.

The pressure argument some of you are trying to dig is utter nonsense because at no point in the second half were Liverpool put under any pressure by us. Rashford puffed and huffed which is admirable but unfortunately that didn't affect Liverpool rythm nor the pressure they were putting us through.

I'll repeat again for those trying to lie to themselves. Martial came in a game that was a 1 way traffic and it continued so. Liverpool were threatening far before Rashford was subbed and they continued so far after he was subbed.

Don’t you expect a bit more from a 250k/wk player??
Give it a rest.

Just be patient he'll play games were we'll lose and you'll still have your chance to push your agenda. For now just chill as to not give yourself away.

OldTrevil

Very happy to ignore such cretins, and amusing to see you guys responding to "nothing" :)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's like a disease with some people.

UnitedFan93

It's an attitude problem. He struts around when he's fully fit.

We can't be having passengers in this team and his work rate has been questionable for years.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He actually a real moment of quality, chest control and a pass to James on the left. Crazy to expect more from a guy who hasn't played in a while, you cannot expect him to press like a mad man since he just got back

Posh Red

It's an attitude problem. He struts around when he's fully fit.

We can't be having passengers in this team and his work rate has been questionable for years.
Can someone tell me exactly what we mean by strutting, just so I know and can get really angry when it happens next? I thought it meant walking around with a sense of entitlement but I think I’ve got it wrong.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He didn't really do anything wrong, but I think we'd have been better bringing on Greenwood if Rashford really had to come off. Greenwood would have chased the defenders down, as we know that's just not Martial's game, but someone needed to be doing that for the last 10 minutes.

Glad he's back in the picture though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He actually a real moment of quality, chest control and a pass to James on the left. Crazy to expect more from a guy who hasn't played in a while, you cannot expect him to press like a mad man since he just got back
Yeah, that was nice. Initially, I didn't think the pass would reach James so I was impressed he found him.

IRELANDUNITED

He usually is awful, no change today.
You're judging him and calling him awful after he played 6 minutes today and at a time where Liverpool were completely on top and it was practically impossible for him to make an impact on the game? Strange that.

Pablo76

Before he got injured he was the best player. Scored, assisted, got penalties, didnt get penalties when he should have... but sure he is usually awfull :houllier:
If you say so.

Looks and acts disinterested mostly, refuses to get involved in play unless forced to with a pass, obviously doesn’t want the ball, hangs out on the touch line trying to be invisible, poor decision making, rarely dribbles or tries to take on a player anymore, woeful shooting and hangs his head and walks around whenever he loses the ball.

Awful player.

Based Adnan

Baffling some of the comments here. He came on as lone striker and was absolutely miles away from the closest teammate to him from midfield. Really wasn't much he could do off the ball as he was having to solo press a back 4. All he could do was wait for the ball to come to him. Not sure what people were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.