6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He was probably the third best player after Pereira and Jones in that second half. As usual very composed with the ball, showed moments where he looked light on his feet following the groin surgery and took his penalty well.

Comparing him with Rashford is so illogical when you consider the two teams put out. Rashford had Pogba and Mata behind him with runners like AWB, Greenwood and James on the flanks while Martial played upfront in a formation with little to no width ahead of Lingard who produced one of the worst pre season performances I've ever seen. Some simple critical thinking does wonders.
No he was not. Both Gomes and Chong were better than Martial. I don;t think he was bad like Lingard but as a Martial fan I expect more from him. Maybe you are right, he would have been better if he had rashford, James AWB and Pogba.

Raven

No he was not. Both Gomes and Chong were better than Martial. I don;t think he was bad like Lingard but as a Martial fan I expect more from him. Maybe you are right, he would have been better if he had rashford, James AWB and Pogba.
Whilst his comment was wrong. Martial wasn't great. I'm not really sure why people thought Chong was any good. Gomes and Perreira were clearly better than him, but the rest were only really as good as him.

Quinzaine

Gomes arguable but other than Chong's involvement (which was very good) for the Martial penalty I found him to be sloppy and very shoddy in possession.

RedCurry

Look guys, it is a pre-season game. I'll fully agree with the criticism if he's still putting in low effort performances in September.

AshRK

There can't be many of you left surely? how much time does a player need?
Like I said he must improve or this could be his last season. The only reason people are not going over critical is because we have other far worse players in Lingard/Mata who should not be starting. I may be in minority but I still have some hope from him.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Like I said he must improve or this could be his last season. The only reason people are not going over critical is because we have other far worse players in Lingard/Mata who should not be starting. I may be in minority but I still have some hope from him.
hey dude, I'm full of hope for him, he could be a beast. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst :lol:

Ace of Spades

He was okay, not poor at all. But you want more than okay, if he wants to seal his place in the team.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have to say that was one of the worst things that happened to him. Hate that stupid Martial FC crap.
It’s quite ridiculous how this nonsense divides a fan base. Then again, the entire thread has become ridiculous.

Thank god we have quality posters like @pocco reminding us if the incredible quality of posting in here. :lol:

Art Vandelay

Where's Martial FC at these days?
They are in a meeting drawing up imaginary scenarios where he's brilliant or it's not his fault. It was Mourinho's fault, he's a striker, we aren't a possession team he'd be great for a different team, he's a left winger, he's a 9.5, he's a 10, he needs to play in a strike partnership, if his aunt had balls she'd be his uncle, etc.

Andersons Dietician

Tell you what he needs to get a hold of Lingard and slap the fool. The amount of poor passes or just not playing the pass for the good run is ridiculous. I think it was the 74th minute and Martial has made a nice move and double shifted the defender peeled in to space and all Lingard needs to do is play a simple straight pass.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Tell you what he needs to get a hold of Lingard and slap the fool. The amount of poor passes or just not playing the pass for the good run is ridiculous. I think it was the 74th minute and Martial has made a nice move and double shifted the defender peeled in to space and all Lingard needs to do is play a simple straight pass.
Saw that, terrible from Lingard

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It’s quite ridiculous how this nonsense divides a fan base. Then again, the entire thread has become ridiculous.

Thank god we have quality posters like @pocco reminding us if the incredible quality of posting in here. :lol:
:lol: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (probably, I don't consider myself a quality poster as I mostly get tied up in tedious arguments like this), but 'Martial FC' were incredibly frustrating to listen to. They claimed to want the best for the guy but failed to realize that their over enthusiastic praise for the guy was probably detrimental to him. I think everybody at some stage knew he had incredible ability but some knew he needed a reality check, whilst they blew smoke up his backside every time he did a stepover.

Cassidy

Martial is worrying, 2 preseason games and he doesn't look great at all

Andersons Dietician

:lol: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (probably, I don't consider myself a quality poster as I mostly get tied up in tedious arguments like this), but 'Martial FC' were incredibly frustrating to listen to. They claimed to want the best for the guy but failed to realize that their over enthusiastic praise for the guy was probably detrimental to him. I think everybody at some stage knew he had incredible ability but some knew he needed a reality check, whilst they blew smoke up his backside every time he did a stepover.
Are you suggesting that Martial comes on and reads our musings on the CAF?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He was probably the third best player after Pereira and Jones in that second half. As usual very composed with the ball, showed moments where he looked light on his feet following the groin surgery and took his penalty well.

Comparing him with Rashford is so illogical when you consider the two teams put out. Rashford had Pogba and Mata behind him with runners like AWB, Greenwood and James on the flanks while Martial played upfront in a formation with little to no width ahead of Lingard who produced one of the worst pre season performances I've ever seen. Some simple critical thinking does wonders.
No he really wasn't. What half did you watch?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was fine, but frustrating as he often is.
We know he can do better than that, he needs to up his game more consistently, especially with Greenwood, Gomes and James hopefully getting into the team.

KM

Same question as he was easily one of our best performers on the pitch but again that’s not saying much.
He really wasn't. Chong, Gomes, Andreas were far better than him. Easily one of our best performers :lol:

Art Vandelay

Martial is worrying, 2 preseason games and he doesn't look great at all
While I generally find him worrying I wouldn't be too bothered after 2 pre-season matches, some players just need a few games under their belt to get going. You'd think he'd be chomping at the bit, but I wouldn't be too worried until we're near the end of pre-season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Where's Martial FC at these days?
We don't watch friendly games:).
But seriously, i still have faith that he will become our main attacking player. My opinion is that it is easier to fix your attitude than your skill.

haram

We don't watch friendly games:).
But seriously, i still have faith that he will become our main attacking player. My opinion is that it is easier to fix your attitude than your skill.
Maybe people should realise that he also lacks certain 'skills'.

Andersons Dietician

He really wasn't. Chong, Gomes, Andreas were far better than him. Easily one of our best performers :lol:
Andreas and Gomes yes but wouldn’t have picked Chong as being better. He had a lot of nearly moments but that was it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Same question as he was easily one of our best performers on the pitch but again that’s not saying much.
That is just wrong. Love Martial but he didn't do what he was supposed to. He should be more tidy and release the ball, he didn't look right.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Needs to play as a striker for at least 10 games.

Andersons Dietician

That is just wrong. Love Martial but he didn't do what he was supposed to. He should be more tidy and release the ball, he didn't look right.
I’m by no means saying he was perfect but given who was out in that 2nd half he was easily one of the better performers held the ball well, brought others in made lots of runs and got in to space which was ignored.

luke511

Where's his zippiness with the ball at his feet gone? I wonder if it's a fitness thing.

KM

I’m by no means saying he was perfect but given who was out in that 2nd half he was easily one of the better performers held the ball well, brought others in made lots of runs and got in to space which was ignored.
It's certainly becoming a meme now that Martial is never to be blamed for his average performances by some of his fanbase in this thread. Now that he's playing as a striker, it's suddenly those who are behind which are the problem.

Cassidy

While I generally find him worrying I wouldn't be too bothered after 2 pre-season matches, some players just need a few games under their belt to get going. You'd think he'd be chomping at the bit, but I wouldn't be too worried until we're near the end of pre-season.
Given that how he looked last season under Ole I am certainly worried

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He did some good things but him and Lingard did a lot of the same simple mistakes that was in our team last season. Everyone seems to have kicked on and taken to the new playing style, but those two struggled the most I thought. I expect both of those to improve this season, this was just disappointing and a lot of other players that second half did the system more justice than those two.

Andersons Dietician

It's certainly becoming a meme now that Martial is never to be blamed for his average performances by some of his fanbase in this thread. Now that he's playing as a striker, it's suddenly those who are behind which are the problem.
Watch the last 2 games and how many times he has peeled in to space and all it required was for Lingard to release an easy pass that my Nan could play and Martial is clean through. No need to manufacture excuses when watching the game provides all the evidence anyone needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.