6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Hope he is not injured long-term. Any news? He did so well against CP.

Gasolin

How bad is it for Martial? It seems serious, we are going to lack depth all of sudden...

Swiss_Red89

If he’s injured for a longer time we’re in big trouble.
And that’s exactly the reason i hope we’ll keep Alexis. Injuries can happen every day, we’ll need someone experienced
like Alexis during the season.

Imagine Martial is injured for 3-4 weeks and Rashford comes back injured as well from international duty…We would all be glad to see Alexis enter the pitch.

KennyBurner

When martial resumes training I want to see him take more responsibility at the club. He is almost 24 and needs to start taking command of penalties and free kicks. He should be our designated penalty taker and should once in a while try and take short free kicks. I think in his time here I’ve seen him take one free kick and it looked good.

Him being reserved and quiet by nature is not advantageous for how big a role he plays for United. I wish he was more of a leader like zlatan. Him and pogba need to do more in the leadership role. They are our best players by a wide margin and need to act like it.

Woodenlung

If he’s injured for a longer time we’re in big trouble.
And that’s exactly the reason i hope we’ll keep Alexis. Injuries can happen every day, we’ll need someone experienced
like Alexis during the season.

Imagine Martial is injured for 3-4 weeks and Rashford comes back injured as well from international duty…We would all be glad to see Alexis enter the pitch.
No, we wouldn't.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His hold up play is excellent. Giggs said the other day that he is very strong.

Ban

When martial resumes training I want to see him take more responsibility at the club. He is almost 24 and needs to start taking command of penalties and free kicks. He should be our designated penalty taker and should once in a while try and take short free kicks. I think in his time here I’ve seen him take one free kick and it looked good.

Him being reserved and quiet by nature is not advantageous for how big a role he plays for United. I wish he was more of a leader like zlatan. Him and pogba need to do more in the leadership role. They are our best players by a wide margin and need to act like it.
Sometimes your best players are not leaders in the same time. It's not a given at all.

MetoTTT

Or Modrić, brilliant player but a shy and introvert person. Having him as a NT captain is a strange one.
So what? Zidane was France NT team captain and was introvert too. But there were a lot of leaders on the pitch.
PS: Messi is captain too.

Ban

So what? Zidane was France NT team captain and was introvert too. But there were a lot of leaders on the pitch.
Nothing, he's just not a captain material. Same as Zidane and Messi.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Zidane was the main leader in and off the pitch.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Been really impressed and pleased with Martial so far but there are still elements he and Rashford need to work on position wise and,fundamentally, being more instinctive in the penalty box,though granted the later would obviously have been helped with better quality in the box in the last game.

We'll be buggered if he's out for some time.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No I don't think so, other than he has had a scan. Probably won't hear until friday's press conference.
Don't know how accurate this is but someone mentioned on twitter that he was pictured driving to training.

K13

The guardian were running that yesterday as they were suggesting Sanchez's move might be off because of Martial's injury.

As far as I am aware there is no official announcement as yet from the Club and no update from the authentic news sites - sky or bbc.

luke511

The guardian were running that yesterday as they were suggesting Sanchez's move might be off because of Martial's injury.

As far as I am aware there is no official announcement as yet from the Club and no update from the authentic news sites - sky or bbc.
Yeah they've probably pulled that from the same article.

ash_86

If Martial makes it that would be fantastic. Hoping my news is bogus.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any news on his availability for the weekend?
I'd suspect any muscle injury will be given at least 1 weeks rest. Especially with the international break coming up, not sure there's much point risking it.

Rashford can play striker with james left and Mata/Lingard/Pereira right.

K13

I'd suspect any muscle injury will be given at least 1 weeks rest. Especially with the international break coming up, not sure there's much point risking it.

Rashford can play striker with james left and Mata/Lingard/Pereira right.
Or hopefully a bit of cramp which can clear up within a couple of days.

Agree that it would be unwise to risk him.

Adam-Utd

Or hopefully a bit of cramp which can clear up within a couple of days.

Agree that it would be unwise to risk him.
they've said it's a thigh strain I believe? hopefully it was just precautionary but he stopped running for the last 5 mins of the match and just went and stood on the right wing out of the way.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
they've said it's a thigh strain I believe? hopefully it was just precautionary but he stopped running for the last 5 mins of the match and just went and stood on the right wing out of the way.
I don't think it's anything serious. If it were they would have announced it like Shaw's by now. I think he just had a tight muscle and probably shook it off by now.

K13

Yes you are absolutely right they did ...but you can get small strains from cramp/dehydration which would be a couple of days to rest and hydrate. So fingers crossed it is just this rather than a 1-3 muscle graded tear.

Adam-Utd

I don't think it's anything serious. If it were they would have announced it like Shaw's by now. I think he just had a tight muscle and probably shook it off by now.
Yes you are absolutely right they did ...but you can get small strains from cramp/dehydration which would be a couple of days to rest and hydrate. So fingers crossed it is just this rather than a 1-3 muscle graded tear.
Fair enough, let's hope so guys! I've been really pleased with him so far and I would hate for his good form to be ruined by injury again.

Plus I imagine we'll be wearing our black 3rd kit against the Saints :drool:

K13

Fair enough, let's hope so guys! I've been really pleased with him so far and I would hate for his good form to be ruined by injury again.

Plus I imagine we'll be wearing our black 3rd kit against the Saints :drool:
Well as long as we don't wear 'grey' :lol:

K13

Apologies if you know this ..

In 1996 the team changed from their grey kit at half time against Southampton because we were 3:0 down and Fergie was going balistic because he thought the players could not see each other. We still lost 3:1 though.

This was the year when Newcastle had a run away lead so having gained alot of ground on them it was getting quite fraught!!

Status
Not open for further replies.