Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apologies if you know this ..

In 1996 the team changed from their grey kit at half time against Southampton because we were 3:0 down and Fergie was going balistic because he thought the players could not see each other. We still lost 3:1 though.

This was the year when Newcastle had a run away lead so having gained alot of ground on them it was getting quite fraught!!
Of course! hence the nervous face :) Could you imagine the reaction on redcafe in this modern day? They'd be screaming sack fergie at HT.

K13

Of course! hence the nervous face :) Could you imagine the reaction on redcafe in this modern day? They'd be screaming sack fergie at HT.
Sorry about that. I got my emojis muddled up - I thought it was a confused face.

It doesn't bear thinking about it so if Saturday does not go to plan I think I will avoid for a few days. :)

I already steer well clear of the match day thread.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sorry about that. I got my emojis muddled up - I thought it was a confused face.

It doesn't bear thinking about it so if Saturday does not go to plan I think I will avoid for a few days. :)

I already steer well clear of the match day thread.
Wise man, it's a bloodbath. :lol:

Irwin99

Well as long as we don't wear 'grey' :lol:
I had that kit as a kid. It was ....well, different. The blue and white one second away kit for that season was pretty unusual too.

Hope he's back after the international break.

dablem_10

Is it just me or you also got noticed that all his injuries are muscle types in legs when getting to form? I love tony's style but hopefully he doesnt turn to another shaw

K13

I had that kit as a kid. It was ....well, different. The blue and white one second away kit for that season was pretty unusual too.

It is amazing when you think how many kits there are per season. How did you end up with the grey kit?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So irritating. He seems to get injured a lot of and tends not to return from it well.

Art Vandelay

I still have both. Blue and white with Hughes 10 on the back and grey with Cantona 7 on the back. I'm keeping the grey for any sort of end of the world scenario, I can wear it to camoflage into anything. It still fits too.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Glad there's an international break coming up. We need Martial a lot. He was on fire last weekend.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood to claim their first EPL starts?
Surely Young will play instead of Shaw, Greenwood might be in with a shout though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Geeenwood will almost certainly start.
I'd like to think so but I still can't get that pessimistic voice in my head telling me we're gonna put Lingard there and Mata as CAM :nervous:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd like to think so but I still can't get that pessimistic voice in my head telling me we're gonna put Lingard there and Mata as CAM :nervous:
If he’s not going to play there is no point in this whole exercise. He’s next in line, that is clear. Jesse will be lucky to make the XI.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If he’s not going to play there is no point in this whole exercise. He’s next in line, that is clear. Jesse will be lucky to make the XI.
This. Ole has gone on about Not replacing Lukaku because we have Greenwood. Now with Martial injured, if he can't play him now then I don't know what his words meant.

Stadjer

Really missed him today. He is a way better CF than Rashford. If Rashford doesnt improve and James keep playing like he did today the line up should be James - Martial - new RW (not JLingz/Pereira)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Predicted it before the game but we're going to struggle any time he is unavailable this season.

Canagel

I was just checking up his goals record in PL compared to Firmino (both players arrrived at same time). There's barely nothing in it.

Firmino: 50 in 141
Martial: 36 in 116

Very underrated considering he played on the left for nearly the whole time and under defensive managers.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
I was just checking up his goals record in PL compared to Firmino (both players arrrived at same time). There's barely nothing in it.

Very underrated considering he played on the left for nearly the whole time and under defensive managers.
Yea, but as Anthony had lightning start for us under LVG, a lot expected him to be the 30 goals per season guy right off the bat.. Firmino took his took his time to fit into Klopp's system and has been known quality now past 2.5 seasons.

Football fans hardly can be objective in those matters.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Martial has played 3000 mins less, that's as good as 1 complete season.

romufc

Martial has played 3000 mins less, that's as good as 1 complete season.
The funny thing is, I have seen so many posts where fans who comparing a 23/24 yr old to a 26/27 year old who is in his prime saying none of our players would ever get into any of top 6 team.

Damien

Staff

With Mane and Salah added. Salah's mins/goal is amazing but Mane's shots on target/goal is very impressive. The three Liverpool players all a few years older and in their prime.

Bwuk

With Mane and Salah added. Salah's mins/goal is amazing but Mane's shots on target/goal is very impressive. The three Liverpool players all a few years older and in their prime.
I actually think Martial is probably technically as good as the Liverpool front 3, but he lacks their desire to make things happen.

Damien

Staff
I actually think Martial is probably technically as good as the Liverpool front 3, but he lacks their desire to make things happen.
Yeah, if he had their desire he would be a beast. He has started this season well though so hopefully the number 9 shirt has reignited something in him. Will see what he's like when he returns, as amol said he tends not to return from injuries well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Rashford , with right coaching can be a better player than Mane in couple of years. A proper right winger/forward would really take our attack to next level.

snowkarl

Firmino is a completely different player who provides 10 Times more to the build up which makes it a useless comparison

It would be like comparing Carrick to Mata and concluding Mata has been better for us because he has more assists and goals even though they had nowhere near the same roles despite being midfielders.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Firminho has almost twice assists as Martial in PL.

Firminho's stats in CL is impressive. 25 games, 14 goals and 9 assists.
Martial is 22 games, 4 goals and 2 assists.

haram

Martial needs to perform in a central position for at least a season before comparing him to Firmino.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Not sure why are you comparing both players. Firmino isn’t exactly the goal scorer. He likes to drop deep to provide his two wingers more space, create chances, & involve in the build up. They call it false 9. Martial is more of a goal scorer. You need to find a better & fair comparison.

Skills

Snitch
Not sure why are you comparing both players. Firmino isn’t exactly the goal scorer. He likes to drop deep to provide his two wingers more space, create chances, & involve in the build up. They call it false 9. Martial is more of a goal scorer. You need to find a better & fair comparison.
Or a left back when played under Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.