6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

Ultimately, he is not good enough if the aspiration is to be a top team.
He just lacks desire and I think his talent is good, nothing extraordinary.
FYI, am one of his biggest fan

flappyjay

Intensity was low but a half decent 10 would have put him through 2/3 times

Andersons Dietician

Started well then just got no service after that. Pressed well through out the game and made decent runs but just never got the ball played to him. Same for Rashford really. Both made plenty of good movements and didn’t get the service.

Raven

I see the morons are our in force again. Linked up play fairly well early on but was absolutely starved of any kind of service due to Pereira and McTominay having terrible games.

el3mel

Lad is a good player, but definitely overrated here and said that multiple times previously. He blows hot and cold so much which is annoying.

AneRu

The front 3 was completely shut out of the game due to a terrible midfield performance even though I felt that he could have been more energetic in his play. Ake had his number today.

A-man

If someone had told me he was subbed at half time I would have believed it. But I wouldn’t be sure if he was taken off or on the pitch.

The Original

Saw from his body language that he really wasn't impressed with the quality of passing he was getting. Each one of McTominay, Perreira, James, AWB coukd have played him through but didn't get the pass right.

lex talionis

I was disappointed in Anthony's performance today. Playing conditions were terrible and service was poor, but a top striker has to be able to make something out of nothing. His ability is fantastic but his mentality is poor. The sulking has to end and he has to take more responsibility, even it means being selfish with the ball in taking on defenders when nothing is there and running into spaces when the likelihood of a pass into those spaces is low. Chase down defenders. Initiate body contact. Bark at teammates. Bitch at refs. Stop performing like it's a training session. Show that the outcome of matches matters. Show that you care.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:nervous:
I see the morons are our in force again. Linked up play fairly well early on but was absolutely starved of any kind of service due to Pereira and McTominay having terrible games.
Plus, after his bright start, Bournemouth realized they’d just have to shut down him, Rashford and James because our midfielders lack the danger to punish them much. Thus, there wasn’t much space.

He also kept attempting to press, but not much came from it.

The morons are definitely out in full force, wanting him to create something out of nothing or complaining about his body language. :lol:

Look at the body language of guys like Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic with this kind of service and constantly having multiple defenders around them.

Raven

Plus, after his bright start, Bournemouth realized they’d just have to shut down him, Rashford and James because our midfielders lack the danger to punish them much. Thus, there wasn’t much space.

The morons are definitely out in full force, wanting him to create something out of nothing or complaining about his body language. :lol:

Look at the body language of guys like Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic with this kind of service and constantly having multiple defenders around them.
Exactly, we'd all love to see him skin 3 players and bang it in all on his own, but those goals only come along a couple of times in people's careers.

pascell

He is a top talent not a top player. Unsure he'll ever be one
He needs to add some aggression and tenacity in his place to become a top player for me. When we come up against opposition defenders, they know they just need to ruffle up Martial and Rashford and their heads drop, they both need to grit their teeth and give them a battle.

freeurmind

weak willed
How is the midfield expected to get service to someone who is constantly offside?

Roberto420

If someone had told me he was subbed at half time I would have believed it. But I wouldn’t be sure if he was taken off or on the pitch.
Was watching the game with my old man and he thought Lingard came on for him midway through the 2nd half.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can anybody seriously see him realising his talent at this club? I just can't see it myself. He's been here for a few years now, and i know they've been turbulent one's and that's the only excuse he has, but you lose hope in him sometimes.

I know how good the guy can be, that's what makes it so frustrating.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Difference between Martial and players like Ronaldo, Ibra, Kane Aguero is if they don't get the service they drop deeper to make things happen. If the ball isn't played to his feet Martial doesn't want to know and as for his pressing it's laughable just to suggest he's even trying. How many times is he caught offside? One of the laziest players I've ever seen wearing a United shirt. Certainly one of the most overhyped.

Stretfordender

Yes he’s talented, but he hasn’t got the heart, desire or determination for the fight. Never look interested to me. Remember he’s been at the club since 2015 and in the time he’s done nothing. Not good enough for united - out!

Canagel

Saw from his body language that he really wasn't impressed with the quality of passing he was getting. Each one of McTominay, Perreira, James, AWB coukd have played him through but didn't get the pass right.
Yeah he was on the shoulder of the defence pretty much the whole match waiting for the killer pass but none of the players in behind have the passing ability and precision to set him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I always enjoy how silent they are and then as soon as they get an opportunity, they come out like bats out of hell with their hyperbole and vitriol towards one of their own players who happens to be one of their most important one. I can just see them seething in silence whenever he gets praised here so they go overboard as soon as he's having a bad game to make up for it. Some 'fans' of the team right there.

That being said, he was poor. It's a shame that there isn't really a player on this team, outside of the odd De Gea masterclass, that can break out of the funk if the team is playing badly and dragging this side to a win. If the midfield is playing poorly, the guys up front won't drag them to a win and vice-versa. There just aren't any real winners on this team yet that can break the tendency of the team.

Sterling Archer

He wasn't just starved by the two of them. It's the whole team. It's set up for the likes of Shane Long or some other brainless pace merchant to chase balls.

AneRu

Difference between Martial and players like Ronaldo, Ibra, Kane Aguero is if they don't get the service they drop deeper to make things happen. If the ball isn't played to his feet Martial doesn't want to know and as for his pressing it's laughable just to suggest he's even trying. How many times is he caught offside? One of the laziest players I've ever seen wearing a United shirt. Certainly one of the most overhyped.
There was a good ball that Young played towards him that he allowed Ake to just take with ease whereas someone like Suarez, Drogba or even Rooney would have busted a guy to get to and make something out of it. I like him as a player but today convinced me that we won't get far with him as our first choice striker, he isn't hungry enough to make thing happen when things arent going his way.

lumeyes

No real impact today but service was also poor.
Was poor but you could see his impact in the first 20 mins or so. His intelligent play set off James on his way to making the cross which Pereira messed up.

Like all our players overhyped as soon as they do anything remotely good

God awful and so bad that a bang average defender like Ake barely broke sweat all game
No he is not overhyped. Yes he shouldn't let a defender like Ake dominate him, even though he was starved of good service. There is a reason the club didn't let him go when Jose wanted it, to avoid a repeat of the KDB and Salah saga. Pluck him out and throw him into Man City and you'll know there is no hype around him.

Wade3

Martial did drop deep multiple times. What is he supposed to do, dribble through multiple players and create something out of his ass?

So him being offside a couple of times is laziness now? It’s really getting ridiculous. :lol:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Martial did drop deep multiple times. What is he supposed to do, dribble through multiple players and create something out of his ass?

So him being offside a couple of times is laziness now? It’s really getting ridiculous. :lol:
I think the issue i have with him is his movement is so poor, he doesnt look lively and by coming towards the ball he closes off the space and rarely looks to run in behind the defence.

We need a lot more from him as our main striker.

WR10

Does he have shin splints? He runs around with cinder blocks in games he doesn’t do well in

Andersons Dietician

I think the issue i have with him is his movement is so poor, he doesnt look lively and by coming towards the ball he closes off the space and rarely looks to run in behind the defence.

We need a lot more from him as our main striker.
What? He tried to run in behind lots today and the ball just never got played. When he came deep as well he happened to open up the space for some of our most dangerous moments. Like when he turned the ball round the corner to James.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
What? He tried to run in behind lots today and the ball just never got played. When he came deep as well he happened to open up the space for some of our most dangerous moments. Like when he turned the ball round the corner to James.
Mate some people in this forum have an agenda against some players. Just look at the post match thread.

el3mel

Can anybody seriously see him realising his talent at this club? I just can't see it myself. He's been here for a few years now, and i know they've been turbulent one's and that's the only excuse he has, but you lose hope in him sometimes.

I know how good the guy can be, that's what makes it so frustrating.
That's the best we will get from him. Blowing hot and cold, having a great game followed by a stinker. It's shame that supposedly our 2 best players (Pogba and Martial) are extremely inconsistent and have as many stinkers as great games.

He is a good player that I will like to have as a squad option in the team but people here overrate him way too much, probably because of the other shite show we have in comparison. Moving forward or whenever we finally have a good team with a good manager, we will have to drop him as a squad option and get better and more consistent players than him. He's good but not as good as his fans think.

He'sRaldo

It's always been weird to me how people will go into threads and criticize, Pereira, McTominay, Fred, Young, etc. and then in the same breath wonder why our striker is inconsistent? Surely it should be obvious?

Playing with such supply will bring any striker down, and make it harder to evaluate their quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.