6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Here we go again, the hyperbole is at large again. Still clearly our best outfield player in Pogba's absence, a drop in form isn't going to change that.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Here we go again, the hyperbole is at large again. Still clearly our best outfield player in Pogba's absence, a drop in form isn't going to change that.
This isn't a drop in form. This is what he is. He scores 3 in 2 and then goes missing for 4 matches. He's Anelka mk2. Not good enough and we'd be wise to sell him off and recoup as much as we can. It was the only thing Jose was doing right tbh.

SER19

At the moment, were we genuinely hoping to sign haland as a starter it's martial that would have to be sidelined. Martial at his best is our best, but it happens too infrequently

Canagel

This is nothing. There are quotes on record from the manager telling him and Rashford to stay in between the length of the goalposts if they want to score goals. Nobody here can say for sure if he's not doing it because of managers instructions.
And moving around for no reason and leaving us with no focal point is not wise, especially without a number 10 behind.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

He's supposed to lead the line. Who would we cross to if he kept running all over the place? More circle jerking from clueless online fans.

Raven

This isn't a drop in form. This is what he is. He scores 3 in 2 and then goes missing for 4 matches. He's Anelka mk2. Not good enough and we'd be wise to sell him off and recoup as much as we can. It was the only thing Jose was doing right tbh.
:boring:

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

The funny part is that the move is being initially fecked up because he points to Pereira to switch sides when Mata is attacking the pocket of space in the right half-space. Of course, Pereira should possess the vision and the determination to play the right pass but, nevertheless, the clip shows that Martial's understanding of his surroundings in that particular play was lacking.

From that point onward, he's not guilty of much but one thing. I mean, Mata moves to the left while Rashford cuts inside and all three get ready to attack a cross coming in the box. The cross never comes in the box because AWB hesitates to take on his man (very good 1v1 there) and when James comes to offer assistance (good 2v2), he stays glued to the touchline and doesn't even think about attacking the space behind the FB. After that, Pereira plays the ball he should have played in the first place but Mata is offside. Terrible defending, by the way...

Which brings me to the one thing you can blame him for (not) doing. He just keeps the opposition centre-halves in check and bides his time for either the ball to arrive at his feet so that he can finish/find the runner in behind or for the others to attack the box so that he can wait for the cutback cross on the edge of the box. He possesses the skill and the finesse to not screw up quick moves in ample space (as Lukaku did) but, as the clip showed, he doesn't care much about creating openings for others against organized defences (as Lukaku did too). I'm getting some Berbatov vibes from him. A spectacle to behold on his day but frustrating as hell when he's not at his very best.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just find it hilarious that the slowest,over the hill offensive player ie Mata is running his little heart out trying to create attacking opportunists while his speed merchant teammates in Rashford and Martial do absolutely feck all. :lol:

Andersons Dietician

See what’s funny about this tweet. His movement actually creates the space for Mata as the defenders follow him out. Don’t actually see a problem in that video either. He is where he is supposed to be as play builds up occupying 2 central defenders.
Mark Hughes says the best bit of advice he got from Fergie was to not run about as much and stand still at times in the box.

Anyone who also watches a full game can see he moves, makes good runs and at times yeah maybe should make more runs especially across the front post but it’s not bad.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
See what’s funny about this tweet. His movement actually creates the space for Mata as the defenders follow him out. Don’t actually see a problem in that video either. He is where he is supposed to be as play builds up occupying 2 central defenders.
Mark Hughes says the best bit of advice he got from Fergie was to not run about as much and stand still at times in the box.

Anyone who also watches a full game can see he moves, makes good runs and at times yeah maybe should make more runs especially across the front post but it’s not bad.
Not to mention he's created chances for his teammates with his movements on the counters this season already, as well as benefiting from his instincts of movements in the box (who some arm-chair managers on here think is just laziness). The problem is there's a lot of ignorance fueled by an agenda by some on here, that's why it's really not even worth responding to it. They'll be quiet when he has a good game and vocal when he doesn't. Been going on for years, not going to change. The funny thing about it is they think they know how the game is played and that they can see what a professional player or manager who keeps picking him cannot, without taking into account what actual instructions OGS might be giving him. There's a lot of good reasons why Martial isn't moving around like a headless chicken, it's not his role and there's other players to do that.

RedDevil@84

I have pretty much given up on him. Our attackers being average helps his case. He occasionally plays well and then goes down and one day would probably do well again.
Hardly an eye watering talent to look forward to.

el3mel

So typical isn't it.

Plays well for few games, becomes invisible the next few ones, then gets injured. Rinse, repeat. Pretty much his career at United so far.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope its Greenwood up top.
Martial really has a problem with muscular injuries. All well and good putting in a few decent performances, a few quiet ones but when you get so many injuries you'll never be at your sharpest and won't get that run of form to progress as anything more than what hes done now. Perfect example of why we need a striker like Haaland.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Unpopular opinion: Maybe Jose was right.
Martial,and a fair few others in the squad,have hardly proven the Miserable One wrong.

Red_toad

This is nothing. There are quotes on record from the manager telling him and Rashford to stay in between the length of the goalposts if they want to score goals. Nobody here can say for sure if he's not doing it because of managers instructions.
And moving around for no reason and leaving us with no focal point is not wise, especially without a number 10 behind.
Not an expert on the game, but isn't finding space in tight areas supposed to happen? Standing between 2 defenders and behind a midfielder is hardly making yourself available to receive the ball? I can't see Ole telling him to hide? But I could be wrong.

Irwin99

It's not bad luck at this stage, what the hell is it with our players!

edgar allan

Not that good, not that bad. That sums him up really well.
We are so desperate for a half decent player that we still have to lie to ourselves that he is much more than half decent...sometimes.

edgar allan

Not to mention he's created chances for his teammates with his movements on the counters this season already, as well as benefiting from his instincts of movements in the box (who some arm-chair managers on here think is just laziness). The problem is there's a lot of ignorance fueled by an agenda by some on here, that's why it's really not even worth responding to it. They'll be quiet when he has a good game and vocal when he doesn't. Been going on for years, not going to change. The funny thing about it is they think they know how the game is played and that they can see what a professional player or manager who keeps picking him cannot, without taking into account what actual instructions OGS might be giving him. There's a lot of good reasons why Martial isn't moving around like a headless chicken, it's not his role and there's other players to do that.
Nobody is asking him to run around like Tevez or Rooney used to do but he has to lead the line and he just doesn't offer enough,often enough.

sherrinford

At the moment, were we genuinely hoping to sign haland as a starter it's martial that would have to be sidelined. Martial at his best is our best, but it happens too infrequently
That seems to be the general consensus but it doesn’t really make any sense when considering that it would mean keeping Pereira (or any of our other no.10 options) in the starting lineup. Also, broadly speaking, all of Rashford, Haaland and James are best running and penetrating/ threatening in behind. Martial’s natural tendencies and abilities compliment all three whereas the only obvious synergistic aspect of a front line consisting of the aforementioned three would be James’ delivery from wide married to Haaland’s predatory work in the box.

Andersonson

Our best player is a striker who has 11 goals as his best season?

I think not.

Give Greenwood his start. Atleast we would run a bit

bondsname

Our best player is a striker who has 11 goals as his best season?

I think not.

Give Greenwood his start. Atleast we would run a bit
Greenwood won't start, it will be Rashford and James up top with Lingard as a false 9/10 role.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The most frustrating player in the squad.
It’s not his fault if he’s injured but it’s very very annoying.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Losing Martial is a huge blow, I know we're shitting on our players right now, but we are at least scoring goals right now. It's back on Rashford to provide our goal threat tomorrow. Sigh.

I mean, if he and McTominay are out, then the only players with more than 1 PL goal this season that will probably feature tomorrow is Rashford on 7 and James on 3.,

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He just can’t be fecked. As much as I love his talent I’ve grown numb to his horrible attitude to life. Have some desire, some spark.. some purpose to succeed. He’s got none at all.

Jose saw his attitude day in day out. Ed saw his talent and that’s it.

this is not how you run a club

Kostur

海尔的老板
Whereas I don't really care about his injury, nor blame him for it as I have absolutely no idea what's the story behind it, I love how certain people who have vehemently defended Martial a couple of months ago saying that the criticism of no movement, being lazy and all that shit are 'lazy cliches' (often grounded in his skin colour) now are saying that the apparent lack of movement is actually due to managerial decisions to stay up front and be a focal point (I mean, nevermind the fact that as of recent he's been going back for the ball all the time, probably because of being very little time with it, which is like the opposite of staying up front).

Funny sight really. Speedy recovery, we're already fecked in strikers' department as it stands.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe, just maybe, Jose was right?

Talent is clearly there, but his body and mind isn't. Guy keeps breaking down.

Maybe a 3 time PL winner and 2 time CL winner knows more about footballers than Redcafe, and should have been allowed to sell Martial and Shaw and replace.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Losing Martial is a huge blow, I know we're shitting on our players right now, but we are at least scoring goals right now. It's back on Rashford to provide our goal threat tomorrow. Sigh.

I mean, if he and McTominay are out, then the only players with more than 1 PL goal this season that will probably feature tomorrow is Rashford on 7 and James on 3.,
Might have to play Greenwood through the centre with how slim our options are. I pray to all that is holy that we sign some depth in January.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Whereas I don't really care about his injury, nor blame him for it as I have absolutely no idea what's the story behind it, I love how certain people who have vehemently defended Martial a couple of months ago saying that the criticism of no movement, being lazy and all that shit are 'lazy cliches' (often grounded in his skin colour) now are saying that the apparent lack of movement is actually due to managerial decisions to stay up front and be a focal point (I mean, nevermind the fact that as of recent he's been going back for the ball all the time, probably because of being very little time with it, which is like the opposite of staying up front).
They are lazy cliches because he does his running on the counters, he makes off-the-ball runs (more often than not to no avail from the midfield), but when you isolate a clip of him between defenders like the one above, there has to be a smarter analysis than him being lazy because he's not running like Mata. He's a focal point for the wing players so they can close in and play a pass to him for a quick 1-2 because he can turn around or flick a pass into an open space with defenders close to him. He's the best of the front three at being able to keep possession with defenders close to him and release the ball in a dangerous area for either Rashford/James or take a shot himself.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe, just maybe, Jose was right?

Talent is clearly there, but his body and mind isn't. Guy keeps breaking down.

Maybe a 3 time PL winner and 2 time CL winner knows more about footballers than Redcafe, and should have been allowed to sell Martial and Shaw and replace.
Can we turn back time? I hated Mourinho with passion (as United manager), but I agreed with his plan about those two long time ago. Players who've done nothing but leeching the club when contract renewal comes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Might have to play Greenwood through the centre with how slim our options are. I pray to all that is holy that we sign some depth in January.
Greenwood looked much better as RW with facing the goal. He is not strong enough to hold the ball. He might be CF for the future but right now he is better as RW drifting centrally.

Would go with Rashford as CF, James and Greenwood as wingers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
With his return, at least goal scoring problem was solved. Now we will struggle to score and keep clean sheets.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What the feck is wrong with him now ?
fecking get shot of him and all in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.