Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was alright but just a stark contrast to the huge strikers leading the line in the past. Consistency is Martials problem and at 24 he can't use inexperience as a reason.

Thought his hold up play was decent, off the ball he was definately looking lazier, no real burst to track down players. Not much of an aerial threat either which is why I'd much rather see us bring in Haaland and have the two compete.

Raven

Naysayers back out in force today. Martial was good, linked things up nicely, dribbled well, unfortunately didn't get a goal. I think we should bring in Haaland if we can anyway, but Martial is easily good enough to be a starter for us.

MiceOnMeth

He looked a force as a 19 year old but doesn't look like he'll ever reach his potential, not at Man United anyway.​

Thought he was ok in holding the ball up (really hard to get the ball off him this season) but one moment in particular infuriated me. Scott put a great ball in down the line to James who had the beating of Baines. James delivers a good cross into the box and the only person to be seen is Rashford making a run to the back post. Martial was just standing 20 yards away. Inexcusable effort when we're down at home, those are the types of runs a striker should love making

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Classic Martial. Few good performances followed by few games where he is sleeping on the pitch for majority of the game.

Andersons Dietician

Wow!! People need to go back and watch the first half and actually you should watch the entire game. He was great the first half. Ability to take down the ball and keep it under preasure get away and set us on our way was excellent.
He was pressing making endless runs, dropping deep, linking the play. All these people complaining about him not getting in the box do you not realise he’s the one that has created that space or the one that played the ball through for the majority of these crosses. Which by the way are terrible.

He also made a good few runs to the front post or back post or checked out of runs to wait for a cut back, he also went in for a good few aerial challenges.

It’s ridiculous some of the reactions in this thread but really not unexpected. I should probably go to the Shaw thread next to read some more drivel.

DoomSlayer

Classic Martial. Few good performances followed by few games where he is sleeping on the pitch for majority of the game.
This. As if holding up the ball is enough, he was non-existent for most of the game and ruined some attacks when we were near their box.

lumeyes

I don't understand what some people are watching out there, Martial was the only player of the front three that was actually trying to put things together for the offense, he was far better than Rashford or James today and should have had a penalty at the end, not to mention there's been at least a few times where he had dangerous runs completely ignored by the team.
I have a feeling some people are just waiting for the slightest opportunity to blame him. He wasn't at his best the last 15 to 20 mins but he, McT and Fred were the only ones I felt did well for most part of the game. There is only so little he can do with Lingard constantly messing up things. Of course we have been told Ole sees people in training and knows that Lingard and Mata are far better in that no 10 position.

Thiagoal

Had a few nice touches but again looked totally half- arsed for most the game! Desperately need a hungry striker that will put a bit of effort in (as Calvert Lewin did today)

Kostur

海尔的老板
Quite frankly I think that the most damning thing for him today was how Calvert-Lewin played. It's not about passion or some other bullshit, it's just about putting effort in, actually going for every ball instead of falling like a sack of shit at every contact. Somehow you can do that and still have better scoring record in the league in a far, far worse team. Unless Everton's a team of superstars now.

Ace of Spades

He was average overall, decent hold up play but really needs to work harder in games like these where things are not going well.

OldTrevil

Naysayers back out in force today. Martial was good, linked things up nicely, dribbled well, unfortunately didn't get a goal. I think we should bring in Haaland if we can anyway, but Martial is easily good enough to be a starter for us.
Yea, so much of our good attacking play comes from him, the few times those behind him are able to pass forward, he ends up creating a move. He has been a scapegoat for a weird bunch for a while now, not surprising that they jump in here every chance they can get.

Andersons Dietician

Been a while since I went to get my eyes checked and to be honest I was mostly on my phone not even really watching the game. I saw we drew though and that Martial wasn’t on the score sheet so I decided he was who I’d take out the frustration I have with my current impotence problems.
No bother lad, I know erectile dysfunction can be a serious issue and get even the best of us down, but Martial was one of the better players easily today. Maybe once you get that issue taken care of you’ll be able to focus upon what is actually going on on the pitch and genuinely see how good he was today.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yea, so much of our good attacking play comes from him, the few times those behind him are able to pass forward, he ends up creating a move. He has been a scapegoat for a weird bunch for a while now, not surprising that they jump in here every chance they can get.
At least it keeps the thread busy with all that nonsense, when he has a good game it's shockingly really quiet. :lol:

Ace of Spades

Quite frankly I think that the most damning thing for him today was how Calvert-Lewin played. It's not about passion or some other bullshit, it's just about putting effort in, actually going for every ball instead of falling like a sack of shit at every contact. Somehow you can do that and still have better scoring record in the league in a far, far worse team. Unless Everton's a team of superstars now.
This is true, he does need to be better at dueling with the defenders, you can't always get the ball at your feet. The best strikers scrapped for the ball, and never let the CBs have it easy.

SteveW

Wow!! People need to go back and watch the first half and actually you should watch the entire game. He was great the first half. Ability to take down the ball and keep it under preasure get away and set us on our way was excellent.
He was pressing making endless runs, dropping deep, linking the play. All these people complaining about him not getting in the box do you not realise he’s the one that has created that space or the one that played the ball through for the majority of these crosses. Which by the way are terrible.

He also made a good few runs to the front post or back post or checked out of runs to wait for a cut back, he also went in for a good few aerial challenges.

It’s ridiculous some of the reactions in this thread but really not unexpected. I should probably go to the Shaw thread next to read some more drivel.
Completely agree. He's probably a victim of how neat and tidy he was on the ball. Made most of it look much easier than it was. Cafes a fecking disaster tbh.

DoomSlayer

With every game that Martial is a non-entity like today, I understand more and more the people who are loud supporters of buying Haaland in January. He is frustrating me to no end, should be our leading attacking players as he is also the oldest of them all.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No bother lad, I know erectile dysfunction can be an serious issue and get even the best of us down, but Martial was one of the better players easily today. Maybe once you get that issue taken care of you’ll be able to focus upon what is actually going on on the pitch and genuinely see how good he was today.
It would be remotely funny if you didn't feck up the 'eye's' part. Jesus Christ.

But yeah, seeing how hard you seem to get (you and the other acolytes of the infamous Martial FC) everytime he plays, I'm sure you would know a thing or two about erectile dysfunction.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Completely agree. He's probably a victim of how neat and tidy he was on the ball. Made most of it look much easier than it was. Cafes a fecking disaster tbh.
You won’t find many people slating his ability on the ball.
The problem is when you see us break and put balls in the box and our striker hasn’t even got in.
Martial isn’t perfect, and people pointing that out don’t have an agenda or anything.
We want to see him do more in certain situations, that’s all.

DoomSlayer

It's also funny how some people think Martial is beyond criticism when this season he should be proving himself. He is not a youngster anymore and has been heavily inconsistent, coupled with the fact he may be becoming injury prone, which is an issue in itself.

El Zoido

Skilful player, but not a centre forward. He’s incapable of scoring the kind of goal Greenwood scored today.

SteveW

You won’t find many people slating his ability on the ball.
The problem is when you see us break and put balls in the box and our striker hasn’t even got in.
Martial isn’t perfect, and people pointing that out don’t have an agenda or anything.
We want to see him do more in certain situations, that’s all.
I don't think he's anywhere near perfect either. It just seems an awful lot of his play seems to have gone unnoticed here because he didn't score from one of the countless terrible crosses. How many balls actually when across the 6 yard line unattacked? Most of the crosses were straight to Everton players.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think he's anywhere near perfect either. It just seems an awful lot of his play seems to have gone unnoticed here because he didn't score from one of the countless terrible crosses. How many balls actually when across the 6 yard line unattacked? Most of the crosses were straight to Everton players.
It’s hard to find your man when he’s not even in the box mate.
He’s probably not been as terrible as some said, but he wasn’t as good as you said either.
We either need to tell him to be in the box more or go two up top, because he isn’t a natural at getting ahead of his man and getting on the end of balls.

Raven

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where all the hate comes from. Been pretty excellent this season.

3KDré

Needs to apply himself a LOT more. I can't remember the last time we saw one of those mazy Martial dribbles as well.

DoomSlayer

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where all the hate comes from. Been pretty excellent this season.
What has he done? He should be our leading attacker this season and has been inconsistent, to say the least. No more excuses, if he is not being dangerous in front of goal, the least he could do is provide intensity and work-rate.

El Zoido

He scored a similar, more difficult goal against city :eek:
It was a different kind of goal. A very good one, but he’s not going to do that every week. Greenwood’s today was simple, push it away from your feet and find the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.