6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambley

Can we just get rid of him and stop baby-sitting him? Aren't you sick of the likes of Martial who plays lazy, cautiously and tries not to do any extra movement? The guy behaves like Berbatov, although Berbatov compensated his lack of movement with top striker qualities as he knew where he has to be on the pitch and had way better football intellect. Moreover, Martial always comes out on the pitch with a face of God which descended to mere mortals to please them with his legendary perfomance (with quite limited perfomance, actually). There are so many people moaning about Mourinho's negativity, but Martial is negative as hell. I wonder why many fans still tolerate and praise him and are looking forward to the moment when he finally takes up to perform stably great at a top level. There's also a trend to deify lads from our academy even if they play just like Martial does but Martial's not even from United academy. Why would someone give him so much credit is beyond me.

Needham

More footballers than most deluded fans would be aware are perfectly happy to earn a fortune without ever leaving their comfort zone. Martial is one of many.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like Martial a lot as a player but this is the nonsense part. Where was he last night? every time he got the ball he either mis controlled it or ran into a blind alley and lost it.
Yes, he was poor, but there's been times in big games where we - as a team - have collectively been poor, but Martial's tried to step up and make things happen. Like against Arsenal, and, bar a poor miss, against Liverpool the other week.

He's obviously not consistent, but who was the last outfield player we had that was? The Blind/Smalling combo in 15/16 maybe? Some would say Zlatan I guess, but, for me, he wasn't that consistent. It's hard for any player to be consistent when we as a team are all over the place in terms of tactics, and knowing how to get the best out of our squad.

More footballers than most deluded fans would be aware are perfectly happy to earn a fortune without ever leaving their comfort zone. Martial is one of many.
That's a tad harsh! He left France at 19 - I don't think I could've left England to live in a different country on my own at that age.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can’t remember him having a less effectual game for us. So bad today.

Hephaestus

Felt sorry for him in the first half, every time he got the ball and turned he was immediately hacked down. Second half performance took away any sympathy I had, absolutely shite.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Useless. Hasnt improved since 2015-16.

Took the ball off Mata feet when he had a clear shot at goal.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Where are the 'Rashford' boys now? This guy is a fraud. Looks amazing once in every 7/8 games and everyone gets giddy. He's just a very underwhelming player and someone who just doesn't give a feck. Jiminez is in a different league to him.

SER19

Two decades of genuinely serious watching of united, that's as bad a centre forward performance as I've ever seen.

There's no way to sugar coat it. A truly woeful game. Makes berbatov look like park ji sung. Offered absolutely nothing, even the ways forwards with a difficult role can and do. Compared to jimenez it was like bebe vs van nistelrooy.

Ighalo to start

Burkeovic

1/10 performance again absolute shit football player i hate him more each time i see him on that pitch rashford is 3 times the player get rid in summer waste of space.

seanboy

Awful again. Doesn't even try yet seems to get away with it because he is Martial.

AshRK

People need to stop defending him. And some called him better than rashford. Only thing he must be better than rashford is in speaking french.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
You see Traore and Jimeniez, long ball, manage to take it down with a defender marking them, turn up and then create danger

Martial? Stands there like an as*shole all game, ball played to his feet, get his pocket picked. He might have been worth his massive contract if he played at or near at his top level every game, but considering he just fecks off about 50% of the season and you never know when hes a massive liability.

And its not about fecking service. Greenwood managed to create more and have more shots at goal in 15 minutes

el3mel

Enough with this striker shite. Put him on the left again at least he can dribble one on one there. He's just a crap striker, let's get over this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He doesn't have quality close to him as much, that's partly down to Ole partly down to the options we have. Obviously when Rashford is about he finds a lot more space.

What he needs to do now is stick to being a striker and stop floating out of position, because when he stops scoring the fans will rightly breathe down his neck.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I hope at least people now will realise how hard it was for Rashford to play as a CF without proper wingers/system/manager, because majority of Martial fans turned to Rashford and started saying how much better Martial is, and now we have identical situation with Martial who isn't presenting any danger to opposition goal at all.

Would be fun to find all those passes calling for our saviour Martial who will knock those goals easily when we couldn't score with Rashford. The reality is that even better players than these two would struggle in this team.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Martial is not suited to play with his back to the goalie: he just gets anticipated 90% of the times.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was absolute garbage today. Worst I've seen him play for us.

His biggest contribution to the game was tackling Mata in the Wolves box.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I can, he is the master at being in the wrong position
When? He was genuinely abysmal today. Nothing good at all, to the plain eye at least. I honestly don't even think it's recency bias, he was so poor.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn’t effect the game, but I can’t see why so many seemingly expected him to. We don’t have many good forwards in our squad at all, and have too often this season been in a situation where we can only play one of them at a time.

He was getting it knocked into him and kept getting fouled in the first half holding it up. There’s no one up there for him to work with and play quick football.

When he himself got injured, Rashford was literally no better than this, because we cannot have one forward threat, especially against a team like Wolves where he was one against 3.

That being said, in the second half, he had about 2 sloppy moments on the ball, and should have done better. I just can’t see what a frontline of Martial, Mata and James is realistically going to do against Wolves, what sort of attacking play did you expect? Add Rashford to the team and it transforms everything.

Andersons Dietician

Didn’t actually think he was that bad. Did have rubbish moments but was also the only one creating anything. Pressing caused them to punt it out a few times and occasionally his hold up was decent.

Was the odd occasion where he was disposed or just had a brain fart but was getting fouled all over the shop and trying to turn defenders Which he did a few times.

Mata, James and Perreria were the huge culprits of today. Kinda tells the story when they are the ones supposed to be supplying him.

Saying this there was 1 moment where Martial makes a great run and creates a massive space and you can see Bissaka wanting to play it in that space and Mata, James and Perreria are just standing with their hands in their pockets.

crossy1686

career ending
Thank feck we signed Igahlo on loan. He has to be better than that. Mourinho was right about Martial all along and based on recent comments Solskjaer doesn’t have grand plans for Martial either.

Buy two strikers in the summer and sell him.

No Love

Can be dressed up in a manner of ways; however, the salient fact is that he is not good enough.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
invisible today. coming to the conclusion that is isn't really very good. At least not most of the time.

Walters_19_MuFc

The reason I believe Ole didnt bring anyone in is because he wanted to give Martial a chance.

To me, he has between now and the end of the season to prove he can lead the line, otherwise instead of buying a back up striker, I reckon we'll buy a starting striker, with Martial being moved to the bench.

He has to do more!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Good strikers need a killer instinct to run, shoot, get into scoring positions, so what gives with AM9?

Just going to throw this out there ... he’s shit! He is absolute shit. One of the shittest 9’s we’ve ever had. Really really shit. Match after match of shit.

He

is

shit

S

H

I

T

Status
Not open for further replies.