6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

He makes such clever runs. Mata always spots him. A shame he was offside and also missed.

Europa league is such an easy place for elite strikers to stat pad. I say Ole lets our attackers boost their stats with 45 minute cameos.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Martial just has that extra level of quality that can make the difference on night's like this. Stood out easily from the rest of the pack.
Well, its only this season that he has the right attitude and amount of experience to match his abilities.

His sulky lazy sthick got in the way in previous seasons.

With this added confidence, he can now come on and immediately impose himself in a game.

Last edited:
This is why I'm a bit worried about Sancho as a right footed RW. He could be pushed to the touchlines and have less one-two's with Martial in comparison to how he would play if he was cutting in on the left all the time.

His one-two ability is a great influence to having wider playing goalscorers like Rashford and Greenwood. For Martial's sake I hope Sancho joins and shows up as a predatory RW as Rashford/Greenwood are on their wings more so than a creative/crossing player which isnt exactly Martial's natural game (to be predatory waiting for crosses).
There's not only one way to be creative on the right wing as a right footer. Sancho would instantly be our most creative winger and he drifts towards the middle and combines with those around him excellently. Most of his assists for Dortmund are either cutbacks or quick passing with the striker/fullback

Out most talented player with out a doubt. Would of easily reached 30 goals this season with penalties.

Martial is a guaranted starter for us If not as a CF as some people claim, then he has to start on the left wing.

OL29

Well, its only this season that he has the right attitude and amount of experience to match his abilities. His sulky lazy sthick got in the way in previous seasons.
With this added confidence, he can now come on and immediately impose himself in a game.
Nice story you’ve made up there, let me know how it finishes.

KennyBurner

Looks like he has also left Nike. His boots were black and unbranded. He can join any brand other than Puma and New balance. Sauceless brands!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Solskjaer: "Anthony was begging to come on and he promised a goal as well"
If he indeed said that then good - when did you ever meet a great striker who wasn't a bit of a cocky mf-er? Glad to see Tony has all the confidence in the world now. The only thing I can do without is him talking about himself in second or third person like a certain striker in Milan.

I don’t understand why some are claiming we need to buy another striker when we have him, Rashford and Greenwood who can all play there.

Who is this striker we need in addition to Sancho?
Rashford can’t play there he’s had the chance to play as a striker loads of times but never really made the position his. He is not even our best left winger mate.

E-mal

Only one season he has failed to reach double figures, this achieved playing on the wings mostly under a manager that didn't rate with few games and lack of continuity.
Since joining Man Utd, no other player has scored more goals than him.
Our top scorer in the post Sir Alex era.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That was some first season
Hence why he was expected to kick on after his great first season. Unfortunately Mourinho happened and he ended up wasting 3 years of his career. Martial should have been far along in his development, he should have reached World class status by now had he not had 3 years wasted.

Well at least he's still very young so he still has time to fulfill his full potential.

UncleBob

Well, its only this season that he has the right attitude and amount of experience to match his abilities. His sulky lazy sthick got in the way in previous seasons.
:lol: :houllier:

OL29

Only one season he has failed to reach double figures, this achieved playing on the wings mostly under a manager that didn't rate with few games and lack of continuity.
Since joining Man Utd, no other player has scored more goals than him.
Our top scorer in the post Sir Alex era.
Sulky and lazy apparently.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sulky and lazy apparently.
Ole agrees with me: (@ 2min40sec) Martial has needed to work harder than before and get rid of his lazy sulk.
But yeah, apparently you know best.

Last edited:

Mick1

If he indeed said that then good - when did you ever meet a great striker who wasn't a bit of a cocky mf-er? Glad to see Tony has all the confidence in the world now. The only thing I can do without is him talking about himself in second or third person like a certain striker in Milan.
If he can become that good, he can talk about himself in the 27th person for all I care.

lsd

The Oracle
Are people seriously saying he was not sulky and lazy in past seasons ?

That is delusion on a scale i never thought possible .

Are people seriously saying he was not sulky and lazy in past seasons ?

That is delusion on a scale i never thought possible .
Of course he was sulking but only because Lingard and Rashford played over him this Guy was the star of the team in his first season and then got the Mourinho treatment.

Some people act as if Martial wasn’t treated different than Rashford during Mourinhos time here. Rashford has the privilege of being Englands posterboy but let me tell you soon people Will see Rashford for what he really is which is a not so efficient football player.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If he can become that good, he can talk about himself in the 27th person for all I care.
Fair enough.
Can't wait for next season and for him to end up as top scorer of the PL. It ll happen. Martial law shirts will become the hottest selling item for next season. I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my tooooooooeees.

meamth

Nice story you’ve made up there, let me know how it finishes.
He's right though, when things went wrong for Martial in previous seasons, he disappeared in games. I'm a big fan of Martial, and I could agree with that statement.

I said it all season, the biggest difference Martial have made this season is his happiness. Happiness means he can achieve the greatest things with us.

meamth

At the age of 24, Martial finally found his stride and established himself as an elite forward (maybe some will disagree).

I can't wait for the next premier league season without injuries and see what he can do.

meamth

Does he perform better without spectators? I've heard of a flat track bully but Martial could be an empty stadium one. When the crowds come back we might have to put blinkers on him.
Have you ever live streamed? I think the feeling is the same, you know people are watching you around the world.

The stakes are high even if there are no spectators...I doubt any of those players feeling less pressured without spectators.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's so good when came in. Like an adult playing with little kids. It's just too easy.

meamth

He's so good when came in. Like an adult playing with little kids. It's just too easy.
Loved his confidence asking to come in and promised a goal. :drool:

That shot of Ole smiling, we knew the conversation was legit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Loved his confidence asking to come in and promised a goal. :drool:

That shot of Ole smiling, we knew the conversation was legit.
Yeh. The camera zoomed in to Ole after he scored. Ole was all smile, shy like a girl on her first date.
I thought that was amusing. Now we know why. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.