Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Does he perform better without spectators? I've heard of a flat track bully but Martial could be an empty stadium one. When the crowds come back we might have to put blinkers on him.
Yeah, the 19 years old kid who everyone mocked as a signing and came on against Liverpool to score in his first game is probably absolutely terrified of crowds at 24. :houllier:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Your tag-line should be "stats-lady"

Anyways, I just want him to get 2 more goals and 2 more assists so he can end the season on double figures of both goals and assists...that would be neat.
He's actually on 9 assists(don't know why he hasn't been given the Norwich assist here), so he only needs 1 to get double digits assists.

Though Transfermarket has him on 11 assists but that's because they count penalties as assists.

Skills

Snitch
Does he perform better without spectators? I've heard of a flat track bully but Martial could be an empty stadium one. When the crowds come back we might have to put blinkers on him.
I think a lot of our players probably prefer playing without spectators. Our home crowd is generally horrible to players who try things/flair players.

They like there steady Eddie's like the McTominays.

Skills

Snitch
He's actually on 9 assists(don't know why he hasn't been given the Norwich assist here), so he only needs 1 to get double digits assists.

Though Transfermarket has him on 11 assists but that's because they count penalties as assists.
Is that wrong though?

Mercurial

Nice performance! His troubled days look behind him! Very interesting presser from Ole highlighting his development behind the scenes. At this rate soon he won't have any more critics left in the fanbase!

OL29

He's right though, when things went wrong for Martial in previous seasons, he disappeared in games. I'm a big fan of Martial, and I could agree with that statement.

I said it all season, the biggest difference Martial have made this season is his happiness. Happiness means he can achieve the greatest things with us.
If that’s the case then the same accusation should be levelled at pretty much the rest of our players, i can think of plenty of occasions in the past 5 years where Martial’s dragged us to a result when we haven’t shown up as a team, I can’t really say the same about any of our other players apart from Rashford, De Gea and maybe Pogba.
He also repeatedly had to prove himself to a manager who didn’t rate him and saved that manager from the sack with his goals when it looked like most other players had given up. So if we’re going to say that Martial sulks and gives up when things are going wrong, the same standards need to be applied to the whole squad.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

He was sulking so badly he kept Mourinho in the job for an additional 3 months.

There’s this weird francophobia with Martial and Pogba from some in our fanbase. Everytime their performance dipped it must be because they are lazy and don’t give a feck.

E-mal

Ole agrees with me: (@ 2min40sec) Martial has needed to work harder than before and get rid of his lazy sulk.
But yeah, apparently you know best.

Well he didn't say that, whatever you needed to add to make your point though.

Why not just enjoy the player he is now and just forget about the past because when you go back to the past you will see that what has happened has been a combination of both him and the useless manager we brought in.

Martial delivered under LVG and is now delivering under Ole, so why didn't he deliver under the dinosaur?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, just brilliant. Said it few times, I wouldn't swap him for any striker in the league. Great player to watch and his class was obvious in few mins he played.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Why not just enjoy the player he is now and just forget about the past because when you go back to the past you will see that what has happened has been a combination of both him and the useless manager we brought in.

Martial delivered under LVG and is now delivering under Ole, so why didn't he deliver under the dinosaur?
He actually saved the dinosaur job for another 3 months and the season in which Alexis was bought in January, he had a great season till December. Some serious revisionism happening in this thread by some.

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

Before the lockdown, he scored home and away against both City and Chelsea this season...

AneRu

He actually saved the dinosaur job for another 3 months and the season in which Alexis was bought in January, he has a great season till December. Some serious revisionism happening in this thread by some.
You are right, Mourinho would have been thrown out to the kerb had we lost at home to Newcastle and guess who played well to pull it back? Pogba and Martial the two players he particularly disliked.

UncleBob

First of all, his performances weren't that bad, main problem is playing under a manager that has little or no faith in you as a player and would prefer to see you replaced with someone else. He could be mint and bag goals and assists, forcing himself into the starting lineup, but as soon as he had an off day it was back to the bench, which by all means is fair enough if the same rule applies to the rest of the squad, but when Lukaku could underperform and look like an absolute mess for months without being benched, it sends a bad signal to the rest of the players.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
First of all, his performances weren't that bad, main problem is playing under a manager that has little or no faith in you as a player and would prefer to see you replaced with someone else. He could be mint and bag goals and assists, forcing himself into the starting lineup, but as soon as he had an off day it was back to the bench, which by all means is fair enough if the same rule applies to the rest of the squad, but when Lukaku could underperform and look like an absolute mess for months without being benched, it sends a bad signal to the rest of the players.
Remember when Mourinho ranted when Rashford and Martial played after string of bad performance from Lukaku and he came out and complained about them. Like "why always Lukaku, now you know why". I am so glad that dinosaur is no longer our problem. But it seems his ridiculous views are still being championed by some both in this thread and Pogba's

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why not admit he was lazy and sulky, who needed to work alot harder to fulfil his obvious potential (exactly what OGS has said), and now enjoy that under OGS? That's what I am doing. Suggest you do the same

Last edited:

E-mal

Why not admit he was a lazy and sulky, who needed to work alot harder to fulfil his obvious potential (exactly what OGS has said), and now enjoy that under OGS?
Thats what I am doing. Suggest you do the same
How can I admit what is factually not correct. I didnt see him sulk, have you? Of course he is working harder now as is the rest of the squad who apparently didnt under "the has been one ". It is easier to put in more yards when youre enjoying your football, you'll know this if you've played the game before.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
His attitude and desire to come on last and say that he would score is night and day from what he was like under Mourinho. Ultimately I think the responsibility has to lie with the player to prove himself but with the Mourinho situation, I think it’s one of the clearest examples of his inability get anything out his players.

Been a remarkable job from Tony and Ole to turn him into the player that we’ve seen this season and has been stated, I can’t think of any other strikers in the league I’d take over him. That talent has always been there, from the very first game against Liverpool we saw it. The way that he’s been managed in spells during his time here was verging on criminal. Just goes to show if you play him in the right way, encourage and develop him, we’ve got a potential world class player on our hands.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole has turned him into a goal hungry scoring machine. That's what you call good coaching!

The fact that Martial wanted to come on and promised to score within 10 minutes (then had a laugh with Ole) shows how much he's enjoying himself right now.

He really could fire us to the Europa league, hope he keeps this form into next season.

Rolaholic

Before the lockdown, he scored home and away against both City and Chelsea this season...
He announced himself on the european stage in the CL knockout round at 19 and has a knack for scoring in high profile games against our rivals but sure he's scared of playing in front of a crowd :lol:

romufc

He announced himself on the european stage in the CL knockout round at 19 and has a knack for scoring in high profile games against our rivals but sure he's scared of playing in front of a crowd :lol:
It gets better and better.

His Debut against Liverpool and he scored a goal, one of the biggest games as well.

Idxomer

Yep, here against Arsenal at the Emirates.

meamth

..and solo strike against the scousers...scared of crowds.. :lol:

meamth

Now whoever trained Ronaldo to improve his heading and jumping before 07 season needs to start training Martial now.

Imagine Martial with improved aerial ability..:devil:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Now whoever trained Ronaldo to improve his heading and jumping before 07 season needs to start training Martial now.

Imagine Martial with improved aerial ability..:devil:
His areal ability are just fine the way they are. It doesn't seem that much to people because we aren't a team that cross hence why it feels like he doesn't have much areal abilities. the few times he's had to use his head, he's been alright.

We as a team just don't cross nor use long balls. I honestly can't even remember the last time we out in a high cross inside the box. Our wingers don't do that nor are the type of player for that game because they are inside forwards who prefer playing closer to our CF with ball on the ground.

Training on areal abilities won't do him any good given he won't be having much opportunities to showcase said abilities.

meamth

His areal ability are just fine the way they are. It doesn't seem that much to people because we aren't a team that cross hence why it feels like he doesn't have much areal abilities. the few times he's had to use his head, he's been alright.

We as a team just don't cross nor use long balls. I honestly can't even remember the last time we out in a high cross inside the box. Our wingers don't do that nor are the type of player for that game because they are inside forwards who prefer playing closer to our CF with ball on the ground.

Training on areal abilities won't do him any good given he won't be having much opportunities to showcase said abilities.
Maybe we didn't cross so much because none of our forwards can dominate air like Ronaldo, Mandzukic, etc.

Remember those times when we had Ronaldo? Corners are dangerous to give away. If Martial can level up and add some more spring to his jumps, then he can be a goal scoring threat during corner kicks.

Not only that, we can play route one when we're chasing games, if Martial can win headers.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Maybe we didn't cross so much because none of our forwards can dominate air like Ronaldo, Mandzukic, etc.

Remember those times when we had Ronaldo? Corners are dangerous to give away. If Martial can level up and add some more spring to his jumps, then he can be a goal scoring threat during corner kicks.
Well I don't see any of Rashford, Greenwood or Sancho crossing, let alone spamming crosses inside the box for it to be worth training areal abilities for. Greenwood will always be looking to cut inside. Rashford doesn't cross either and Sancho also prefers inter plays and link up plays rather than crossing.

it also has to do with the structure of the team. The way we used to play in a 442 system with 2 proper wingers meant strikers needed to be ready and expectant of crosses from the likes of Valancia, Beckam etc. But now we play with a front 3, a striker and 2 inside forwards. We basically play with 3 goal scoring attackers whom are expected to both provide and score, so the ball game changes.

roonster09

Scout

Not really, we also attack and defend set pieces and all our attackers are not good headers of the ball. This is something he should work on, not only him, Rashford too. We shouldn't ignore how many headers attackers win in both attacking and defending set pieces.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not really, we also attack and defend set pieces and all our attackers are not good headers of the ball. This is something he should work on, not only him, Rashford too. We shouldn't ignore how many headers attackers win in both attacking and defending set pieces.
Maybe but I just feel like heading ability is quite unimportant for attacking players in the modern game. Heck the best ever striker in Ronaldo(the Brazilian) wasn't a good header of the ball. The modern era is mostly filled with great, excellent attacking players who don't have much heading abilities.

Heading ability just isn't that important for attackers, especially for a team like ours that doesn't even cross that much(We're the least crossing team in the league).

roonster09

Scout
Maybe but I just feel like heading ability is quite unimportant for attacking players in the modern game. Heck the best ever striker in Ronaldo(the Brazilian) wasn't a good header of the ball. The modern era is mostly filled with great, excellent attacking players who don't have much heading abilities.

Heading ability just isn't that important for attackers, especially for a team like ours that doesn't even cross that much(We're the least crossing team in the league).
Ronaldo is arguably the greatest goalscorer in last 15-20 years (alongside Messi obviously) and he is a beast at headers. Ronaldo makes half decent cross into good one because of his movement and heading ability, our attackers are opposite.

It's one more dimension to the attacker just like having ability to shoot with both feet.

KennyBurner

Martial FC today is a sad day and we have unfortunately taken a huge L. Martial lost his nike contract and has resigned with puma.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Martial FC today is a sad day and we have unfortunately taken a huge L. Martial lost his bike contract and has resigned with puma.
Well someone find his bike right now! How is he going to keep working on his fitness and stamina without it?!

Silly move by Nike, but they have too many athletes, let's see how Puma promotes him.

Man Yusuf united

Also he can see from Harry Kane he's a good striker a very good one very experience striker but still find it hard to cop with Morinho philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.