Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Mindblowing to hear from Scholes :lol: , been one of his tougher critics. Says a lot that he's been slowly changing his mind lately
I think it's common with these pundits. Once a player develop a niche, it's hard to change it around.
It works both ways. Once Martial is recognized by them as top striker, even if he turns shite in the future, they'll still see him as top striker.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I didn't think he was that amazing tonight. He went on a few really impressive runs but the final part was missing all night from most of our players. Thought Greenwood was the pick of the front three if anything.

It definitely helps Martial having Rashford and Greenwood either side as it keeps him occupying the areas where he's more dangerous. Just need Rashford to get back on his game for it to really click into gear again.

He's definitely doing mroe to convicne me he is good enough to be our striker than he is to convince me he isn't.

KennyBurner

So glad RVP pointed out that he has elite awareness to spot other players and bring them into play. Mata should have scored twice today from passes by Martial. Its also not a coincidence that Martial and Mata always find each other. Both intelligent technical players thinking like a hive.

Foxbatt

Then he always get subbed. I really wondered why Ole subbed him and kept Rashford?

Rolaholic

Then he always get subbed. I really wondered why Ole subbed him and kept Rashford?
It's got to be for confidence reasons.

Feels like Martial and Greenwood always get subbed before him but I get it. They've not been lacking confidence recently and feels like Rashford has at times since coming back from that back injury

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
his performances shuts up all the talk about lukaku scoring a bunch of goals in inter

Rolaholic

:lol:

Love their bromance, Bruno needs to return the favor next time haha :D

Rolaholic

his performances shuts up all the talk about lukaku scoring a bunch of goals in inter
Lukaku scored in spurts but most of his goals were quite inconsequential during our games. Always feels like he scored the 3rd or 4th goals in comfortable victories a lot of the time and rarely scored important goals outside of PSG away. His scoring record against the top 6 was matched by Daniel James in his first month.

It's been quite the opposite for Martial, he usually contributes against the best sides in the league along with scoring/assistint winners or point saving goals when he gets on the scoresheet.

Honestly feel like the divorce could not have worked out any better for both sides. Martial has become the perfect no.9 for the way Ole wants us playing and Lukaku has really found his level consistently under Conte in Italy. Rare that you see moves like that end up being as mutually beneficial as it has been for both of us

Becks00

This guy is one of the biggest reason I hope we buy sancho. Their link up would be delicious

Please Ed get Sancho..

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Lukaku scored in spurts but most of his goals were quite inconsequential during our games. Always feels like he scored the 3rd or 4th goals in comfortable victories a lot of the time and rarely scored important goals outside of PSG away. His scoring record against the top 6 was matched by Daniel James in his first month.

It's been quite the opposite for Martial, he usually contributes against the best sides in the league along with scoring/assistint winners or point saving goals when he gets on the scoresheet.

Honestly feel like the divorce could not have worked out any better for both sides. Martial has become the perfect no.9 for the way Ole wants us playing and Lukaku has really found his level consistently under Conte in Italy. Rare that you see moves like that end up being as mutually beneficial as it has been for both of us
That's what I meant. I'm not a United fan, just a casual follower, but Martial is so much better as a modern 9. He really surprised me this year, great on the eye also

tjb

I'll take my hat off, I didn't see this coming. i had an idea of his ceiling, but tonight, he was legitimately prime romario in his play. Absolutely unstoppable. If that's him at peak form, then we really need to make sure we do everything to get him like this most of the time. Imagine the media thinking we should get another striker.

Jackal981

Insane. He looks like Henry in disguise today. Just unlucky the GK had a worldie. Could have bagged 2-3 goals today. The defense looked totally in chaos when he dribbled the ball

Ceteris

How much would Martial cost in current market considering we were ridiculed for the price we paid for him back then

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sensational.

I know many love him staying up top in a more traditional cf sense, but I much prefer him coming deep for the ball. When he drops deep, something happens. Whether by his dribbling, creative passing, 1 touch link-up play or long shots.

The more he's on the ball the better.

DannyDee

I think it's common with these pundits. Once a player develop a niche, it's hard to change it around.
It works both ways. Once Martial is recognized by them as top striker, even if he turns shite in the future, they'll still see him as top striker.
Opinions on players with decently long history has the turning radius of an Oil tanker for pundits. I assume Scholes watches almost all United games, but there job is to cover a ton of teams, so they aren't always going to be closely informed and can view a stretch of good form for just than instead of actual improvement.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Opinions on players with decently long history has the turning radius of an Oil tanker for pundits. I assume Scholes watches almost all United games, but there job is to cover a ton of teams, so they aren't always going to be closely informed and can view a stretch of good form for just than instead of actual improvement.
Yeh. That's the way I see it. It happened with Ronaldo on his early career, when every pundit just dog abused him in every chance. Once he proved himself a season or two, those pundits could barely speak any sentence without praising him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Man is possessed.

He is fecking fit, no way someone can do so much attacking runs in 90 minutes plus extra time.
Crazy thing is the guy who made that video missed at least one other piece of brilliant skill that he did to dribble past someone.

DannyDee

Yeh. That's the way I see it. It happened with Ronaldo on his early career, when every pundit just dog abused him in every chance. Once he proved himself a season or two, those pundits could barely speak any sentence without praising him.
I didn't think it was wrong at the time with Rooney being viewed as the bigger talent (those 2004 Euros were something else), but Ronaldo always got the short end of the stick in comparison.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Finally getting some of the credit he deserves from these pundits. He is a number 9 than links our whole attack together. Improved his movement so much, and his dribbling and passing are insane. So silky in tight spaces.

I usually trust his ability to put away chances, it just didn't happen tonight, but he was my MOM easily.

izec

I would rather RvP calls him world class, which may be a bit too much at the moment, than him getting ignored. Can't stand the English media. feck off with Kane.

Keeping him fit was always the key IMO. I said that last year, if he can stay fit, sky is the limit. You have to build up a momentum and build yourself up to the next level, that is exactly what he is doing. He looks unstoppable.

Amarsdd

We're wearing the new kit, right? That with the black shorts looks really really good on Martial as he's floating past defenders.

youngrell

Have to give credit to their defender Nelson who had a blinder and kept Tony quiet for about 60 mins or so, giving him no space whatsoever.

Once he let Martial off the hook though, there was no stopping him. Was at his majestic best and I was gutted one of those dribbles didn’t end in a goal for him.

Rajma

He really made sure no 9 position stays with him and anyone who wants to displace him will have a real challenge on their hands as the bar is now set really high, which is good.

Web of Bissaka

:devil: The man! I love him!

He's in rampage mode so far, beautiful!!!!

Rampaging Martial, tearing defense apart, scoring and assisting, breaking the game apart!

Our best player by far in the run of most recent games.

Mcking

He could do with more goals. We were so all over them that I'm disappointed he didn't score. The kind of games he should be bagging braces and hat-tricks.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Has he got no boot deal at the moment?
I saw someone mentioned that he's gone with Puma now or something. Either that or he's decided to play in plain black boot. They look cool closer though. Closer they look like they have that paint, brush on them.

kolli

Think his Nike deal expired and he's now playing in blackout Puma boots.
Could very well imagine that he will soon sign with RocNation after finally getting some recognition - Jay Z is also involved with Puma and already signed Bailly, Rashford, De Bruyne & Lukaku so Martial would very well fit in

Either way, he's incredible and could play barefoot for all I care

Lewnited

Quiet first half, but exploded in to life as the game went on. What I like about him even beyond the obvious stuff is just how well he looks after the ball. His hold up play is excellent and he links up well with pretty much every one of the first teamers.
His weight of pass is also very good when linking up, which is something even some of our better players like Rashford and Bruno often struggle with. When you combine all of his attributes I struggle to see many better CFs in the league so I'm chuffed we managed to retain him!

Reactions: Penna

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So sweet to finally see him realising his potential. His inconsistency was really starting to become a problem until Ole came in and gave him a run of games through the middle. That and an improved team around him as worked wonders. I can see him challenging for Golden Boot next season if we sign Sancho.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So sweet to finally see him realising his potential. His inconsistency was really starting to become a problem until Ole came in and gave him a run of games through the middle. That and an improved team around him as worked wonders. I can see him challenging for Golden Boot next season if we sign Sancho.
I thought it was Sanchoff? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.