Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

:lol: whatever man I'm not arguing with you.
If you want to keep your head up your arse work away.

The rest of us see him for what he is. A lazy passenger of a player.

This is the Martial thread so its about him. Waste of time comparing him to Rashford.
You said probably the laziest in our history, I pointed out a player in our current squad that is lazier.
Let's not turn this into a Rashford vs Martial debate. He has already been torn to shreds in his thread, same like Martial.
I don't think a player performance thread has been this active since Rashford vs Newcastle away last season(scratch that, Pogba's threads are always active). I think this performance by Martial was the straw that broke the camel's back for most.
We are not bringing any striker/winger this window and Cavani is 33. So, he still has time to turn this around. Us fans are fickle, after all. But we need a striker and winger in the summer, if we ever have plans of being serious.
I'm in agreement that he needs dropping given his last outing and general form this season, barring December. But there's no need for lies like "laziest player in our history" or insults like "cnuts" that some morons have been spouting.

Olecurls99

Except that's just not true.

Yes, the season we signed Zlatan his form dropped significantly. But that was also the season he had serious personal issues when he broke up with his wife/girlfriend and mother of his child and she went very public with it, plus it was the first full season he was playing on the left. Both of those are more likely to have been impacting him rather than Zlatan being signed in itself.

When we signed Lukaku he spent the first half of that season as our best left winger. He literally started that season with 5 goals and 5 assists in the first 370 minutes (equivalent of 4 games) he played . Mourinho kept trying to drop him for Rashford purely because he liked Rashford more, but eventually even he had to admit that Martial was playing better and helping the team perform better so installed him as first choice. For a month or two then Martial was our simply best attacker.

At that point we signed Sanchez and forced him into the team by moving and dropping Martial, despite the fact Sanchez never got remotely close to how Martial was playing. Yes he was poor when he was played on the right, but he only got the chance to play about four games on the left again that season. He was poor in a couple of them but he was also good in a couple of them, but then got dropped straight away again so couldn't get a run despite Sanchez stinking up the place. The following season Mourinho was about to get fired and finally gave him a run of games again in desperation, and Martial (along with Pogba) dragged our team to victories and kept him in the job.

This season his form has obviously plummeted so I guess there's a chance it's related to Cavani, but I doubt it. I don't think any of the other three examples are a good testament to it. For me it's more likely he just started the season in very poor form and then unfortunately hasn't been mentally strong enough to dig himself out of it. Which is obviously a big problem in it's own right.
Great summation. He'll come good again

lex talionis

I've been a watching a YouTube video of Ole's goals for United.

If Martial had half the heart of Ole (the player, that is), he could have been a United legend. We know the talent, but my God he has the heart of a sloth, constantly sulking about the pitch slumped over like someone had just stolen his puppy.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why the constant bashing? The same poster will be talking about how crap Martial is 7 times a day, saying absolutely nothing new.

He is likely not good enough for a starting number 9 but you can still enjoy the player whilst he is here. if Ole wants him here he will stay and if he doesnt he will go. Simple as that.

keener

That's a contender for worst post of the year already. Martial doesn't have the quality to play for us... :lol:. He's possibly our most talented attacker ffs.
That response is just comical.

I took a beating in here on Monday for suggesting Martial doesn't have the quality to lead our lines. This was just another display in a long line of displays that disgust me. Between his attitude and his lack of being a well rounded player, I'm just finished watching him pout around the park. I've wanted him out of the side for 6 months now and I'm hopeful Ole will limit his minutes and give them ALL to Cavani.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The Sheffield United game was so bad that Daniel James starting over him in that match would actually help us to avoid defeat against Sheffield United at least. This guy has been playing in here for years and have watched fellow attackers like Rooney, Cavani & Bruno play, how he still doesn’t understand what work rate means is beyond me. Hope Greenwood knows which players he should look at as set of example.

Hawks2008

Martial's form is on Ole, doesn't he know how unfair it is on Martial to have another striker to compete with :mad: Poor Martial had to endure evil men like Zlatan and Lukaku and when he finally is rid of them he now he is expected to compete with a 34 year old Cavani :( No wonder he plays with no heart!

RedIan

That response is just comical.

I took a beating in here on Monday for suggesting Martial doesn't have the quality to lead our lines. This was just another display in a long line of displays that disgust me. Between his attitude and his lack of being a well rounded player, I'm just finished watching him pout around the park. I've wanted him out of the side for 6 months now and I'm hopeful Ole will limit his minutes and give them ALL to Cavani.
Pointless having talent if you dont apply it. Talent is wasted if you are lazy and passionless.
The same conversations on Martial,s attitude and work rate have been revolving for years. Time for a change.

Member 101269

The Sheffield United game was so bad that Daniel James starting over him in that match would actually help us to avoid defeat against Sheffield United at least. This guy has been playing in here for years and have watched fellow attackers like Rooney, Cavani & Bruno play, how he still doesn’t understand what work rate means is beyond me. Hope Greenwood knows which players he should look at as set of example.
There are apologists and the finger pointers.

He is talented going forward; the video of him in game against SU was akin to having a fan on the pitch in disbelief where they are and observing players.. All it needed was AM with his phone taking a selfie and or going live on some social media platform.

The irony of that moment comes as PP said some players were cheating the club, the fans and the manager. I would drop him..

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure where to best play him. He doesn’t look great on the left

MattofManchester

He's a seriously nothing player these days.

Left side completely disappeared once he came on and Shaw had to do it himself.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Should never had came on. Pointless sub. Bring Beek on or Greenwood. Players that actually want to prove something.
Get this guy outta here.

el3mel

It was better than Sheffield United. I mean at least he put some efforts in there. Quality is shit though.

Jev

He didn't do much wrong and was probably our best attacker today. The abuse he's getting can't come from proper fans, some of you lot in the match-day thread are an embarrassment.

mav_9me

He didn't do much.

Should have been Greenwood on for McT. With what we did we ended up with both right and left wings dead. And completely dependent on Shaw for creativity. Sigh.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Probably would have scored if Cavani left the cross for him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was much better today, I appreciated the effort. But his dribbling ability is no longer exist anymore, not just one game, this whole season, never the same player as last season anymore. Feels like I was screaming for Grealish at one point today.

RuudtheRed

People just want to bash him regardless of his actual contribution to today's game. At least we should be able to recognize that he got in the box regularly and teed up Shaw to fire in the game's best cross for Cavani to skew it wide. If Cavani had left AWB's cross for him he may have been the matchwinner. He did as well as the rest of the attacking players today. No one is saying he was prime Thierry Henry out there but to say the left side disappeared when he came on is just bending reality because some posters hate our own player.

LJJT

Tried his best but rashford gets all the forward balls and hogs it to death so limited what he can do

Status
Not open for further replies.