Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Where have you read that’s how his contract is broken down?
Because literally all contracts have bonuses written into them. Goal bonuses, assist bonuses, appearance bonuses, the list goes on. Bruno for example was said to have a 75k basic, rising to 150 depending on bonuses. It's no secret that the media reports the highest possible fee. E.g. Amad costing us 37M or Bruno being 60M or Martial being 55M.

Frank White

Because literally all contracts have bonuses written into them. Goal bonuses, assist bonuses, appearance bonuses, the list goes on. Bruno for example was said to have a 75k basic, rising to 150 depending on bonuses. It's no secret that the media reports the highest possible fee. E.g. Amad costing us 37M or Bruno being 60M or Martial being 55M.
I've seen you reply multiple times now saying how Martial isn't on 250k a week yet never provide any evidence to suggest he's not. What's to say the 250k isn't his base wage? Wouldn't be to far of a stretch considering you're talking about a club that's gave ridiculous wages to players before i.e Alexis.

Raven

I've seen you reply multiple times now saying how Martial isn't on 250k a week yet never provide any evidence to suggest he's not. What's to say the 250k isn't his base wage? Wouldn't be to far of a stretch considering you're talking about a club that's gave ridiculous wages to players before i.e Alexis.
So he's the only top level player in the last 20 odd years not to have bonuses attached to his contract? Or maybe the media go easy on him... which would seem odd, given all of the evidence to the contrary. What's more likely is that both himself and Rashford are on identical contracts with a basic of 150 - 180k and the potential to earn 80 - 100k in bonuses.

OmarUnited4ever

So he's the only top level player in the last 20 odd years not to have bonuses attached to his contract? Or maybe the media go easy on him... which would seem odd, given all of the evidence to the contrary. What's more likely is that both himself and Rashford are on identical contracts with a basic of 150 - 180k and the potential to earn 80 - 100k in bonuses.
We don't know how much exactly his wages are, but we know he is one of the top earners in the club alongside De Gea, Pogba & Rashford, and assuming we want sell him, clubs would be wary due to his high wages.

However i couldn't care less about his wages, i care more about his performances and i think we should consider bringing a new striker who's better and Martial either becomes a squad option or is moved on.

Raven

We don't know how much exactly his wages are, but we know he is one of the top earners in the club alongside De Gea, Pogba & Rashford, and assuming we want sell him, clubs would be wary due to his high wages.

However i couldn't care less about his wages, i care more about his performances and i think we should consider bringing a new striker who's better and Martial either becomes a squad option or is moved on.
This is a reasonable take. I'm not sure should he be moved on or not but his form is a huge concern. People just keep on repeating 250k when I seem to remember it being 180k when he signed it initially. I mean do people think he can bag 300 - 350k on a good week? Because he can't, otherwise that's the figure that would have been reported.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Does Martial even have a future at the club at this moment in time? He was dropped before he got injured, and Cavani is showing us what we've been missing when we play Martial as a 9.

Are there any promising number 9s left in the game? Other than Halaand, that is.

SAF is the GOAT

Does Martial even have a future at the club at this moment in time? He was dropped before he got injured, and Cavani is showing us what we've been missing when we play Martial as a 9.

Are there any promising number 9s left in the game? Other than Halaand, that is.
I'm sure there are plenty but not as good as the names we are hearing in the media. You could go on a type of striker like Andre Silva for instance but he's only a potential and not PL proven. We need a proven striker now and not for later.

Mr Smith

I think it will be hard to find a buyer for him and hard to replace him this summer. So yes, I think he still does have a future here, especially if Cavani doesn't extend for another year. But it's very much last chance saloon. If he doesn't improve significantly next season he could be shipped out as early as January 2022.

lex talionis

I hear the Glazers are super fond of Martial but even after this season they'd be open to replacing him if the opportunity arose.
I hope you heard correctly, but I don’t see anyone coming in this summer with an offer for Martial.

He could be a useful backup for Rashford next season but hopefully we can offload Martial season after next.

crossy1686

career ending
I hope you heard correctly, but I don’t see anyone coming in this summer with an offer for Martial.

He could be a useful backup for Rashford next season but hopefully we can offload Martial season after next.
At £240k a week, that's £40k more a week than Rashford makes, I don't know how we can keep him past next season if he doesn't pull a 20 goal + season out of his arse next year.

Matt851

At £240k a week, that's £40k more a week than Rashford makes, I don't know how we can keep him past next season if he doesn't pull a 20 goal + season out of his arse next year.
We should get rid of him but can see us being lumbered with him for some time due to that contract

Zen86

The ability is there, but he probably just needs a fresh start elsewhere at this point. He’s always been a confidence player and he’s looked like his is shot to bits this season. I can see him really having a resurgence of form if he moved to the right club, a bit like Lingard. Being scrutinised and pressured as much as you are at Manchester United just isn’t for everyone.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The ability is there, but he probably just needs a fresh start elsewhere at this point. He’s always been a confidence player and he’s looked like his is shot to bits this season. I can see him really having a resurgence of form if he moved to the right club, a bit like Lingard. Being scrutinised and pressured as much as you are at Manchester United just isn’t for everyone.
That’s definitely possible. At which point his fan club will be un-fecking-bearable.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His fan club? Do you mean United fans? I mean honestly how is being a fan of one of our own players being used as a put down?
I don’t mean all United fans, no. Surely you’re familiar with the concept of some fans getting emotionally over-invested in certain individual players? As far as Martial is concerned they even had a daft name for themselves!

Raven

I don’t mean all United fans, no. Surely you’re familiar with the concept of some fans getting emotionally over-invested in certain individual players? As far as Martial is concerned they even had a daft name for themselves!
Cool, so you're basically using the fact that people like to support Martial (one of our players, just to remind you again) as a way of putting them down. Very cool.

stevoc

To be fair most players have their own group of overly emotional fans who will passionately defend them and seem to take criticism of those players almost personally. Martial, Bailly, Lingard and Fred all have them.

Not sure about the daft group nicknames though.

lex talionis

We may have to accept a fire sale price to offload Martial due to the contract.

What his fans need to realize is how corrosive the impact of his lethargic, tumescent play has on team performance. If you have 9 players working hard to get the ball into a sweet spot and one player is sitting on his arse, that’s not a good thing. Whatever the cause of the lack of interest we need to move on, whether that means relegating him to squad rotation or finding another home for him.

Raven

What his fans need to realize is how corrosive the impact of his lethargic, tumescent play has on team performance. If you have 9 players working hard to get the ball into a sweet spot and one player is sitting on his arse, that’s not a good thing. Whatever the cause of the lack of interest we need to move on, whether that means relegating him to squad rotation or finding another home for him.
Fire sale price :lol: Why on earth would we do that?

Frank White

Cool, so you're basically using the fact that people like to support Martial (one of our players, just to remind you again) as a way of putting them down. Very cool.
Jesus Christ not everything is a attack on precious Martial ffs. Literally all are popular players like Pogba, Rashford, De Gea etc all have these type of "fans" they're fans of the player more than the club and take any slight on X player as a personal attack on them, bit like what you're doing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Whatever happens himself and Rashford either need to be broken up or majorly change their game together. Both of them walking around does nothing for us unless we are set up to counter.

Slight pity as Martial was showing some decent form just as Rashford was beginning to look totally shot. It’s been that kind of a season for us though

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Whatever happens himself and Rashford either need to be broken up or majorly change their game together. Both of them walking around does nothing for us unless we are set up to counter.

Slight pity as Martial was showing some decent form just as Rashford was beginning to look totally shot. It’s been that kind of a season for us though
Rashford has improved year on year, while carrying major injuries. Martial has been largely average apart from the back end of one season. I find it really hard to justify his position anymore.

Raven

Jesus Christ not everything is a attack on precious Martial ffs. Literally all are popular players like Pogba, Rashford, De Gea etc all have these type of "fans" they're fans of the player more than the club and take any slight on X player as a personal attack on them, bit like what you're doing.
If you took the time to read what I wrote, I said he was using some fans support of Martial as a stick to beat those fans with.

lex talionis

It may well be that there’s something gone wrong in Anthony’s personal life and that an arm around the shoulder now will pay huge dividends next season. But we supporters can’t know what’s gone wrong with a footballer whose talent is undeniable but whose application on the pitch has been abysmal this season.

Ole must know whether Anthony still wants to be a United footballer and the root cause of his disastrous season. If he wants to leave, let’s make it happen. If he wants to stay, he better show some serious intent in pre-season training.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It may well be that there’s something gone wrong in Anthony’s personal life and that an arm around the shoulder now will pay huge dividends next season. But we supporters can’t know what’s gone wrong with a footballer whose talent is undeniable but whose application on the pitch has been abysmal this season.

Ole must know whether Anthony still wants to be a United footballer and the root cause of his disastrous season. If he wants to leave, let’s make it happen. If he wants to stay, he better show some serious intent in pre-season training.
No better manager than Ole to put the arm around the shoulder but I’d say he’s got a ruthless steak too. I can’t say anything about Martials private life recently but I do know he’s had some fairly well publicised troubles in the past. I think it a just more likely scenario that Cavanis arrival like Zlatan and Sanchez put his nose out of joint, again. That’s not a good enough mentality for a top club. You need to be on it every day. Hopefully he comes back to top form again but at this rate of going I wouldn’t be too sad to sell if someone was willing to pay his wages. We need more leaders and fighters. We’ve been too soft as a team and too nice as an organisation with underperforming players for too long.

MattofManchester

It seems that some people are more supportive of the player than the club.
Theres no doubting that Martial's job as a footballer is performance based. He delivers the performance necessary, the club keeps him on. I'm sure many of us understand the feeling of what being in a performance based role is about. And it is ruthless. You don't perform, you're out the door. That seems quite forgotten.

He's now 25. The potential theory is dead. In 6 years here, he's been mired with inconsistency, and people tend to overrated the period of form he had which lasted about 17 games, before he started falling off the wagon. Something around the Copenhagen game is when he fell off a cliff.
Frankly, we should be looking to move on. He's probably not gone this summer, but onwards and we need to keep shipping the players who cannot succeed here out the door.

TrustInOle

The fact he bagged 23 goals last season and only Rashford and Bruno have scored consistently in this weird season, he deserves a chance to show if he can find the same level next year, especially if Cavani sticks around. If we lose Cavani, pressure is on though admittedly.

Threesus

The fact he bagged 23 goals last season and only Rashford and Bruno have scored consistently in this weird season, he deserves a chance to show if he can find the same level next year, especially if Cavani sticks around. If we lose Cavani, pressure is on though admittedly.
I still don’t know how his form fell off so much. I haven’t heard of any major injury or anything, so it is just baffling. The last time he was this bad, was when he was having relationship problems.

He has to step up next season. I still find it funny that Joel Glazer called martial, United’s Pele. Shows how much our owners know about the sport.

OL29

It seems that some people are more supportive of the player than the club.
People only say this when they see a player they dislike getting support from fans. I don’t think there’s a player in our squad who doesn’t have staunch supporters but I only ever see this said about Pogba and Martial. Such a weird criticism.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We miss him as an option yes, losing Cavani and hoping Martial rediscovers his form next season though would be suicide

flappyjay

Why are people against a player turning their performances around? We hoped Martial would replicate his form from last season and it didn't work out. It would only benefit the club if he turns it around sort of like how Shaw has turned it around no? If he gets sold good luck to him.

Red_toad

We miss him as an option yes, losing Cavani and hoping Martial rediscovers his form next season though would be suicide
Unfortunately we’d be struggling for buyers as he’s on big wages and he’ll sulk if what he sees as his spot in the team is taken by another. Be interesting to see how Ole manages him.

Dante

Average bang
He's good for about 10 league goals per season. Last season he overperformed, this season he underperformed. But averaging it out, it still comes to about 10.

2015/16 - 11
2016/17 - 4
2017/18 - 9
2018/19 - 10
2019/20 - 17
2020/21 - 4

OmarUnited4ever

No better manager than Ole to put the arm around the shoulder but I’d say he’s got a ruthless steak too. I can’t say anything about Martials private life recently but I do know he’s had some fairly well publicised troubles in the past. I think it a just more likely scenario that Cavanis arrival like Zlatan and Sanchez put his nose out of joint, again. That’s not a good enough mentality for a top club. You need to be on it every day. Hopefully he comes back to top form again but at this rate of going I wouldn’t be too sad to sell if someone was willing to pay his wages. We need more leaders and fighters. We’ve been too soft as a team and too nice as an organisation with underperforming players for too long.

I understand in the past Zalatan & Sanchez arrivals impacted him and we might argue that JM didn't treat Martial fairly.

But Ole treated Martial as the club's number one striker/CF, he scored 23 goals last season, this season Cavani was brought in on a 1 year deal to be Martial's cover, not Martial's competition, Martial actually started majority of the games that he was available for until he was dropped and Cavani was the preferred option.

What I'm trying to say is Cavani's arrival isn't the cause for Martial's shit season. He knew that Ole considered him the starting Striker in the team

Brightonian

In his absence the rest of our attack has steadily transformed into a much more high-energy unit. With Bruno, Greenwood and Cavani all on the pitch the press is intense and the attack direct whenever possible. I think he would look more out of place now than he did when he got injured. Not a criticism of his quality, which is undeniable, just an observation about his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.