Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Apparently has tested positive for COVID.
Gutted if true.

Covid is going to cripple a lot of teams this season. Their will be teams where they have 4/5 key players get covid all at once meaning they’ll be out for 2 weeks all together.

Walters_19_MuFc

First proper season up top with a decent team around him. If he can stay injury free, I back him to score 20 plus in the league.

dablem_10

even if he is tested positive, for person in his fitness, usually he would have no covid, just positive test, in one week he can be back. Much better to create immunity now than during season if covid tweet is true. I wouldnt see it as kind of setback. For most people its same like getting flu which is absolutelly normal for any kind of player.

Eli Zee

Hopefully we can replace him with a real centre forward this season or we will win nothing again
While i agree as Manchester United we should have a super striker.. we need one world class striker at least - Like mbappe, Ronaldo, Kane, Aguero, lewandoski, etc. we've always had a star striker on the squad - in fact, SAF and MUFC always had multiple really amazing strikers until SAF retired.

Martial has done amazing as a striker This season and I hope he can build on it if he sees himself as a CF. Personally, I think we'd be better bringing in a new world class striker and rotate martial at ST / start on LW.

Quinzaine

Hi guys, could anyone here please translate this? I know it's a big ask because he talks for over a minute but apparently it's a question regarding Martial and Mbappe's suitably playing together and would love to know what he says in a little bit more detail than the very brief translations I've come across so far. Thank you!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hi guys, could anyone here please translate this? I know it's a big ask because he talks for over a minute but apparently it's a question regarding Martial and Mbappe's suitably playing together and would love to know what he says in a little bit more detail than the very brief translations I've come across so far. Thank you!

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Question basically asked if Martial and Mbappe could play together in a 352 system and what are their similarity and differences.

Deschamps responded by saying that Martial and Mbappe won't have any issue playing together. They both can play from the wing or from the middle. He mentioned that they both have the ability to drift from the sides. He says Martial can play in the middle or on the left wing while Mbappe can play in the middle or on both wings.

He then said that while Martial and Mbappe aren't your traditional center forward, they still have the ability to play there as different type of CF. Says that they are similar in the sense that they both have pace while Martial could be seen as to have more power than Mbappe(has to do with hold up play and back to goal plays). He also mentioned that Martial is more clinical/comfortable in front of goals than Mbappe as a strength Martial could have over Mbappe while Mbappe has the ability to make a difference and is the more dangerous player in space.

That's basically the gist of it.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Question basically asked if Martial and Mbappe could play together in a 352 system and what are their similarity and differences.

Deschamps responded by saying that Martial and Mbappe won't have any issue playing together. They both can play from the wing or from the middle. He mentioned that they both have the ability to drift from the sides. He says Martial can play in the middle or on the left wing while Mbappe can play in the middle or on both wings.

He then said that while Martial and Mbappe aren't your traditional center forward, they still have the ability to play there as different type of CF. Says that they are similar in the sense that they both have pace while Martial could be seen as to have more power than Mbappe(has to do with holding play and back to goal plays). He also mentioned that Martial is more clinical/comfortable in front of goals than Mbappe as a strength Martial could have over Mbappe while Mbappe has the ability to make a difference and is the more dangerous player in space.

Thanks that’s a much better translation. Sounds pretty positive for our Tony. I actually think Martial and Mbappe could be devastating together, especially with Pogba feeding them.

Quinzaine

He then said that while Martial and Mbappe aren't your traditional center forward, they still have the ability to play there as different type of CF. Says that they are similar in the sense that they both have pace while Martial could be seen as to have more power than Mbappe(has to do with hold up play and back to goal plays). He also mentioned that Martial is more clinical/comfortable in front of goals than Mbappe as a strength Martial could have over Mbappe while Mbappe has the ability to make a difference and is the more dangerous player in space.

Thanks a lot, sounds good. I always got the impression from hearing Deschamps talk that he rated Martial highly and has said that he's been unfortunate to miss out on the last few squads due to injuries/lack of game time. Really hope Martial starts at least one of the games next week and does well. Fan bias aside I think he's a great option for them and I think France will find themselves a Martial that they haven't seen before given how he's improved over the last few months.

Rolaholic

5 years ago...

One of Van Gaals best decisions as United manager.

Can't wait to see him build on his best season this season

romufc

Martial has regressed. There have been many players in this league who have flattered to deceive.
Are you sure you are watching the same Manutd games as the rest of us? Martial was almost unplayable post lockdown. He is our POTY. Regressed? he is 24, had his best goal scoring season?

Can you explain how he had regressed?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Are you sure you are watching the same Manutd games as the rest of us? Martial was almost unplayable post lockdown. He is our POTY. Regressed? he is 24, had his best goal scoring season?

Can you explain how he had regressed?
He cannot score the type of goals he scored against Liverpool 3-1 a few years ago. He lacks speed and guile. His acceleration is pure but his speed, awareness, and instincts have been blunted.

romufc

He cannot score the type of goals he scored against Liverpool 3-1 a few years ago. He lacks speed and guile. His acceleration is pure but his speed, awareness, and instincts have been blunted.
Did you see the goals against Fulham 2 seasons ago?
Did you see the goal against Southampton?
Did you see the goal against Brugge?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What have you been watching?

Cloud7

Look forward to seeing him build on the last season.

Gythio

I'm sorry but this is absurd. The team's needs are greater than that of a forwards need to 'stat pad'. Is this so fans can win arguments on Twitter? Because I'm struggling to see what purpose it serves.

Bruno is our best penalty taker. Who cares if our forwards score fewer goals if the team ultimately gains more points. It blows my mind fans can't see this. Are we supporting players or the club?
An argument could be made that if strikers get to take the penalties and score, it'll boost their confidence and might lead to them scoring even more goals. Of course now that i'm typing this out i realised that the same could be said about midfielders and assists, so i guess i agree with you in the end. The best PK-taker takes the penalties.

romufc

An argument could be made that if strikers get to take the penalties and score, it'll boost their confidence and might lead to them scoring even more goals. Of course now that i'm typing this out i realised that the same could be said about midfielders and assists, so i guess i agree with you in the end. The best PK-taker takes the penalties.
We missed a penalty against Palace and Wolves early on. If we score we win both games. I would rather get a taker who will score most of his penalties.

Bruno is not naive either, he knows when a player lacks confidence, like the game against Bournemouth he let Rashford take the penalty for confidence.

Gythio

Bruno is not naive either, he knows when a player lacks confidence, like the game against Bournemouth he let Rashford take the penalty for confidence.
That is a very good point and another reason why Bruno should be the first choice. Not many players are that selfless and aware of others confidence i think.

Rolaholic

Quite looking forward to seeing how they develop an understanding on the pitch together

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With opinions like these it's no wonder our players get abuse on social media all the time. Utterly bonkers.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Speaking of Martial and France, what's the likely line up to start for the game against Sweden @JPRouve

BlahRules

Giroud will finally stop being the focal point and allow France to flourish properly.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Giroud will finally stop being the focal point and allow France to flourish properly.
One would think that should be the case but Deschamps likes him and strikes him as loyal to his players. But then again Giroud is like 50 year old now, one would think it's time to start bedding in fresh and young blood.

BlahRules

One would think that should be the case but Deschamps likes him and strikes him as loyal to his players. But then again Giroud is like 50 year old now, one would think it's time to start bedding in fresh and young blood.
If Giroud is still playing then he needs to get the sack. It took Low awhile to understand that he needs to start picking the new generation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Speaking of Martial and France, what's the likely line up to start for the game against Sweden @JPRouve
I have no idea. My guess would be:

---------------------Giroud
Martial-------Griezmann-----Mbappé
--------------Kanté--------Sissoko
Lucas-----Lenglet-Varane----Dubois
---------------------Lloris

And for people who are continuously talking about Giroud, he has been good for France last year and has been good for Chelsea after the Covid break.

yan man utd

We have far greater problems outside of the forwards in our squad

The biggest problem was getting the ball to these gifted players in the right positions.That has been addressed by the presence of Bruno..
However he should not be charged with that responsibility, because despite his immense drive and ability it is too predictable. Yes then we have Pogba and nicely done - vdbeek

but we still need other areas addressing - martial converts the vast majority of his opportunities and we have greenwood and Rashford who can easily go up top in an injury situation

we want footballers than can play - I’m not interested in out and out strikers who will undermine martial-
Let’s face it - he is brilliant. His technical ability is probably the best in the entire squad- we cannot undermine that. He is similar to pele. He can do everything- just give him the service

a decent defence, aggressive goalkeeper and dominant midfield which doesn’t get overwhelmed - these are the foundations to maximise our attack. We wouldnt swap Rashford, Greenwood or Martial for anyone

let’s watch them take control!

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I have no idea. My guess would be:

---------------------Giroud
Martial-------Griezmann-----Mbappé
--------------Kanté--------Sissoko
Lucas-----Lenglet-Varane----Dubois
---------------------Lloris

And for people who are continuously talking about Giroud, he has been good for France last year and has been good for Chelsea after the Covid break.
I'm talking more in terms of age. Isn't he like 35 or 36? Surely he isn't going to be France starting striker at the next big tournament, and if that's the case one would think Deschamps would start looking at his next starting striker. I could see Giroud starting the upcoming Euro since it's just next year but beyond that would be a stretch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm talking more in terms of age. isn't he like 35 or 36? Surely he isn't going to be France starting striker at the next big tournament, and if that's the case one would think Deschamps would start looking at his next starting striker. I could see Giroud starting the upciming Euro since it's just next year but beyond that would be a stretch.
He is 33 and Deschamps always give a chance to someone else but those players have to out perform Giroud which hasn't happened. It's not as if Deschamps isn't always looking for new players.

yan man utd

I mean - to be honest any team with a decent defender (in the air) would lick his lips looking at giroud

I know he was part of the World Cup winning team but give me a break- you play Mbappe, griezmann and martial... and/ or a whole host of more more mobile players that really scare defenders

giroud is a journeyman who carved out a decent career by scoring goals against lesser opposition by being surrounded by brilliant technical players

he is not rubbish he ain’t great either!

Last edited:

dev1l

Martial has 18 caps for French senior team. When he gets 25 caps, Monaco will get another10 million if I m not wrong

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial has 18 caps for French senior team. When he gets 25 caps, Monaco will get another10 million if I m not wrong
I think some of those closes where supposed to happen within a specific time frame for them to be activated if I'm not mistaken, and I think the time has already expired.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Giroud still starting ahead of him. Yawn.
So predictable. Sounds crazy to say about World Cup winners but I really think Deshamps is terrible. Such a negative manager who has easily the best pool of talent in the world.

AshRK

So predictable. Sounds crazy to say about World Cup winners but I really think Deshamps is terrible. Such a negative manager who has easily the best pool of talent in the world.
They won the wc not because of Deschamos but in spite of him. Poor manager who likes to play boring pragmatic football.

Status
Not open for further replies.