Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

Needs to be dropped. Absolutely cant justify starting him over Cavani or Greenwood anymore
He is our 3rd best CF

Raven

Very quiet, didn't get involved much. Rashford, James and Bruno were so bad that I can hardly blame him for it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Stumbles around alot
Loses the ball when its played into him alot
Always on the backfoot
Does everything at half pace

Same old Rubbish again. Cavani should 100% be starting over him.

el3mel

Sorry, Anthony, but I can't think of a single reason why you should be starting ahead of Cavani at the moment.

Matt851

Very poor today although sure there will be some martial fanboy nutjob on to tell me he was great

Cavani must be our first choice striker going forward

acnumber9

Very quiet, didn't get involved much. Rashford, James and Bruno were so bad that I can hardly blame him for it.
Rashford and Bruno scored goals. What did Martial do? Hide. Rashford and Bruno, playing poorly or not, impact games because they’re always getting involved and trying things.

Park's Petrified Pooch

I thought he had a good game. His movement was good, he was picking up nice pockets of spaces and progressing the play. Probably in our top 3 performers for me. How he's getting slaughtered in the match day thread and here is beyond me. Certainly wasn't a performance worthy of being described as dreadful, rubbish, and worthy of being dropped.

Raven

Why is that laughable? I am looking forward to see what excuses will be cooked up for him today.
As you can see above, I have already given my opinion on his performance. It's laughable because Greenwood, whilst a big talent has lots to do before he's anywhere near as good as Martial. Cavani is great but offers different things to Martial. I feel Cavani is the back up because our style is heavily based around Martial holding up the ball and linking up play which nobody else in the tewam can do.

Superunknown

He is one of those players who we will always think "next season will be the one for him" or will get a run of goals, but then have considerable time either side of that where he doesn't score. Before we know it, he'll be 30 and we'll be in the exact same situation with him then as we are now.

If we have the option to sign a top quality centre forward in the Summer window, we need to do it. I want to like this player and there are some elements of his game that I like, but he was so ineffectual today. For what we need in that position, we need more. Considering who we have had in this position over the years, this is a huge downgrade in quality.

Frank White

I'm sorry but what a pathetic excuse for a performance that was equally as pathetic. Outside of that one nice run he was shocking.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he was poor and never looked dangerous. When Cavani came on we looked so much livelier, the first thing he did was chase the GK down and force an error which Martial would never have done.

OL29

Rubbish player with a worse attitude.

The sooner we get a proper replacement for him the better.
You do know that not every game is down to a bad attitude right? There is such thing as form.
And as far as him being a rubbish player, that’s laughable and I’m pretty sure you know that.

Kammy26

He’s so static its unbelievable and seems to have lost the ability to beat a man. He needs to be dropped for a couple of games and then when he comes back he needs to be on the left competing with Rashford maybe he’ll learn how to beat a man again being out there.

He’s never a 9 for any top side, look at the difference when Cavani came on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Without wanting to be overly critical on the back of a poor performance or lacklustre start to the season, he's a player who screams "won't be a starting CF for a title winning side".

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
This a very simplistic opinion and whereas it may seem common sense to you, it is very outdated and no longer common. Here, Euro '12 finali - Spain Vs Italy deployed Pep's tactics from Barca. Then Pep was playing Cesc as a 9 to fill in for Messi. Spain boasting traditional strikers in Torres, Llorente and Negredo, instead chose to play a modern 9 in Cesc. Italy played a traditional 9 in Ballo and an SS in Cassano. The finali ended 4 - 0, with Italy being outclassed.

The game has progressed so much now with keepers initiating attacks through slow build-ups. It's no longer the time of hoofing it up to your big striker to flick it on as Bielsa recently mocked in his press conference.
How'd that simplistic view work out for you in view of today and the multiple other times it has happened and will continue to happen?

Red_toad

:lol: Oh feck off with that shite

Plays well against shite defences and vanishes when he’s up against players who can actually mark him. That’s the story of his season thus far. Bar 1 decent run and an offside goal, I’m really struggling for what he contributed.

el3mel

Cavani is 33 so we don't know how many minutes he can do at this intensity. Tony is only 25 and has shown he can play runs of games in a row
And Cavani is better in pretty much every single aspect that matters. Age means nothing.

Nope, Cavani should be our main striker in the league.

Last edited:

Real Name

He of course isn't rubbish as some stay but Cavani should be starting instead of him right now.

Today even his movement wasn't really good, look leggy out there and wasn't ending up in dangerous situations.

2 times he tried a first time shot in situations where he really shouldn't have.

Cavani absolutely must and deserves to start vs Wolves.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
You do know that not every game is down to a bad attitude right? There is such thing as form.
And as far as him being a rubbish player, that’s laughable and I’m pretty sure you know that.
You think his constant non movement off the ball is down to something else?

He's fecking useless for the majority of the season because he just doesn't do anything positive on the pitch at all in those games where he isn't scoring.

He's already 25, stop defending his inconsistent performance by saying he's still young and it's natural for him to be inconsistent. He should be starting to peak right now, not masquerading as the invisible man.

HowYouDoin

As you can see above, I have already given my opinion on his performance. It's laughable because Greenwood, whilst a big talent has lots to do before he's anywhere near as good as Martial. Cavani is great but offers different things to Martial. I feel Cavani is the back up because our style is heavily based around Martial holding up the ball and linking up play which nobody else in the tewam can do.
Now if anything is laughable its that.
We have no dependence on Martial cuz a) we dont play like that at all and b) you cant depend on him anyway.

Greenwood is a better finisher and Cavani is just a much better player and he always was.
I prefer both to Martial. Sure maybe you can argue Greenwood, he hasnt been great this year but Cavani is just plain better.
I just personally prefer Greenwood but I can understand preference for Martial too.

stubie

Another lazy performance, could get away with it if he had Berbatov’s technique

OL29

Without wanting to be overly critical on the back of a poor performance or lacklustre start to the season, he's a player who screams "won't be a starting CF for a title winning side".
This is fair, unfortunately. If we’re serious about winning the league, Martial’s too inconsistent to be an automatic starter.

Member 120012

Both Martial and Shaw were dreadful today. Shaw could trap a mince pie. Shaws ball control and passing is not premier league standard he wouldn't get away with some off the stuff i seen today in a pub team. Consequently we had no width today at all. Please ole give up on shaw and bench Martial for a while.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
When people start talking about a strikers movement but don't mention that movement yielded F all, (for example Vardy's movement created a goal for himself) then you know it's bad.

He is on how much per week? £250k pw? Strewth.

RuudtheRed

He’s so static its unbelievable and seems to have lost the ability to beat a man. He needs to be dropped for a couple of games and then when he comes back he needs to be on the left competing with Rashford maybe he’ll learn how to beat a man again being out there.

He’s never a 9 for any top side, look at the difference when Cavani came on.
Didn't he beat about 3 - 4 men early on in the game? :lol:

I don't think he was the problem today. For some reason we struggled to find the man in the final third and there were a lot of aimless long passes to the wings which Evans gobbled up all day long. The issue was the same when Cavani came on - the one time we broke the lines with Bailly's pass, he threaded it through for Bruno to score a good goal. Apart from that, we struggled to pass into the feet of the most advanced midfielder or striker.

Martial was unfortunate to be offside for his disallowed goal but it shows he is making the runs. The blame he gets for today's draw is ridiculous.

HowYouDoin

As soon as Cavani came on he pressed Leicester's defence and won possession. Put aside that Cavani is a much better player, just that difference in running, attitude and application is very significant.

Martial is just inconsistent with inconsistent effort. Cant start anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.