Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus 7

He's hurting the team, he was great at the end of last season. I'm sick of the lack of progression now, the hot and cold nature of Martial. I thought he was maturing last year but has regressed this season. It's not form now, it's half the season. Not good enough, doesn't have the minimum workrate now on the pitch now either. I've seen enough of Anthony, it's time to cash in. Marcus has up and downs but makes the difference in games, at the very least works for the team. The sulking tonight, the lack of threat and testing the keeper.

It's a shame but I only want the best for United. Try and upgrade in Summer, one class goal in 4 months won't trick most fans now.

NoPace

He’s not registered a single goal or assist playing as a winger this season.

In the 15 games he’s played striker he has 5 goals 7 assists in 1122 minutes.

That’s a goal or assist every 93.5 minutes he’s played as striker. I wonder where he’s most productive?
He's clearly stronger and slower this year, which is why he's improved at linking play with back to goal and isn't beating anyone. I think he should be below James as an LW option, but I also understand why he wanted to bulk up.

NoPace

PL football fans don't rate him. French fans don't rate him that highly. Only Utd fans seem to think he's good enough.

2 PL goals by the half way point. John Stones scored 2 the other day ffs.
I think he is good enough in a system that caters to him. We should sell him but not be surprised when like an Immobile, he ends up in a front 2 and does well for a team demanding less consistency and able to cater to his strengths and weaknesses, whereas here he's the #3 attacker behind Bruno and Rashford. If he went to say Inter if Martinez does go to Barca, or to Sevilla to replace En-Neysri or to Leipzig to play in a 4-2-2-2 or to Roma (whose front 3 are 34, 33 and 32 years old) and they can rebuild their attack around him he could have a fine run from 25-30 or so.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think he is good enough in a system that caters to him. We should sell him but not be surprised when like an Immobile, he ends up in a front 2 and does well for a team demanding less consistency and able to cater to his strengths and weaknesses, whereas here he's the #3 attacker behind Bruno and Rashford. If he went to say Inter if Martinez does go to Barca, or to Sevilla to replace En-Neysri or to Leipzig to play in a 4-2-2-2 or to Roma (whose front 3 are 34, 33 and 32 years old) and they can rebuild their attack around him he could have a fine run from 25-30 or so.
Don't agree. He's not got the movement in the box to be a top striker. Hes quick but he doesn't make good intelligent runs.

He's just an above average player for me. Our fans wildy exaggerate how good he is.

Rashford has apparently been 'terrible' yet has scored treble the amount of goals this season. Shows what I know eh?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I've officially given up on him now he needs to be replaced.

NoPace

Don't agree. He's not got the movement in the box to be a top striker. Hes quick but he doesn't make good intelligent runs.

He's just an above average player for me. Our fans wildy exaggerate how good he is.

Rashford has apparently been 'terrible' yet has scored treble the amount of goals this season. Shows what I know eh?
I'm assuming Martial will improve off the ball in the 2nd half of his 20s and once he happens upon the right manager and league for him. If the transfer offers this summer are for 25M i'd keep him and if they're for 50M I'd sell.

Rashford is obviously much better.

MiceOnMeth

I'm assuming Martial will improve off the ball in the 2nd half of his 20s and once he happens upon the right manager and league for him. If the transfer offers this summer are for 25M i'd keep him and if they're for 50M I'd sell.

Rashford is obviously much better.
He's only 25, can play striker and out wide and is premier League proven he's surely worth well north of 50 million.

luke511

Anyone notice he's always wearing a big long coat whilst he's training, whereas everyone else is wearing a fleece. It sounds like a daft thing to comment on but how is he going to play at 100% in cold weather when he can't hack it whilst he's training.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
After years of not challenging, now we're Top of the League. And he found it hard to motivate himself. feck. Me.

How's agent Conte doing nowadays?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Thank goodness we have Cavani. We should move on from Martial and get another proper centre forward in the summer. Martial isn’t a centre forward, he’s inconsistent, lazy and moody. That’s not the type of centre forward our team should be built around.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I raised this concern last year when he was playing well but, to me, he looks smaller and weaker now. When you look back at his 1st season here he was very strong and direct. It looks like he's lost that explosiveness.

The last time he played with said explosiveness was in the last 20 or so minutes in the Europa quarter final against Copenhagen.

NoPace

He's only 25, can play striker and out wide and is premier League proven he's surely worth well north of 50 million.
I dunno, 50M is in the Partey/Werner/Jota area, whereas Havertz and Dias went for 15-20M more but they're younger and higher upside and probably already as good as Martial. He's 1 in 25 for France. 50M feels about right to me.

lex talionis

But who exactly would spend 50m for Martial? No one in the PL, to be sure. If Tony persists with this dire form and we’re looking to offload him in the summer, we’d be lucky to get 25m fir him.

We may be better off keeping him as a squad player, the player who can do the job Dan James is expected to do.

Green_Red

Whenever a new striker with proven character, Zlatan and now Cavani, come into the team to challenge him for that #9 spot, he wobbles. I have faith in him though. Once he gets his rhythm going we will be singing his name again. But like Mourinho did, Ole has now started to push him back out to the left... not sure how he'll react, it didn't go down too well under Jose.

SAFMUTD

He's a really inconsistent player and he has some really low moments. This season has been dreadful, I wouldn't mind selling him to raise funds to go for another striker. We need a 20+ goals per season striker to get back to the top, Martial doesn't seem to be the guy for the job.

Don't get me wrong he's skillful and technical offers a lot to create chances but I think he lacks that killer instinct which is what top 9s have.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This season has been a nightmare for him really. He looked so sloppy on the ball, in that second half especially he played too many loose balls to nobody that ended in goal kicks. I don’t think the coaches know what to do with him at the moment, Cavani has taken his place and shown him up a bit, and moving him back to the left has done nobody any favours.

Tony247

Good business is to sell your players when you can still get good money back. United are unrealistically attached to their investment so much that they are willing to hold on to it even when the stock value is consistently dropping.

Giggs86

Play him in the EL/FA while resting and rotating Rashford and Cavani for the real important games in the league.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's not good enough to warrant a system catered to him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We cannot trust in Martial to be a consistent forward for United anymore. It's been too long, and I'm sick of him throwing his arms around when things don't work. He's unplayable on his day, but too often he's out of form.

We need a goalscoring CF and a RW to actually win the title, because we're not winning one as long as we depend on Martial to be clinical in the big moments.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Disappointing season so far, thought he would step up after very good last season. Even last season he was very good second half of the season, we really need him back to his best. Last season our attacking 3 had very good season, this season apart from Rashford other 2 struggled to put good numbers. Even Rashford is struggling and inconsistent.

Manowar

His form is terrible, couldn't do anything right. Best to use him as Cavani's backup until his confidence is back.
Still, I have complete trust his mojo will be back in the second half of the season, the ability is there, as always.
Football fans are the most entitled armchair experts though. Remember those thread where Shaw (fat and lazy), Pogba (virus), Baily (craze), Fred (headless chicken), De Gea (flapping hands) and Rashford (Rashford)... are harshly criticized and expected to be sold. Well, fortunately, those fans don't run the club management, neither do some in this thread.

He also played on the left in our last game. If it’s a choice between him or Rashford on the left that’s no competition. Martial goes on the bench. And that’s this season’s, shadow of his usual self, Rashford.
I don’t disagree with this, and I certainly don’t want a Martial vs Rashford debate. I’d pick Rashford every day of the week - but we need a squad of players, and players need to be rotated.

my simple point is that we don’t need to be selling someone every time they go through a sticky patch of form.

ash_86

I'd play Rashford at LW rest of the games . Games just seem to pass by Martial. He cannot hit a barn door at the moment.

manunited1919

Greenwood needs a run of games, so play Rashford on the left and rotate Martial for a few minutes each game, into LW, St, and RW.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It’s simple. We got him to bulk up to become a CF he did that and then has his best season.

He’s scoring and assisting every 93minutes as a CF but having no output as a winger.

Either play him as a CF or as a pair upfront or don’t play him. Rashford is the better LW player, Cavani is the better poacher but Martial is the better link up player for the team. Need to find the balance between game time for all of them without shafting them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It’s simple. We got him to bulk up to become a CF he did that and then has his best season.

He’s scoring and assisting every 93minutes as a CF but having no output as a winger.

Either play him as a CF or as a pair upfront or don’t play him. Rashford is the better LW player, Cavani is the better poacher but Martial is the better link up player for the team. Need to find the balance between game time for all of them without shafting them.
Martial has to do it on the wing. Up front, Cavani is just better overall.

keithsingleton

Much as I’d love Grealish, we need another quality CF, Cavani can’t play every single match, certainly not at the intensity he plays at.
Cavani short term fix so could possibly wait for Haaland.till the summer. :D Still think we need CB as main priority for me along with Grealish.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I dunno, 50M is in the Partey/Werner/Jota area, whereas Havertz and Dias went for 15-20M more but they're younger and higher upside and probably already as good as Martial. He's 1 in 25 for France. 50M feels about right to me.
his high wage will be the biggest stumbling block. Who's gonna pay him 250k/wk?

crossy1686

career ending
If we win something this season, it's in spite of Martial, not because he's contributed. I fancy Greenwood to get more goals at this rate.

Unless he's saving 15 goals for the last 15 games of the season we should seriously look to move him on in the summer. I don't think he can handle the competition for places.

crossy1686

career ending
Cavani short term fix so could possibly wait for Haaland.till the summer. :D Still think we need CB as main priority for me along with Grealish.
Cavani is younger than Vardy so we can definitely get another season out of him. Haaland won't be going anywhere this summer either, Dortmund won't sell him and Sancho together.

Jeffthered

I think over the next 18 months Ole will have a big decision to make regarding Martial.
Ha! 18 months? Big decision?

Get rid of this 'drifter'. We don't need him. He is a mid-table team No 9 at best. Poor attitude, limited ability and a game that simply is not developing. Guy has shown and continues to show nothing to suggest that he is the No 9 any really big, ambitious club needs.

Cavani has come in and highlighted how very-average he is.

OGS gave him a new improved contract!!!

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I've officially given up on him now he needs to be replaced.
I'm the same. For me the biggest concern is that despite training and playing with this group of players now for many years, he looks like he is on a completely different page to the others. Wouldn't surprise me to hear he doesn't integrate well in the dressing room,looks and plays like he aloof from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.