Foot: Right
Player Agent: USFA Management
Squad Number: #9
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Contract option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Jan 31, 2019
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

Next season Will be his international break out season no doubt about that.

lenny_1248

23+ goals in Premier League, 30+ goals in all competitions.
Just no injuries, please.

lsd

The Oracle
Hopefully we can replace him with a real centre forward this season or we will win nothing again

E-mal

Hopefully we can replace him with a real centre forward this season or we will win nothing again
Hopefully we can replace your posts with some decent cafe members this season, else you drag us into your cesspit posts and controversial comments.

Nep77

Expecting 30 Goals and 15 Assists this season in terms of number and in terms of performance to continue be our best player.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How is this still a thing?
Because people repeat what they see on TV, and it's all they've said about Martial this season.

"Great season, but something something Harry Kane..."

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I expect both his goals and assist numbers to shoot up, especially with Greenwood on the side. He isn't solely just a goalscorer but a creative player as well which bodes well for people playing around him. Hopefully this season he takes a few penalties to help with his goal tally. He wins loads of them and deserve to take some of them himself.

Him and Greenwood are the only ones not stat padding with penalties among our goalscorers.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not surprising that you like Lukaku, what it does show is you clearly don’t really watch football.

lsd

The Oracle
Not surprising that you like Lukaku, what it does show is you clearly don’t really watch football.

I have no problem with selling lukaku as long as he was replaced by a proper centre forward and that we did not do .

I would keep Martial in the team but not as our centre forward

Shark

@NotShark
I have no problem with selling lukaku as long as he was replaced by a proper centre forward and that we did not do .

I would keep Martial in the team but not as our centre forward
Because we didn't need to and haven't missed this proper CF you speak of at all.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Next season Will be his international break out season no doubt about that.
What’s his current status with French national team? Big opportunity for him with Euro’s and World Cup in next two summers.

amsoUG

Having watched Neymar and Mbappe meander in the finals, I got more appreciation of what we got.

HowYouDoin

Expect a real breakout season from him. He had 17 goals in the PL last year, this season I expect like 5 more. 22 or more. Which is very impressive for a player that doesnt take penalties.
He becomes an elite striker this year

IAmAWinner

He's turning 25, so I really expect him to be even more consistent, turn up in more big games and start delivering trophies. Important season coming up for him.

amsoUG

Martial is in the team of the season on whoscored.com - statistical best players EPL.

He'sRaldo

Him and Greenwood are the only ones not stat padding with penalties among our goalscorers.
This is a problem. For strikers the more they score the more confident they are, and the more hungry they are to break records. We could see it when Rashford went on that streak, as well as when Martial finally netted a hattrick for us. They just had a different level of hunger.

I think our strikers need to start taking the penalties instead of midfielders. It'll really help with that 'goal-obsessed' aspect of their game. Especially since Martial and Rashford are generally ice cold at penalties (no idea why Rashford was automatically taken off them as soon as Bruno came).

He'sRaldo

Simply because Bruno never misses
Rashford barely misses as well, same as Martial.

I think he should have taken over once Rashford missed one, but not before. No sense in having a midfielder stat pad penalties while the forward is on a goal drought.

Shark

@NotShark

I think he should have taken over once Rashford missed one, but not before. No sense in having a midfielder stat pad penalties while the forward is on a goal drought.
I'm sorry but this makes zero sense. You pick the most clinical penalty taker in your starting eleven regardless of position. Should Chelsea have taken Lampard of them if Drogba was on a drought?

Nep77

Rashford missed 2 last season and Martial 1.

The Original

I'm sorry but this makes zero sense. You pick the most clinical penalty taker in your starting eleven regardless of position. Should Chelsea have taken Lampard of them if Drogba was on a drought?
I don't think Chelsea doing it their way makes it a rule. At most clubs strikers take penalties, especially when 9 out 10 times its one of Rashford or Martial winning the pens. And at Chelsea, the relationship between Lampard and Drogba was mostly set up for Lampard to score so it made sense for him to stat pad with the penalties.

How are they supposed to improve without getting practice?

He'sRaldo

That's one way of doing it yes. I prefer picking a marginally less clinical player who needs the stats more, but that's just a personal preference.

He'sRaldo

Rashford missed 2 last season and Martial 1.
Yup, I never said they don't miss; more that they don't miss very often.

Rashford has had 2 misses in his whole career, and Martial 3. Which is good, and to me is statistically worth the payoff of having the strikers take penalties and grow their stat padding.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Yup, I never said they don't miss; more that they don't miss very often.

Rashford has had 2 misses in his whole career, and Martial 3. Which is good, and to me is statistically worth the payoff of having the strikers take penalties and grow their stat padding.
I'm sorry but this is absurd. The team's needs are greater than that of a forwards need to 'stat pad'. Is this so fans can win arguments on Twitter? Because I'm struggling to see what purpose it serves.

Bruno is our best penalty taker. Who cares if our forwards score fewer goals if the team ultimately gains more points. It blows my mind fans can't see this. Are we supporting players or the club?

He'sRaldo

I'm sorry but this is absurd. The team's needs are greater than that of a forwards need to 'stat pad'. Is this so fans can win arguments on Twitter? Because I'm struggling to see what purpose it serves.

Bruno is our best penalty taker. Who cares if our forwards score fewer goals if the team ultimately gains more points. It blows my mind fans can't see this. Are we supporting players or the club?
Not that absurd.

A good example of it is Ronaldo's freekick taking. The conversion rate isn't great, but he takes them anyway because those numbers are important for him psychologically, and his team recognizes that.

If the net benefit to the team (more confident forwards) is greater, then why not do it. That's why we saw Messi gifting penalties to players who need a goal; he recognizes the benefit of it.

He'sRaldo

I will caveat that if it's a really important penalty, then for sure let Bruno take it. But the stat padding ones should go to the forwards who need that added confidence.

criticalanalysis

Is this Martial's opportunity to really state his claim as a top player?

I can imagine him being very good for France playing the traditional no.9 role interchanging with Mbappe and the other ridiculous talent they got.

He can become what they had hoped Benzema was going to be for the national team?

Status
Not open for further replies.