Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

That's going to be one hell of a frustrating season for him. The excitement around Bruno slowly fades, Pogba looks already knackered, Rashford can't run anymore. Where is the support going to come from.

el3mel

I thought he was decent but definitely not great. The rest were just much worse that's all.

But he's definitely not our problem today.

flappyjay

Even guys like Kane and son disappear when the guys behind them are having a nightmare. Should still have done much better though.

Untd55

Not great, but had to keep dropping back to get the ball. We don't want him getting into that habit. Remember when Rooney started doing it and just wouldn't stay up the pitch where we needed him?

Kane also started doing it for Spurs in the season before last because their midfield has lacked creativity. Players seem to find it hard to break this habit. It affects their goal-scoring, even if they are capable of creating.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought he was decent but definitely not great. The rest were just much worse that's all.

You have no problem with that performance from United striker?

el3mel

You have no problem with that performance from United striker?
There were much bigger problems that led to us losing today. There're several players who were definitely much worse than Martial today, including Rashford, Pogba and Bruno, who were pretty crap.

Edy2

Pointless player when the chips are down. Not someone who I want to see lead the line long term for us. When we next challenge for the league he will not be starting for us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There were much bigger problems that led to us losing today. There're several players who were definitely much worse than Martial today, including Rashford, Pogba and Bruno, who were pretty crap.
But didn't you say, you "definitely" have no problem with his performance?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He looked the least match-fit of anyone in the team. Several really heavy touches. Surprised he didn't get hauled off. He'll be one of our best players this season I'm sure, but he didn't look at all ready for today.

el3mel

:lol: ok, mate.
Of course, you're free to disagree. Most people know that I'm not his fanboy in general but imo there were other problems that led to us losing today. No reason to laugh at this I belief. We can always agree to disagree.

Devil may care

Tried his best, held the ball up well but had nobody to work with in the first half and thing's only picked up a bit when he had Mason to play with.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Of course, you're free to disagree. Most people know that I'm not his fanboy in general but imo there were other problems that led to us losing today. No reason to laugh at this I belief. We can always agree to disagree.
It's because you're just go round and round to admit that you also think he's a problem. I called you out, and then you denied it.

el3mel

It's because you're just go round and round to admit that you also think he's a problem. I called you out, and then you denied it.
The only thing I said in my post is he wasn't our problem today :

Him being a problem in general or not is really not something I talked about. As I said in the post, he was decent but not great, with the rest being worse than him. Just not the main problem or the reason we lost today that's what I'm talking about.

Pretty sure I didn't change my words or said anything different than this in my other posts.

All I said is, he wasn't the problem today. That's all.
Pretty much all of them are similar to my initial post.

I don't really want to get into a conflict or argument with you so I hope what I said is clear. I know the level of tension in the air is pretty high after such loss but no reason to turn into an argument.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A few heavy touches but was a sad isolated figure in the box for the majority of the game. Only came alive out of necessity outside the box due to the embarrassing lack of support when he was inside it.

MattofManchester

I'm not sure what people expect from him when most of our play involved passing horizontally, no service, and move anywhere closer to their box and we immediately lost the ball.
Didn't know players should be winning games by themselves.

Our entire midfield and defence were well and truly horrendous.
He is the last player I'll look to criticize.

Paul_Scholes18

Little service for him. Although his movement should have been better to create space in the box.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He needs a strike partner and I dont mean a flipping mid-table forward in the form of Ighalo.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Must be commended for the form patch after the COVID restart and genuine levels of application and desire that we hadn't seen in years from him. But he needs to continue to break through the wall and by no means should rest on his laurels as there is still massive deficiencies in his all-round game that play out in every 90 minutes. He has no competition other than to drop him and move Rashford back to the main striker role but I don't see Ole doing that as we have no left side at all.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Love him but I'm utterly convinced we need another type of forward, likely alongside him.

A Hernandez/Owen type who can keep defenders on their toes inside the box with clever movement and anticipation or a Cavani/Costa one who can add a more physical dominant presence, especially in the air.

Raven

Thought he did well, we really need to get the ball to him more consistently though.

snowkarl

Thought he did well, we really need to get the ball to him more consistently though.
What did he do well exactly? He provided absolutely nothing and ruined multiple moves.

Looked geriatric too, so so heavy. Like he was treading water.

King Andow

Beautiful play on Greenwood's offside goal but pretty bad today. Was hoping to see Van de Beek as a false 9 in a diamond in the end.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fernandes played Martial in twice in situations where I thought he'd just take the ball on and score. His touch was unusually heavy, which shocked me after seeing how well he played for France before the season began. Hopefully his form will pick up soon. If we're going to do anything this season we need a big, BIG season from Martial.

Raven

What did he do well exactly? He provided absolutely nothing and ruined multiple moves.

Looked geriatric too, so so heavy. Like he was treading water.
How about the Greenwood disallowed goal where Rashford lazily drifted off side? He slid Greenwood through for Rashford's offside goal as well. There were a number of other positives from him as well but he was having to drop deep to get on the ball, which was a big problem before Bruno was brought in.

Obiorahking_

Give him 3 more games and he’ll click. Always likes to do this little dance in the very beginning of season.

Coops73

Not great, we need another CF because when it ain’t happening for him it really ain’t happening for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Poor start to the season for Martial. Hopefully he gets back to his best over the next few games.

Frank White

Your takes are interesting to say the least, Pogba and Martial did well yet Bruno was terrible..... Martial had a rough game balls bouncing off him consistently, dodgy dribbles and some questionable passes. Wasn't all bad showed a few nice runs and held the ball up once or twice but to say he did well is very generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.