Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So now he is not good enough again? In a match where our midfield was non existent.

Raven

I just wish he played with more intensity, he’s so good, some of the time.
As Ole has consistently mentioned in his pressers, we are not at the proper level of fitness yet. There's a lack of intensity from all of our players so far barring maybe Fred, but he's a machine. Give it another few games and we'll be seeing the Martial we saw at the end of last season again.

Now is not the time to be turning on players. The entire team hasn’t been good enough. Far more sensible to consider Martials form over the last year than the first two games.

Handré1990

Now is not the time to be turning on players. The entire team hasn’t been good enough. Far more sensible to consider Martials form over the last year than the first two games.
A sensible approach, and should be applied to all our players. This was our 2nd PL game in a very strange season, things will certainly change.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Meh, not worried about him. He will eventually go on a run and will probably get 25 goals this season if he stays fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Just came across this on Reddit, as I mentioned yesterday, I felt one of our issues was that we couldn't get the ball to Martial enough. I also mentioned that this was a big problem before Bruno's arrival. This graphic backs up my point that nobody around him was capable of doing their jobs and getting the ball to him.
As usual, we are so so reliant on the left side for attacking. Probably the most lopsided team in the league in that regard.

Raven

As usual, we are so so reliant on the left side for attacking. Probably the most lopsided team in the league in that regard.
Yeah, I was pulling my hair put yesterday seeing 5 or 6 of our players over there trying to interchange little passes when the right side had acres of space.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lads he will come good. Just like Rashford has come good again. Some matches he will score or assist. other matches he wont.

kiristao

He didn't look as sharp as he did at the end of last season. He has been a bit of a slow starter always so I would give him the benefit of doubt and expect him to come good soon.

jem

He didn't look as sharp as he did at the end of last season. He has been a bit of a slow starter always so I would give him the benefit of doubt and expect him to come good soon.
Agreed, and that was a delicious bit of skill to kickstart the movie that led to Greenwood's disallowed goal.

tjb

United have 2 main issues.

1. The consistency of our front 3- martial rashford and greenwood are a relatively young front 3. Each of them have inconsistencies in their games that can lead to average form. Since none of them are world class yet, we need to have at least two players to rotate with them. Similar to the 99 treble team and Mourinho chelsea. It's ok if martial scores only 14 league goals if we have another striker who can get 8 or 9 in reserve. It's ok if rashford is in poor form if he has a replacement that can replicate his direct runs. Until each of them show the type of week in week out consistency of a rooney or ronaldo, it is a need.

2. The centre back next to Maguire- this is our main and only problem in defence when shaw is fit. Lindelof is too passive to play regularly on the league in which defenders constantly get harassed and bullied.

Bwuk

Would be tempted to start him tonight to try and get a goal. He could really do with it.

Renegade

This season was meant to be his breakout season as a certified top striker. This start has been horrific now he has to sit out 3 games? If he doesn’t do the business this season we need to break the bank for a certified 9.

el3mel

He's having a terrible start for the season and it's not just today.

Cavani will start against Newcastle most probably and won't surprise me if he takes such chance earlier and cements the place for himself.

luke511

This season was meant to be his breakout season as a certified top striker. This start has been horrific now he has to sit out 3 games? If he doesn’t do the business this season we need to break the bank for a certified 9.
Or sign a right winger and give Greenwood a chance in his natural position..

ti vu

He's having a terrible start for the season and it's not just today.

Cavani will start against Newcastle most probably and won't surprise me if he takes such chance earlier and cements the place for himself.
I would be surprised if Cavani would be match fit to make the bench there. Rushing unfit player (with recent niggling injuries) into high intensity game, what can go wrong?

RedIan

automatic 3 Game ban violent conduct.. stupid reacting to the Elbow like that. Yes spurs player should have gone but still stupid.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was looking the sharpest he'd looked all season as well :(

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really awful start to what I thought was going to be his best season. Still can be of course.

el3mel

I would be surprised if Cavani would be match fit to make the bench there. Rushing unfit player (with recent niggling injuries) into high intensity game, what can go wrong?
We should have 2 weeks to prepare him physically I believe.

Hard to criticise him for that. It was cheating, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.