Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

He might not be the most match sharp because of the ban but he needs to do a lot more than what he came up with this week.

Both games he was poor and fast becoming a problem.

spiriticon

So uh.. Was he technically on holiday today but we called him back for work?

If so, apologies for ruining your holiday Tony. Hopefully the next fixture won't clash with your bedtime

Arka_BleedingRed

What does he need to spur him on this season? As a Martial fan, I can honestly say that he has largely been crap this season, especially in terms of finishing. Hardly shoots and seems low on confidence in the final third. Seems to be a mental issue perhaps rather than a physical one, he needs to sort it out quickly if he is to establish himself in the centre forward role this season.

DoomSlayer

Deserves to be dropped for Cavani in the next PL game, though I'm sure he will pick up his form in the next month.

Walters_19_MuFc

Looks really rusty. Ole will give him time to play his way into form, because he has tremendous ability. Just didn't seem to happen for him today.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
He’s poor. Maybe having confidence issues? Should sit out for a while. On another note Bruno passed to Cavani while he was on a hat trick. I remember an argument on here about passing when you’re on a hat trick and selfishness and whatnot. I guess that solves it

sillwuka

I feel he needs to sit out for a couple games after the international break. Cavani to start the next 2 and get 60 minutes minimum.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
David Bellion 2.0, the love this guy gets from his fanboys is astounding, even when he ''turns it on'' he's way overrated, there are guys playing with the dippers and city who i'd rather get a selfie taken with {or what ever it is you young guys call it}

Chairman Steve

I get the feeling he’s becoming Anelka 2.0. A good, versatile forward capable of looking really good at times but is infuriatingly inconsistent... but once in a while he hits that stride and looks unstoppable.

Guv77

Well below the level of last season especially in the second half.
Still not convinced by him.

Jonno

Very poor start to the season.

problem is, when he doesn’t produce goals or assists, he gives us almost nothing else. Poor at pressing, poor hold up play, no real aerial threat, just quite annonymous. He needs to come back better than this

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Major issue with Martial is that he need to play to find form. But when you don't how long that's gonna take, and we're already months in, it's not very workable.

InfiniteBoredom

That's shocking.
It’s 3 games.

He’s obviously in a bit of a rut now. I think much of it is just struggling with the load of games since the restart (league-europa-int.duty-short break-new season). None of our young front three have looked sharp this season, for that matter, with Rashford best of the bunch.

We just have to persist and play him through his bad patch, like SAF used to do with Rooney (it’s actually funny how fans now forget how patchy Rooney was even before his decline). Even RvP in his first season went scoreless for 8 games.

el3mel

It’s 3 games.

He’s obviously in a bit of a rut now. I think much of it is just struggling with the load of games since the restart (league-europa-int.duty-short break-new season). None of our young front three have looked sharp this season, for that matter, with Rashford best of the bunch.

We just have to persist and play him through his bad patch, like SAF used to do with Rooney (it’s actually funny how fans now forget how patchy Rooney was even before his decline). Even RvP in his first season went scoreless for 8 games.
No shots on target or creating a chance in 3 games is really bad, though ?

InfiniteBoredom

No shots on target or creating a chance in 3 games is really bad, though ?
Yes it is, but it happens all the time, to all strikers. Add on top of that the fact that we as a team have been, well, patchy, and the problem is exacerbated.

Don’t get me wrong, he needs to find his stride, and the sooner the better, but it’s not as bleak as made out to be.

Red00012

Scholes commented on his movement saying it’s terrible mid week. He’s a lazy centre forward at times.

I don’t get the grumpy head when he gets subbed off towards the end. Does he need a copy of his 1st half performance ?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He and Rashford were poor today, but they’re both talented players so I wouldn’t worry just yet. If Martial doesn’t start scoring there will be pressure on him, but I think he’s a player that does better when the team has a bit more confidence.

el3mel

Yes it is, but it happens all the time, to all strikers. Add on top of that the fact that we as a team have been, well, patchy, and the problem is exacerbated.

Don’t get me wrong, he needs to find his stride, and the sooner the better, but it’s not as bleak as made out to be.
Yeah I'm not saying it's the end of the world or anything, but I'm a little bit annoyed by the fact Martial is now starting his prime years and he's still as inconsistent as he was as a youngster. I hoped this issue will get solved when he grew up and become more experienced. Very good player but needs to show it consistently and more often.

Arka_BleedingRed

It's not even this season. Since the end of last season, i.e. the last 2 league matches and the EL, he showed good play, hold up and link up wise and won a few penalties, but in terms of finishing, he was very poor. Unfortunately, it has gotten worse as this season has progressed.

Raven

David Bellion 2.0, the love this guy gets from his fanboys is astounding, even when he ''turns it on'' he's way overrated, there are guys playing with the dippers and city who i'd rather get a selfie taken with {or what ever it is you young guys call it}
Truly embarrassing post.

Guv77

hasn’t he played for France this season as well at least 3/4 games and not done anything either, being out scored by Giroud!
He seems to think he has all the time in the world inside the penalty area, stick him back onto the wing.

Eplel

This is by far the worst post I've read here in a long, long time.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Don't worry too much about Martial. He's due a 3-4 game streak where he plays well and scores a few goals then he's back to being world class again before he dissappears for another month or 2.

The difference between his highs and lows is too much for him to be a success here. He can't even be used as a squad player. Martial with a permanent stropp on will get us no where. And I did say stropp on not strap on although maybe if he played with a strap on he might smile more often.

Lebo

Poor performance today. He really needs to up his socks.
Anyway what’s with him getting kicked around by any team we play against? It’s like people know that it throws him off his game. I’m i the only one getting seriously concerned about this?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is fair criticism and there is stupidity like this post :lol: Bellion 2.0 he says

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
It was certainly a poor performance at the very top of the field. But I thought there were quite a few instances of him holding up the ball really well and transitioning us into attack.

sugar_kane

Looks absolute shite this season, similar to his worst days under Mourinho.

He's always been a bit inconsistent, but doesn't deserve to be a guaranteed starter at this point.

Robaldo

He’s gone from looking like our long-term #9 to reverting to his old self.

Was painful watching Bruno chase their defenders while Martial walked about the pitch today.

Adamsk7

Looks disinterested again and I just don’t understand what contributed to these mood swings (and they must be just that because a professional footballer who we KNOW from last season can put in a shift just isn’t)? He’s very frustrating because if he had Bruno’s mentality I think he’d be right up there with the very best but I fear he is going to forever lack the consistency.

I’d quite like to see him out on the wings for a bit with Cavani in the middle - there’s no reason why him and Rashford can’t play as swapping wingers (with Rashford starting on the right). I actually think Tony has the better cut in shot to the far corner where as Rashford has the better dragged shot and cross.

DRM

I get the feeling he’s becoming Anelka 2.0. A good, versatile forward capable of looking really good at times but is infuriatingly inconsistent... but once in a while he hits that stride and looks unstoppable.
He's nowhere near Anelkas level!

Plymouth Red

I never see consistent passion, energy, hunger, will to win or fight in his play. He doesn’t look like he wants to be the best number 9 we have ever had so I reach a conclusion that he is firmly in a comfort zone.
Winners and warriors don’t usually live in such places. CR7 comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.