Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Way too inconsistent and moody for my liking.

Good player to have but as a main player I doubt we'll ever win the league with him up top.

We'll win some good matches here and there and maybe some minor cups but the league with Martial as a number 9 ? Nope, not possible.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Learn to move off the ball for goodness sake. Not everything has to be to feet

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is it only me but I think he slightly looks overweight?

A bit chubbier than usual.

I think he is only a squad option.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he won't be part of our best 11 by the end of the season. I've always loved him as a player because of his talent... but hes just far too ineffective. Does too much of his stuff too far out. The inept coaching doesn't help him or anyone, but using him as a #9 against most teams mean the box is too empty. Cavani up top instantly improved us and gave them something to worry about.

AshRK

He can never be a worldclass number 9 with performance like this. Only thing worse than this is his fan club who think he is the second coming of Brazilian ronaldo.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
When Cavani played that little ball straight to a defender it made him look ridiculous and it was a bit ridiculous. But that is exactly the run Martial should have been making. Static as a lamppost.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
When Cavani played that little ball straight to a defender it made him look ridiculous and it was a bit ridiculous. But that is exactly the run Martial should have been making. Static as a lamppost.
Yep! I feel like martial wants to constantly 1-2 or run at people, make a run behind.

Bad strikers performance, but was playing better when Cavani came on.
At the end of the day he should be playing as either a second striker or as an inverted left winger.
The striker experiment has to end now that we've got Cavani.
There is still a spot for him on the left wing.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Where has the Martial of lockdown gone? Just looks miles, miles off.

el3mel

Basically the difference between who Cavani was used to play with in PSG and now in United. Just shows how much we're far off offensively wise from the best teams in Europe around.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Need to practice how to place your shot to corner not just hitting it on target, it’s meaningless.

Wayne's World

His confidence and all round game has become a hindrance for us. I'd be starting Cavani from now on since he looked sharp when he came on

MonkeysMagic

Just needs to be benched. Lazy, uninterested, and lacking any attacking threat. Cavani needs to come in as he is more of target man and a proper no. 9.

Superunknown

Biggest disappointment of the season so far, for me anyway. That lack of run deep into the game when Cavani had the ball and he was begging for Martial to make the run on the left was just embarrassing. Every elite striker would be doing everything and anything to make that run, but not Martial. I'm back to doubting if he'll ever be what we think he will be.

Raven

Thought he was pretty decent overall but needs to find his goal scoring mojo again. Every striker goes through baron spells and I have no doubt that this is no more than that.

OldTrevil

Still rusty in his finishing but his overall creative play kept us going. He needs to stay away from the noise and trust in his natural game as the goals will come

GlasgowCeltic

I understand why the Firmino comparison gets continually made but at least you know Firmino will give you everything

Frank White

All are forwards looked lost today but Martial needs to be doing more. His normal strong points like finishing and touch have been atrocious this year, still praying he'll turn it around and replicate last year.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He started the game with a great mazy run and then that header and I thought yes, Tony is up for it today... Fantasy points here I come.

Then he got the memo that he was my fantasy captain and thought it better to do feck all.

Briefly thought that changing position meant this would no longer be the case, but someone must have told him after a while

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Throwing another tantrum as usual. Moody as feck.

Himself and Rashford seem to have lost faith in Ole and are throwing their toys out of the pram.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Absolutely atrocious today and has been poor all season. Needs to be dropped but won’t be because our manager is also atrocious and likes Anthony

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
5 and half PL games and zero goals. Just not good enough.

Rashford not playing great either although he has scored 7 goals so far this season in all comps including a CL hatrick.

And don't get me started on Mata. He should be playing MLS football. He's finished at this level. Doesn't do anything.

POF

Back to his worst. That was a shocking level of effort. Sulking and moping around the pitch.

A player of his profile in the team just cannot behave like that.

I'm disappointed in Ole for leaving him on. He needs to show that level of effort is completely unacceptable.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Convinced he used to be a great finisher. He's getting in the right positions at least, the goals will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.