Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The guy gets an amazing amount of excuses made for him, for a player who hasn’t meaningfully improved in nearly 5 years

Yagami

Good post resistant
Very funny.
If you get chance, watch the highlights. Most of our good play and chances came from him.

Terrible finishing, but everyone was poor in that regard tonight. Unlike the others, Anthony offered something in general, though.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I guess it really was 60 million down the drain... cause Tony Martial misses again.

Mindhunter

You can’t miss that and still be the main man for Manchester United. It’s criminal and people still advocating for him to be our main striker are just clueless right now. How can our standards drop so much that this guy is our main striker?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Felt like only after his first horrible miss he started to play with some extra intensity, the type of intensity you expect a player to play with from minute 1 in these type of matches.

TommiHelm

Cavani has shown what some of our less experienced attackers lack to be honest. Hopefully it'll be a kick in the back to get them to the next level. Sadly I don't think Martial will though, he doesn't look like he has the mentality to ever reach his potential to me (which a certain previous manager seemed to figure out years ago).

Guv77

Let us down badly tonight. Imagine if this were a semi final or CL final and he missed that.

Overall he is having a torrid season.
Didn’t you see the 3 misses against Seville last season in the SF?

alexanderplatz

Just so frustrating how inconsistent the lad is. I believe in his talent but I don’t believe in his ability to make the most of it. Better off shipping him out imo

Holocene

Some pretty embarrassing posts in here. Grown adults can't control their emotions after a defeat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The guy gets an amazing amount of excuses made for him, for a player who hasn’t meaningfully improved in nearly 5 years
Bruno scores from that brilliant pass from him, or Cavani scores from his through ball, and he gets praised tonight. Fine margins.

Threesus

If you get chance, watch the highlights. Most of our good play and chances came from him.

Terrible finishing, but everyone was poor in that regard tonight. Unlike the others, Anthony offered something in general, though.
I am sorry, but if you miss chances like that in such a close game, it is on you. The loss today is on Ole, Fred and him. He needs to wake up because this is just not acceptable.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

He offered diddly squat. He was offered two opportunities, the only ones that really mattered, on a golden platter. He didn't even come close.

Manchester United is not a charity case for so-so players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I am sorry, but if you miss chances like that in such a close game, it is on you. The loss today is on Ole, Fred and him. He needs to wake up because this is just not acceptable.
The loss is on us as a team. Bruno and Cavani had one on ones, too. Everyone's finishing sucked tonight.

Djemba-Djemba

Bruno scores from that brilliant pass from him, or Cavani scores from his through ball, and he gets praised tonight. Fine margins.
Nah when your main striker has one goal from open play all season and it's December they deserve criticism.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Getting the Nani circa 2012/13 vibes from him this year.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He offered diddly squat. He was offered two opportunities, the only ones that really mattered, on a golden platter. He didn't even come close.

Manchester United is not a charity case for so-so players.
He created two of our best chances. Did brilliantly defensively, too, which is always a criticism labelled at him.

Our other forwards weren't as good.

Steven7290

I'll say it clear I absolutely can't withstanding watching him as a starter anymore. I'm done with his terrible inconsistency. When he's shite, he's absolutely pointless on the pitch. No, not pointless, he completely fecks us up.

He should be a bench option in any big club and nothing more.

He's 90% of the reason we lost today. I'm so fecking done.
This to me highlights the problem at United. He should play a Chicharito role at best, not Robin Van Persie.

Sylar

He used to be nerveless in front of goal. You would fancy him in one on ones or chances like that. Even the chance after the Cavani chip, I wasn't expecting him to score. There was nothing calm about that finish

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
His form is abysmal but he showed last season he can be a great consistent forward. I think he'll get a chance to play himself into form and I hope he takes it for everyone's sake.

Woodenlung

Thought he played well in the first half really. His shot led to Rashford's goal a few seconds later. Also played a peach of a long pass to Rashford which he really should've done better with.

Second half was horrific however. Looks like he's playing with little confidence. Which is odd considering how well.he finished last season.

Chairman Steve

It’s worth noting too that Martial will be 25 this weekend too. He’s not a young player anymore now in terms of football ages. He’s very much entering the universal peak years now. He should have 10-15 goals in all comps at this point.

Not the main striker. Him and Rashford will jostle for that left forward spot and we have someone like Haaland up the centre as a dream scenario.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Some shocking misses, but to be fair he did track back well and got stuck in defensively, so not entirely useless
Dan James can do that. Martial's on the pitch because of his, in theory, superior attacking abilities. Not seen much of that this season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nah when your main striker has one goal from open play all season and it's December they deserve criticism.
In general, yes. That's why I'm not against him being benched.

In terms of this game in isolation, I thought he was one of our better players. His finishing was awful but so was everyone's.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Awful start to the season for him. Needs to pull it together as any sort of form for him would've led to a couple of goals today from him and a comfortable win.

Djemba-Djemba

In general, yes. That's why I'm not against him being benched.

In terms of this game in isolation, I thought he was one of our better players. His finishing was awful but so was everyone's.
Who else missed two sitters like Martial tonight though?

Kaos

As ludicrously talented as he clearly is, its worth remembering its his SIXTH season at the club. Not sure how much more time he should be afforded to become the player we hope he'd be. The fact we'd all trust a 34 year old Cavani over him is pretty telling.

I'd honestly put him behind Greenwood in the pecking order. Mason's had a bit of a stinker this season, but at least you could genuinely absolve him with the 'yung nd lernin' excuse, not to mention you'd actually expect him to finish those sitters.

acnumber9

He created so much out there, the goals will go in soon enough
Created so much? The only real chances we had in the game were created by Rashford and Bruno. He played one good long pass to Bruno.

Edit: Just remembered the Cavani one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.