Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yes. I can't remember the last performance from either of them that really impressed me. Bit of a shambles.
I agree with this, I'm amazed we're top of the table with forwards who are woefully out of form, what's more worrying is that Fernandes looks a little gassed to say the least.

Ole needs to sort these two out, and fast if we have any hope of staying anywhere near top 3, we can't keep grinding out these results like we are, our defence just isn't good enough for it, we need to hand out a few spankings to get that fear factor, that would make games against the "lesser" sides easier.

RedIan

Very poor game and in a run of poor form. Looks like hes sulking because cavani has taken his CF spot.
Frustratingly crap.

Foxbatt

His talent is not in doubt. It's his application that's creating issues now.

Art

Art the artist
Definitely has the skill of a Manchester United attacker but nowhere near the mentality.

the_cliff

His biggest problem is he always wants the ball to feet, now I don't know if that's instructions from Ole but in general whenever we play against a low block and dominate possession our wingers never make runs. Rashford/Martial seem to only know how to make runs when we're on a counter attack and there's space in abundance. It's actually scary how much we depend on our midfield for goals and tbh we'll never win the league with Pogba/Bruno/Mctominay outscoring Rashford/Martial/Greenwood.

KennyBurner

He isnt taking on players which is very frustrating. Looks very uniterested. Ole needs to kick him very hard.

Vernon Philander

Again, I'm absolutely mystified why Martial is being singled out as being amongst the worst performers. During the tight period of the game, he was main threat being on the end of chances and being in great positions. He was marked well on that left side otherwise and can't recall him making obvious errors.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Id be happy to shift him on at this point.

Sick of his lazy half arsed attitude. How much longer can people say he has "potential" when he fails to deliver constantly.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He had 4 players marking him most times
Teams try to neutralise our left side as that is where most of our attacks come from
Martial form will come back...let’s support our players for once
Top of the League
I'd like nothing more than for him to ride out this rut but while it's happening there's no point gilding the lily; Martial was very poor tonight regardless of marking.

Aint gota Kalou

No idea how he can go from what he did last season to what he's doing this season. I would keep the faith with him still but its worrying.

Redlyn

Who else we got. He needs to be dropped maybe to put some fire in him but we are running out of options to play wide.

eire-red

Surely he's on the bench now for a while? Cavani needs to start in the league, and Rashford can play poor but still produce moments of magic, which Martial can't. There's no hope for him on the right either.

At the moment he's nowhere near our best 11. It's mad how we're almost pinning our hopes on an 18 year old to fill the gaping hole at RW to fix our attack. What happened to the form of Martial, Greenwood and Rashford from last season?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Id be happy to shift him on at this point.

Sick of his lazy half arsed attitude. How much longer can people say he has "potential" when he fails to deliver constantly.
Is this some pseudo-racism type garbage? How the hell is he lazy? If anyone has shown laziness off the ball this year it’s been Rashford, but we press like mad in every game these days. Such a stupid opinion that I geniunely don’t understand whether it’s agenda driven or just ignorance

the_cliff

For all the people that are defending him, this is our biggest chance to win the league since Fergie and he's on 2 goals in the PL, Mctominay has 2 goals. It doesn't matter how well he links up play or how he drags players away 2 goals for our number 9 is a joke. If Martial doesn't wake up soon we'll be sliding down the table. We can only depend on Pogba worldies and Bruno to bail us out for so long.

Habs

Every season its the same discussion with him.

Move him on, not the kind of player you have in the starting line up if you want to win leagues on a regular basis.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Has his best season as a striker gets shifted out to left wing and 4vs1 when he gets the ball.

Crap performance from him but I really don’t get why Ole puts him LW.

His best games have come as CF for us. Use him there or play Rashford at LW.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was fine. The heading could be done better but good effort and attempt (wasn't offside imo). However, his performance this season and last season are so far apart. Hold up play not as great as last season, not as clinical as last season anymore.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How many times did he play an awful ball to Shaw and then at him like shit when he didn't get it?

He looks absolutely done at the moment. He's bringing nothing whatsoever to the team

Jezpeza

Usually a fan. Thought he was a monster at cf last year. Out on the left today.

Was the worst performance I have seen from a player in a Utd shirt for an incredibly long time.

I can only assume Ole was confident we had enough on elsewhere on the pitch to win it and wanted to save rashford because keeping him on was like playing with ten men.

needs to be dropped

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Is this some pseudo-racism type garbage? How the hell is he lazy? If anyone has shown laziness off the ball this year it’s been Rashford, but we press like mad in every game these days. Such a stupid opinion that I geniunely don’t understand whether it’s agenda driven or just ignorance

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Genuinely don’t even know how to respond to this other than laugh.

Dominos

Him and Shaw trying to link up tonight was like pushing together repelling magnets.
:lol:

I think that's a problem a lot of the team have where they don't seem to be in sync at all. Player A will play the ball to feet while player B has made a run in behind. Then next time player A will play the ball in behind only to find player B has come short and wanted it to his feet. There's a real lack of cohesion in this team, too often it looks like a bunch of strangers.

Martial and Shaw took it to new levels tonight.

Castia

Has his best season as a striker gets shifted out to left wing and 4vs1 when he gets the ball.

Crap performance from him but I really don’t get why Ole puts him LW.

His best games have come as CF for us. Use him there or play Rashford at LW.
He’s only played left wing a few times, he’s had 9 more starts than Cavani this season and nearly all of them upfront , he’s been terrible.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If his season continues in this form he might be playing himself out of the club.

Hoping he turns it around, need a forward like him to be chipping in if United is to win titles.

Lennon

If we want to win something in the next couple if years, we have to be ruthless with him too. We need goals, not a player who performs every now and then. We need someone like Haaland, someone with drive, determination and instinct.

kundalini

Martial and Shaw looked like they had never played together before. Some of Martial's passes were so bad that Shaw wouldn't have reached them even if he had been told in advance where they were going.

If you're playing as poorly as Martial did tonight, you need to put in some effort to win a tackle, make an interception, do something to contribute. Instead we got the usual minimal effort.

Andersons Dietician

Didn’t play well at all but are people so blind they make up nonsense. He got in really good positions and got his head to a good few chances. Not to mention some of the intricate bits of football between he Shaw and Pogba were top notch.

I just liked the fact that he was making proper runs to try and get on the balls coming in. There were certainly some total whaffs like that ball Shaw played when he was in acres of space and he just let it go. But when we were under the cosh and struggiling he was back helping defend getting tackles in and chasing people down. Few defensive headers as well.

So when you add up all that and given I don’t think he played well but seeing this narrative he was lazy and did nothing says more about the people saying it than his performance.

Red Royal

:lol:

I think that's a problem a lot of the team have where they don't seem to be in sync at all. Player A will play the ball to feet while player B has made a run in behind. Then next time player A will play the ball in behind only to find player B has come short and wanted it to his feet. There's a real lack of cohesion in this team, too often it looks like a bunch of strangers.

Martial and Shaw took it to new levels tonight.
I dont think much of that could be blamed on Shaw...he put in a good performance I think

Status
Not open for further replies.