Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowCeltic

His ability is irrelevant at this point. Mourinho had him sussed from the start, mentally weak, a brooding flower who requires perfect conditions to perform. Ole has been extremely fair with him and is disrespected every time the player deems himself above breaking into a jog. Wont be outscoring Kane anytime soon

Matt851

It gets worse with every replay. He just stopped giving a feck
When did he start giving a feck this season, i must have missed that moment!

His performances this season have been a complete joke. He needs to be left out of the squad for a few games. I worry what message continually playing him sends when his workrate is so low

UncleBob

Because I trust Rashford as he has built up a reputation over the years as a hardworking player while Martial has always been lazy. No doubt about that. When I say one instance, I’m not saying Rashford has been like Makelele recently, I’m just saying we shouldn’t group him with Martial, as I also have in the ‘Rashford and Martial are a problem‘ thread.
Great argument, that

BFernandes

I've no idea why we're trying to shoehorn him in, he's shown absolutely nothing all season and if anything, his displays are getting worse.

Rashford needs to be moved back over on the left, Cavani down the middle and Greenwood on the right, it's not fecking rocket science surely?

And why is his form (or lack of) a surprise? Other than the 2nd half of last season, his whole career so far has been blighted with inconsistency.

He can't get into his own national team, and even when he was getting appearances, he's managed a quite remarkable 1 goal in 25 appearances. Let that number sink in. 1 goal, in 25 games. And this is a player we want to lead the line at our club?

feck off. I'd sooner keep Pogba than Martial.

Last edited:

dirkey

This guy needs a LONG spell on the bench. And a few good hard kicks in training. Lazy mope. Absolutely sick of him. Rashford is also playing badly, but at least he tries, and he scores some goals. What exactly does Martial give us?

Cavani absolutely has to be first choice number 9 from this on in. This guy is simply not good enough. Squad player at the very best.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Because I trust Rashford as he has built up a reputation over the years as a hardworking player while Martial has always been lazy. No doubt about that. When I say one instance, I’m not saying Rashford has been like Makelele recently, I’m just saying we shouldn’t group him with Martial, as I also have in the ‘Rashford and Martial are a problem‘ thread.
Rashford hasn't been hardworking since the start of last season. Statistically Martial actually pressed the opposition more often than Rashford last season, and while he's probably dropped below him again this season there's really not much difference between them.

Rashford used to be hardworking. But that hasn't been the case for 18 months now.

RashyForPM

This guy needs a LONG spell on the bench. And a few good hard kicks in training. Lazy mope. Absolutely sick of him. Rashford is also playing badly, but at least he tries, and he scores some goals. What exactly does Martial give us?

Cavani absolutely has to be first choice number 9 from this on in. This guy is simply not good enough. Squad player at the very best.
For West Ham since Haller’s left. He’s been the worst starting striker in the PL this season. Even the likes of Callum Robinson and McGoldrick contribute and score more.

Martial is total fraud. Pick up the wages and do the bare minimum. No wonder the French team never rated him. Get this clown out of our club.

Non of our previous winning teams would not tolerate a passenger like this. It wouldn't even need to come from the Manager the other players would have destroyed him.

tinofapples

That video of Rashford above is absolutely criminal.

At what point in his career did he think it's okay to walk back into position and give next to no effort?
Maguire's efforts in it are pitiful too, the whole team, when they're off pace, they're really off the pace :-(

UncleBob

Martial is total fraud. Pick up the wages and do the bare minimum. No wonder the French team never rated him. Get this clown out of our club.

Non of our previous winning teams would not tolerate a passenger like this. It wouldn't even need to come from the Manager the other players would have destroyed him.

romufc

Pogba came out before saying we had no more cheaters on the pitch.

The next game Rashford and Martial do the exact thing.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Rashford hasn't been hardworking since the start of last season. Statistically Martial actually pressed the opposition more often than Rashford last season, and while he's probably dropped below him again this season there's really not much difference between them.

Rashford used to be hardworking. But that hasn't been the case for 18 months now.
Statistically he is the most dribbled past forward in the league. Meaning his press is beyond useless.

OleGunnar20

Last night was the breaking point with me for Martial.

On pure numbers alone he's having a rotten season, the main number 9 for Manchester United having scored only 2 league goals more than halfway through the season is utterly pathetic in its own way but that's actually not why I think so many have given up on him.

His workrate is an utter disgrace. He's moody, he's lazy and he's shit. I really don't want to see him starting any games this season until he starts fecking putting some work into it.

He's lucky crowds aren't in because Old Trafford would have been on his back last night.
Spot on, couldn't agree more.

I've been a fan of his since day one but he's clearly going backwards. If he was putting in the effort that'd be one thing but we all see he isn't.

Sell in the summer I think and reinvest in someone who has the talent and work rate to be an asset to the team.

I'd like to see Greenwood given the #9 spot with Cavani this season to bed him in.

dirkey

You think it's nice to see? Some United fan you are.
Exactly. I'm a United fan. I want to see the best players, who show effort .. in the United team. I don't think sub standard, lazy, non scoring strikers are good enough.

So yes, it's nice to see our fans see sense.

Half a season of utter dross for him.

Raven

Exactly. I'm a United fan. I want to see the best players, who show effort .. in the United team. I don't think sub standard, lazy, non scoring strikers are good enough.

So yes, it's nice to see our fans see sense.

Half a season of utter dross for him.
Nahh, one of our best players playing so badly that he needs dropping is never a cause for celebration. If he was in the same form as last year, we're probably top of the table. That would be good to see, this is sad to see.

dirkey

Nahh, one of our best players playing so badly that he needs dropping is never a cause for celebration. If he was in the same form as last year, we're probably top of the table. That would be good to see, this is sad to see.
His form is sad to see, yes. But the fact that our fans are now waking up to how bad his form is, that's good. Because I do believe that ... unrest amongst fans does filter in, even without match going fans.

One of our best players my ass. On form, yes. But he's so inconsistent that he can never labelled as one of our best.

Raven

His form is sad to see, yes. But the fact that our fans are now waking up to how bad his form is, that's good. Because I do believe that ... unrest amongst fans does filter in, even without match going fans.

One of our best players my ass. On form, yes. But he's so inconsistent that he can never labelled as one of our best.
People have acknowledged his poor form all season, I have literally no idea what youre going on about.

The only difference in opinion I have come across is whether he should be sold or not. I'm still firmly in the don't sell him camp. I feel he should ride the bench for a while until he bucks up his ideas and comes back revitalised.

He won our players' player of the season last season and I think he was robbed for the fans player of the season as well, he's well up there in terms of our best players.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has everyone realised that he’s not fast yet? The myth that he’s fast is one of the longest running myths in football. People judging him on his EA Sports Fifa stats & not watching him play. He’s a snail, he’s always been a snail.

He’s a good dribbler, but he has never ever been fast. People see a french black striker/winger & just assume he’s fast I swear.

DavelinaJolie

He won't get sold. Even though he simply doesn't have the consistency or appear to have the attitude.

Raven

Has everyone realised that he’s not fast yet? The myth that he’s fast is one of the longest running myths in football. People judging him on his EA Sports Fifa stats & not watching him play. He’s a snail, he’s always been a snail.
Moronic. Accusing people of using FIFA for their stats is incredibly childish as well.

dirkey

People have acknowledged his poor form all season, I have literally no idea what youre going on about.

The only difference in opinion I have come across is whether he should be sold or not. I'm still firmly in the don't sell him camp. I feel he should ride the bench for a while until he bucks up his ideas and comes back revitalised.

He won our players' player of the season last season and I think he was robbed for the fans player of the season as well, he's well up there in terms of our best players.
I'm talking about you saying about 2 weeks ago that he's good enough, and consistent enough to be our starting striker, when he clearly currently isn't.

Raven

I'm talking about you saying about 2 weeks ago that he's good enough, and consistent enough to be our starting striker, when he clearly currently isn't.
I still stand behind him being our long term striker but he needs dropping right now. He's no longer bringing his hold up and link up play and something is clearly seriously wrong with him at the moment. I'm not sure how to fix him but I'm sure a few weeks watching from the sidelined will help kick him back into gear.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Think last nights performance is probably the one that has sent me into the "need to upgrade him" camp. it's one thing being out of form, and another not even busting a gut to work hard for the team. That being said, that entire front 4 was shite. At least Bruno and to a lesser extent Greenwood, worked their socks off.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He still has like the 4th or 5th fastest recorded speed in the premier league. Sure, he's lost some of his pace as he's filled out more but he's still very quick.
Speed only matters if you use it. It's no good if you just stand around. Also don't think he fancied being roughed up a bit last night.

Guv77

:lol: People have been saying this since August, it's almost February.

This is his level.
So true.
His dip in form started towards the end of last season, he seems to think he cemented a place has our no9 after scoring that hattrick against Sheff Utd. Last few games of that season he was pretty poor and missed a hat-trick of chances against Seville.
Loss of form is 5-6 games and good players come back has they always have something else to offer. This guy has nothing.

dirkey

I still stand behind him being our long term striker but he needs dropping right now. He's no longer bringing his hold up and link up play and something is clearly seriously wrong with him at the moment. I'm not sure how to fix him but I'm sure a few weeks watching from the sidelined will help kick him back into gear.
I agree with this, and I hope it does! I agree that he needs to be dropped for a while.

It's interesting - was it this thread .. but someone pointed out - Henderson came back, De Gea (till last night) has upped his game. Telles came in, Shaw upped his game.

Look at Martial since Cavani came in. Is it a mentality thing? Is he sulking? Who knows.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His movement and anticipation in the box is absolutely rubbish, comical at times.

Lassitude42

I absolutely hate how Martial just stops and starts waving his arms around when things don't go his way. Stop being a drama queen and make things happen

You can't teach attitude and this one is a bad apple

psychdelicblues

Long term, not even good enough to be even a squad player considering the wages he's on. Short term I think it was a big mistake by Ole to let Ighalo go, as he should have been direct cover for Cavani for the rest of the season.

Whatever talent Martial has I never felt he had the mentality and personality to succeed at United long term.

BFernandes

You won't see a better example of just how little fight and desire Martial has than in this clip.

Cavani is soon to turn 34. Has won the lot, one of the greatest strikers of his generation with nothing to prove. So please explain to me why he's the one in that clip busting a gut to both win the ball back and then get in the box once possession is won back?

And before any of you Rashford haters crawl out of the woodwork, his lack of effort last night was also unacceptable and I'm getting sick to the back teeth of it. Yet despite Rashford's many flaws, such as an inability to learn the offside rule, his ridiculous selfishness and his workrate that has seemingly taken a nose dive in the last 12-18 months, he has shown the ability to change a game. Wolves recently, Liverpool in the Cup, setting up Pogba for his volley etc.

Martial has shown nothing for the entire season so far, starting with that ridiculous sending off against Spurs. This is a player that has 1 goal in 25 games for his country, and even they don't rate him now. So why should he be good enough for United to lead the line? I'm sure he'll go to somewhere in France and shine, but some players are just not cut out for United.

Rashford on the left, Cavani down the middle and Greenwood on the right from now on whenever possible. Get rid of him in the summer and go all out for a genuine replacement up top.

26 this year and he still hasn't figured out his best position on a football pitch. And it's not because he excels at every position, it's because he flatters to deceive in every spot that he takes.

romufc

Think last nights performance is probably the one that has sent me into the "need to upgrade him" camp. it's one thing being out of form, and another not even busting a gut to work hard for the team. That being said, that entire front 4 was shite. At least Bruno and to a lesser extent Greenwood, worked their socks off.
I am with you on this, I have been a Martial defender, still thought he will turn things around.

People say, he lacks service, that might be true but Cavani came on and our players almost found him 3/4 times, this is because he makes the runs. They say, the run makes the ball. If he isnt going to make runs, no one will play him the ball.

Every time he got played the ball, he had no idea what to do with it, our pressing was non existent. I am in the camp of sell him, replace him with a proper ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.