Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

Looks completely bereft of confidence and Ole has given him all the opportunities in the world to play himself back into form. He’s never been a proper CF and he’s not best suited to packed defences, but he’s seriously regressed this season. Dare I say it but I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere.

Jackal981

Greenwood make a single run in the first few mintues he got subbed in and Martial done feck all in 60 mins. He is not fit to wear the shirt

RUCK4444

I can feel how I'm quickly turning into a massive Martial-hater. Just can't help it. He does nothing. Offers nothing - creates nothing. Would not care one bit even if we sold him to Liverpool, I'm that unbothered by him.
Just give into it. I tried REALLY hard to stay pro-Martial, then I realised he doesn’t care enough about the shirt to do the basics like run, as soon as that penny dropped I skipped frustration and went straight to hatred.

Guv77

His finished, and good riddance.
When your manager is shouting at you to make some movement there is no hope for him. Get rid!!

el3mel

For God sake please, fecking please stop starting him.

Greenwood should have started ahead of him today.

He has no right playing as a starter at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Me officially revoking my AM9 FC membership

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think he’s really shot himself in the foot after that tonight. He should be our no 9 when Cavani is out but to play so poorly and for Ole to make the change when he did, I think will have a lasting impact.

He’s now the 3rd choice striker after Cavani and Greenwood, I don’t see a long term future for him here anymore.

BehemothTerror

So poor yet again. Hold up play was fine but thats literally all he offered. He's comes far too deep, isnt pressing the Newcastle defence or trying to force errors with runs. He's keep drifting left far too often which congested Shaw and Rashfords space resulting us have to pass backwards. You just cant be a centre forward if your not on the last man, Static or lacking in aerial threat! He should be making runs to create space not blocking everybody elses!
There was literally a point in the match were he came deeper than Fred! I dont even think the service he got can be blamed as at times we got width but had no option in the middle.

He's still got some credit left but he needs to wake up fast. For now Id drop him for Greenwood, Cavani or even put Rashford at CF and stick James on the left. It's fluke we played better when he came off and we had Greenwood actually making runs.

Djemba-Djemba

We play with 10 men whenever he plays.

He's had an appalling season.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think we might have to get rid this summer.

Frank White

Really wanted that nice dribble he had to turn into a goal and partially mask the utter shite performance and maybe this thread won't turn into the slaughterhouse it's inevitably going to turn into but alas.

Hard to believe how far he's fallen off, easily one of are worst performers again.

kundalini

One good run and fierce shot that was saved. Struggled to hold up the ball. One key pass.

EvilChuck

Poor performance. Seems to have no motivation, and the threat to his place in the team by the likes of Cavani, Greenwood only seems to lower his motivation further

DomM

Did 1 thing of note whilst he was on, just does not get involved enough, always static, offers nothing, not good enough.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was once one of my favourite players but he’s not even trying out there. God knows what’s wrong with him. I’d snap someone’s hand off if they offered us £50m.

spiriticon

It amuses me to watch him play these days. He jogs around a bit, gets a ball to feet, does a shimmy, finds the easiest pass he can make and then jogs around some more in midfield...

'Idea ball'

Giggs' right foot

sad isnt it.

I was a huge fan!
Same. He showed so much promise as a youngster. If only he would have welcomed signings like Zlatan, Lukaku, and Cavani as signings to compete against and learn from, rather than (at least that's my interpretation of his time on the wings) moan about being used at RW or LW, he could have been such a great all-around striker. Now I don't know what he is.

Just give into it. I tried REALLY hard to stay pro-Martial, then I realised he doesn’t care enough about the shirt to do the basics like run, as soon as that penny dropped I skipped frustration and went straight to hatred.
My take as well. He's not this bad, as I've written before - this is plain and simply just what he thinks the manager and the club deserve from him. If that's the case - then off you go.

OmarUnited4ever

Me officially revoking my AM9 FC membership
You can't revoke it..

But you can just discard it in the bin.

I have done so after this game..

Few days ago I watched a YouTube clip of his goals and skills in the previous season and for the life of me I don't know where that guy went ..

Shark

@NotShark
Think he's sadly nearing the end at United. Such a talented player when it all comes together but it's looking less and less likely it will at this point. Doesn't help that his work rate is shocking.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wonder how frustrating his teammates find him. His movement is awful and it doesn't help that he always seems unbothered. That probably makes it look worse

RedDevilRoshi

Waste of a jersey. Just seems to play when he feels like it.

Greenwood contributed more in the final 20 mins when he replaced him.

Sylar

He doesn't move until he gets the ball and it has to be to feet

No wonder ole was shouting at him to move. So glad he got subbed
Hopefully doesn't start over Greenwood now

bucky

I just don't understand what happened to the player from last season.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We play with 10 men whenever he plays.

He's had an appalling season.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think we might have to get rid this summer.
That's where I am too, alas. Depresses the feck out of me these days, watching him. Where's his redemption coming from? Hard to know.

Chairman Steve

It looks stupid in hindsight that we preferred Martial to Lukaku. At least Lukaku could score some goals no matter what you thought about his build up play and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.