Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevil@84

Just wanted to hear opinions on this.

Would you say Martial has improved as a player since his first season here?

If yes

Comparing 15/16 Martial to the current one, how much better would you say he is?

And how much better did you expect him to be at 25 back then?
No. Some parts of his game has regressed. And blaming it on LVG or Jose has run its course.

Marwood

Just wanted to hear opinions on this.

Would you say Martial has improved as a player since his first season here?

If yes

Comparing 15/16 Martial to the current one, how much better would you say he is?

And how much better did you expect him to be at 25 back then?
I don't think he has, which is quite a non achievement by him.

I don't think he's developed physically either which is just bizarre.

Seto007

36 appearances and 7 goals. But he's still young and learning (old fans will get the inside joke) his "fans" will say? Thierry Henry he is not and never will be. More David Bellion (for the older United fans here who remembers the French pansy from Sunderland scared of his own shadow)

I think selling him is best for all parties. He's too much of a good time Charlie luxury player.. which is fine if you are playing for City you can afford to carry him in most games. But not Manchester United.

to me I think he's lost some of his lightning pace, his stop-start approach is so frustrating. I dare say Nani was less frustrating and delivered more often

will go down as a massive flop transfer for the money he cost. No excuses.

Siezard

But Martial is the most skilful player in the squad. You cannot sell the most skilful player away.

romufc

If we had to raise money and got £40/50m offer him, I would be inclined to take it.

Him and Martial are similar players, both quite inconsistent and it would be better for the squad only to have one of them.

This way maybe we can sign other players. The only reason to sell him is to raise funds.

If we had to raise money and got £40/50m offer him, I would be inclined to take it.

Him and Martial are similar players, both quite inconsistent and it would be better for the squad only to have one of them.

This way maybe we can sign other players. The only reason to sell him is to raise funds.
Him and Rashford?

romufc

Him and Rashford?
As in him and Rashford to me are very similar players. No way Rashford leaves so, if there was clubs interested in Martial, I wouldn't be opposed to selling him to raise funds so we can improve the balance of the squad.

At the moment, he isn't a ST or a LW.

As in him and Rashford to me are very similar players. No way Rashford leaves so, if there was clubs interested in Martial, I wouldn't be opposed to selling him to raise funds so we can improve the balance of the squad.

At the moment, he isn't a ST or a LW.
its That it looks like you wrote Martial rather than Rashford?

romufc

its That it looks like you wrote Martial rather than Rashford?
Apologies, I meant selling Martial for the benefit of the squad.

It is clear we are not going to spend much, anything we can make from selling players will only help us get players we need.

We need a proper ST, CDM, CB and RW. Unfortunately, by the sounds of it, we will probably be able to afford 1.

It is clear we are not going to spend much, anything we can make from selling players will only help us get players we need.

We need a proper ST, CDM, CB and RW. Unfortunately, by the sounds of it, we will probably be able to afford 1.
Martial is certainly expendable if it means we can improve the squad.

however with Cavani either constantly injured, or leaving in the summer. We may need two strikers if we sell him.

Raven

I don't see them as similar player at all.

Djemba-Djemba

Anything £50m and above I'd sell Martial. Maybe even £40m.

He's a very talented player but this is his 6th season here and he's still wildly inconsistent. You just can't trust him. He might wake up and it's a good day and he's up for it and he's close to unplayable. Or he might wake up in a bad mood and you get a 1/10 display from him. You can't win big trophies with your main striker like that.

Last season it really felt like he'd cracked the code and we were going to benefit from a fully confident Martial from now on but he's followed it with this utter disaster of a season in 20/21. He's been disgracefully bad. 4 league goals by April for the main number 9 for Utd is just so so poor.

It's sad because I really do think he's talented and I was willing things to work out but he's been so bad this year I think it would suit everyone for him to go.

romufc

He's a very talented player but this is his 6th season here and he's still wildly inconsistent. You just can't trust him. He might wake up and it's a good day and he's up for it and he's close to unplayable. Or he might wake up in a bad mood and you get a 1/10 display from him. You can't win big trophies with your main striker like that.

Last season it really felt like he'd cracked the code and we were going to benefit from a fully confident Martial from now on but he's followed it with this utter disaster of a season in 20/21. He's been disgracefully bad. 4 league goals by April for the main number 9 for Utd is just so so poor.

It's sad because I really do think he's talented and I was willing things to work out but he's been so bad this year I think it would suit everyone for him to go.
Yep, I agree, there are times where you just have to cut your losses.

We have invested alot of time in him and provided him the platform to play in his favoured position.

As the main striker, you cannot have one that is in form 2/3 months every 2/3 years, for a club going for big trophies, its not what we need. He has missed big chances in big games for us, look at the Sevilla game, PSG, for example.

Its not even the goals for me anymore, he actually does nothing anymore, alot of fans said his off the ball, his hold up and link up play was good but he seems to have lost that too.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No team will buy Martial for more than 20m given the money he's on. Our best bet is likely Inter - they seem to love all the players we don't.

Water Melon

Pretty much this. Talented player but very inconsistent. If a good offer is made, take it.

Saddy

I could only see PSG with the French connection and high salaries being the best fit for Martial - better option for his style of football.

Although I'd personally prefer Haaland - I would like to think an option would then be a player swop deal with Mbappe and persuading a "motivated" Pogba to team up with his international team mate to help make us great again. It would help sort our right side of the attack and save us money buying an over-priced Sancho.

Let Cavani go and we've got the funds for both their wages.

lex talionis

The correct emoji would be we-screwed-ourselves-face. Martial is on massive wages and has underperformed for most of the six seasons he’s been at OT, this season occupying horrific status.

Bids won’t be flooding in for him, mate.

Raven

The correct emoji would be we-screwed-ourselves-face. Martial is on massive wages and has underperformed for most of the six seasons he’s been at OT, this season occupying horrific status.

Bids won’t be flooding in for him, mate.
For 15-20 million he will not be sold, it's as simple as that.

Siezard

People forgot Martial won the 19/20 players' player of the year for Man utd?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Never great to lose a player but let's be honest, he wasn't going to make much of an impact was he?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If anyone is willing to pay us 15-20m for Martial we need to take that deal.
Thank goodness you're not involved in United, football, or probably anything that involves exchanging services or goods for money.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Doesn't matter if he has epically bad luck this season or he should try harder while still being fit... We are running short of strikers, attackers and we still don't have that many wing option in a classic sense.

At this point Martial takes bit of blame imo, the rest is on this pathetic excuse of investors who time and time again ignoring glaring issues with the squad and it's balance. Just f*ckin pathetic.

Edinson, please, please stay fit...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole has said he may be out for the rest of the season and there’s an Instagram video posted today of him in a knee brace. In reality the season is only another 6 weeks so if the injury is semi-serious he’s out for the season.
That's a good thing to point out, as "out for the season" is usually a disaster! But 6 weeks is still not ideal, but not "that" bad. We hope.

Bad news for his international career. Misses the world cup party, and now this one.

Bwuk

If he’s out for the season I don’t think we’ll see him play for us again.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well that’s finishes off one of the worst seasons I’ve seen and an absolute nightmare for him. I’m gutted for him and for the team, we should have been looking at this season now and gushing over him being player of the season again, but instead he’s just had a nightmare.

IncyWincySpider

Might be for the best, it's been a horrible season for him. I hope he comes back stronger in the autumn.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Miserable season for him. Hope he comes back better than ever next year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole's actual quote is that he'll be out for a few weeks and we hope to get him back before the end of the season

If it's a sprain I don't see how he's out for months?

Giggs' right foot

He's been averaging a goal every 346 minutes - I don't think we'll be missing him at all these last 12-15 games, the way he's played this season. Hope he recovers well - though I pray we sell in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.