Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

A season to forget for him, surely his worst season in his career so far.

now we are left only with Cavani who’s not exactly a fitness rock player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I really hope he doesnt exit United like this, I wish much better for him.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That's a good thing to point out, as "out for the season" is usually a disaster! But 6 weeks is still not ideal, but not "that" bad. We hope.

Bad news for his international career. Misses the world cup party, and now this one.
To be honest it’s a bit mad that he wasn’t sent home. They said he was 50-50 for their next game and it wasn’t serious. Don’t think Ole is too happy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shame for him but I think he'll come back ok next season. Might survive with a potential starting role as I don't think we'll sign a striker and I think we'll roll the dice with Martial and Greenwood, and possibly keeping Cavani. But been a terrible season after his best season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Big blow considering Cavani can't stay fit for more than 1 game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You think he is staying? I have no clue honestly.
I think he'll stay. It's only a year since he had a really good season for us. And there aren't any obvious CF targets who are affordable and definite starters. And I can see us going for Sancho as well, so we may only add a backuo CF again to replace Cavani if he goes.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
"[Anthony Martial has sprained his knee with France. It looks like he'll be out for a few weeks, definitely. We hope to get him back before the end of the season but we're not sure.” - Back to score the winner against Arsenal in the Europa final.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be honest it’s a bit mad that he wasn’t sent home. They said he was 50-50 for their next game and it wasn’t serious. Don’t think Ole is too happy.
It is annoying as he hadn't played for us with a niggle, so shouldn't have been anywhere near an international squad.
Thank goodness Cavani and Rashy are back or we'd have been a bit stretched.

Chairman Steve

If he werent on astronomical wages, I’d say he’d be starting on the bench from the start of next season with a new central striker in his place.

But the club have given him said astronomical wages and players on those types of wages cannot afford to be some hot and cold player. They’ve got to be producing goals and/or assists almost every game... Therefore it’s a bad situation because other players will start demanding those types of wages when they see Martial sitting on the bench and not doing much, whilst they’re starting every week and contributing.

This is one of the worst seasonal performances by a Utd player I’ve seen in my lifetime, by taking into account what they did last season, their age, the number of games they played and their squad status.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think he'll stay. It's only a year since he had a really good season for us. And there aren't any obvious CF targets who are affordable and definite starters. And I can see us going for Sancho as well, so we may only add a backuo CF again to replace Cavani if he goes.
This seems sensible yes, if he has another season like this we'd be in big trouble though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Waste of a season for him. Poor return in front of goal and now potentially will miss the run in.

I don’t think it’s his last season for us, though I think it should be

Djemba-Djemba

If he werent on astronomical wages, I’d say he’d be starting on the bench from the start of next season with a new central striker in his place.

But the club have given him said astronomical wages and players on those types of wages cannot afford to be some hot and cold player. They’ve got to be producing goals and/or assists almost every game... Therefore it’s a bad situation because other players will start demanding those types of wages when they see Martial sitting on the bench and not doing much, whilst they’re starting every week and contributing.

This is one of the worst seasonal performances by a Utd player I’ve seen in my lifetime, by taking into account what they did last season, their age, the number of games they played and their squad status.
I can't think of a worse season when you add in all that context.

To go from last season when he was arguably our best player over the course of the whole campaign, to becoming probably our worst player this season must be unprecedented.

I don't think he'll leave in the Summer, even though I think he should do. But whatever happens he needs to take the next 3 or 4 months and get himself straight. He's been fecking woeful this season and if he has any pride he should be embarrassed at his 20/21 efforts .

He needs to sort himself out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His injury record is as bad as his inconsistency

GwilDor

I’m really looking forward to see what we’re doing in the market this season.
Tony excelled when he was a clear starter. Once Cavani came, his form died. Like, proper burial died.
I think Cavani will leave this summer, so question is if we want to go with an insecure Martial as our starting forward, or get rid of Martial aswell, and get someone like Haaland as our #1. Problem is i think other positions have bigger priority than forward.
If Haaland moves this summer we’ll obviously try to get him, but if we can’t get him we’ll stick with Tony, and revisit summer ‘22.

always_hoping

Solskjaer on Martial: 'If we get him back before the end of the season I’ll be surprised.

A nightmare season for Martial

OmarUnited4ever

Yesterday news from L'equipe mention that Martial's injury isn't as bad as feared and might return this month.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As things stand this is his worst season for United. First time I’d be genuinely interested in replacing him.

Raven

As things stand this is his worst season for United. First time I’d be genuinely interested in replacing him.
By miles. It's been hard to watch, hopefully he'll come back from his injury with a clearer head because I'd love to see him back at his best.

Club announcement/Ole says out rest of season.

"Anthony has started his recovery and, if we see him before the end of the season, I will be very surprised".

Goodbye?
really not a good time for an injury. If there were any clubs who might have been interested, this will really put them off.

we have a big problem in attack with Martial so appallingly bad, and Cavani only playing sporadically and woefully out of form.

Water Melon

Club announcement/Ole says out rest of season.

"Anthony has started his recovery and, if we see him before the end of the season, I will be very surprised".

Goodbye?
I doubt Ole's message can be read as a farewell. Cavani is likely to leave, Rashford is due a surgery, we will need a new striker, with martial in the team. Selling him will serve no purpose. Nobody will offer a fortune for him and he will have to replaced by an attacker. In this COVID climate I doubt we will sign one top class striker, let alone two.

lex talionis

Possible blessing in disguise. Martial was just coasting through the season, not putting much effort in and not getting much production out. We’re just internet posters so we can’t really know what’s in the minds of these people we watch from afar but he looked like a footballer who was bored with United and perhaps looking for a club to come in for him.

With our season pretty much wrapped up now Tony doesn’t need to be rushed back. And given how poor he’s been, his massive wages and now this it seems highly unlikely he’s going anywhere next season.

Will this send a rocket up his arse? Possibly.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I doubt Ole's message can be read as a farewell. Cavani is likely to leave, Rashford is due a surgery, we will need a new striker, with martial in the team. Selling him will serve no purpose. Nobody will offer a fortune for him and he will have to replaced by an attacker. In this COVID climate I doubt we will sign one top class striker, let alone two.
I wasn't meaning Ole, just a rhetorical question.

I'm still leaning towards a part ex for Haaland (£50m plus AM)

Water Melon

I wasn't meaning Ole, just a rhetorical question.

I'm still leaning towards a part ex for Haaland (£50m plus AM)
Oh, misunderstood you then, mate. Doubt Dortmund will want AM, also they are not likely to pay him what he would want. I have already resigned to missing on Erling.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Dortmund apparently want about £130m for Haaland.

If we part exchange Martial, we'd have to pay about £150m
Boom boom! :)

I actually think he'd do ok there and a partex prevents Dortmund diving straight into the market and getting ripped because they've got barrow loads of cash.

If they finish outside the top.4, would Haaland want to stay/would Dortmund want to cash in? If they keep him, his release clause kicks in next year and they lose tens of millions.

They should think carefully and remind themselves what they did with Sancho. Likely cost them a fortune and holding on to Haaland could cost them more, especially without the CL money.

SAF is the GOAT

I've heard that he tried to bulk up his body mass like Lukaku tried it before.

I don't know even why he did because he looks so sloppy with the ball, doesn't look fit at all.

Siezard

Need to have faith in Martial in times like this! After all, he's the most skilful striker in the squad.

MattofManchester

When you see players like him having 250k a week contracts, while Bruno earns less than half that, it's no wonder our wage bill is broken.

Raven

When you see players like him having 250k a week contracts, while Bruno earns less than half that, it's no wonder our wage bill is broken.
I'm still pretty sure that 250k a week is if he hits all his targets, I would say his basic is somewhere between 150 and 180k, which is exactly what he will have earnt almost every week this season.

AgentSmith

I'm still pretty sure that 250k a week is if he hits all his targets, I would say his basic is somewhere between 150 and 180k, which is exactly what he will have earnt almost every week this season.
Where have you read that’s how his contract is broken down?

Status
Not open for further replies.