Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He was poor, no saying otherwise but we were also no better in the CF position (I'd say worse) when he went off.

However I remember before Cavani's good spell from mid April the excuses that were made for his poor performances (people seem to forget he had quite a few). Mainly the lack of service, it's an on going problem for this team.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/edinson-cavani-2020-21-performances.457992/page-59

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His confidence is absolutely shot, it actually started a season ago after he missed countless chances against Sevilla in the EL semi. I don't think we can either afford to carry him anymore nor can we wait for him to come good (I think most are resigned to that fact). I think we need to get rid of him at the end of this season.

E-mal

Once he gets a semblance of some form, we should cash in on him and bring in a proper center forward that is hungry to win and knows that position.
I'm one of his biggest fan but this is it for me, he has to go.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's just so bad. I have no idea what he's been doing in training that Ole would start him up top today, but given Mason's performance in our demolition of Leeds it was frustrating as shit seeing Merial start up top today. He definitely must be showing something in training though, there's really no other explanation.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I don't think he's blameless, but I'm pretty sure it was plain to see our passing was generally atrocious today. He was definitely off the pace and didn't prepare himself well enough to receive the ball against aggressive defenders.
He's always like that...not just today. That's his standard performance.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's always like that...not just today. That's his standard performance.
Also a valid point, I'm just not going to write him off after his first game back when as a collective we were very poor.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Also a valid point, I'm just not going to write him off after his first game back when as a collective we were very poor.
It’s easier to stand out when the whole team is shit. If he had put an ounce of effort it would have been noticed given how shit the entire team was. We missed a chance when Inter wanted him on loan. Should have given him, cash and someone else to get Martinez in return.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It’s easier to stand out when the whole team is shit. If he had put an ounce of effort it would have been noticed given how shit the entire team was. We missed a chance when Inter wanted him on loan. Should have given him, cash and someone else to get Martinez in return.
I hate to break it to you, but if you find Martial frustrating, Martinez would not be a good swap.

I think he did put effort in, again, if you've ever ran the channels as a striker, it takes a lot out of you. I personally don't think he's fit enough for a game like that and I'm not sure that's how we wanted to play him today. I'm not excusing some of the poor touches, poor positioning, like I'm not excusing the shit defending, poor passing and even shaky keeping at points.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I thought this analysis from Leo Avery was spot on:

“You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go.”

jem

First game in 6 months or something, maybe 8 months. Relax haha
Yeah, I'm actually not too fussed about Martial's performance today. He looked rusty, but it was his start in a long, long time. I don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter, but I like the depth he provides.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I can't stand players like him that have next to no effort. He should be busting a gut like tevez on speed to get his utd carrer back on track. These guys are so lucky and he is very talented I just can't stomach his and other players mentality I just can't. I think I this sense uve either got it or you haven't.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No idea why still here never mind playing.

Maybe we're going to use him as a sweetener for a Haaland bid in Jan. Dortmund will need a replacement forward and it'll be hard to get one in Jan transfer window... any club can say "£65m", we can say £xxm plus an instant replacement... who knows, maybe Martial works there.

lenny_1248

I get why everyone is furious with his game right now.
But let's wait for International break. He missed 5 months with knee injury. 2-3 games are not enough to regain form.

sokol11

He's just so bad. I have no idea what he's been doing in training that Ole would start him up top today, but given Mason's performance in our demolition of Leeds it was frustrating as shit seeing Merial start up top today. He definitely must be showing something in training though, there's really no other explanation.
Put in the shop window in desperate atempt to find a buyer for him before the window shuts. Based on performance there will be a few takers.

PaulRich

Hes been out for 5 months with a bad knee injury. He shouldnt be starting and playing the 30 minute cameo at the end to build his fitness. Having said that he does need to look arsed.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It's all well and good to say let him get his match fitness back first, he was dog shit for the entire season last time around, he has run out of goodwill and needs to get his shit together.

crossy1686

career ending
It's the second game of the season and he doesn't look fit so I'll cut him some slack, but his movement is so poor and his hold up play is just as bad, nothing sticks to him. His sharpness in front of goal seems to have evaporated also but I'm hoping this one at least is just a fitness issue. If he's still pulling this shit 10 games in he has to go in the summer.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's the second game of the season and he doesn't look fit so I'll cut him some slack, but his movement is so poor and his hold up play is just as bad, nothing sticks to him. His sharpness in front of goal seems to have evaporated also but I'm hoping this one at least is just a fitness issue. If he's still pulling this shit 10 games in he has to go in the summer.
Don't think we'll find any buyers with his wages.

Whoever green lit his massive wage increase should be sacked honestly.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't think we'll find any buyers with his wages.

Whoever green lit his massive wage increase should be sacked honestly.
It will be loan deal with option to buy to Inter next summer. Something like Sanchez. Apparently it was the Glazers who wanted him to resign, against Mourinho's wishes, who wanted him gone

Eddy_JukeZ

It will be loan deal with option to buy to Inter next summer. Something like Sanchez. Apparently it was the Glazers who wanted him to resign, against Mourinho's wishes, who wanted him gone
I'd do that deal ASAP if we can ship him off. And yes, Joel Glazer is a huge fan of his. He vetoed the sale personally IIRC.

MattofManchester

He needs to drop deep and move around when defence sit deep.
Has he not learned anything from Cavani???

He can't only have it his way where he's got space to run through, because it seems to be the only time he moves.

Hopefully he improves, but the level he continues to show is shambolic.

sillwuka

Once he gets a semblance of some form, we should cash in on him and bring in a proper center forward that is hungry to win and knows that position.
Summed it up very well for me.

He may just need a new challenge,

baddychat

I thought this analysis from Leo Avery was spot on:

“You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go.”
Yes I quite agree with Leo Avery's analysis as well. He was non existent for the better part of 60 minutes that he was on the field.
It would be good to find out the number of touches he took after which he played a forward pass.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Think he's showing some great movement up front, maybe Learned a bit from Cavani? I hope he gets more playing time as CF.
No that can't be the case. Greenwood improving could mean we become less reliant on Martial and that only happens in @Raven's nightmares.

He was poor, no saying otherwise but we were also no better in the CF position (I'd say worse) when he went off.
Yes, but playing CF after having busted a nut for 60min as a winger is much more difficult. Greenwood has had good performances in his secondary position a lot more recent than City away and the 19/20 season.

SAF is the GOAT

Ole said that Tony is sharp.

I saw at least 2 chances in this game that if he put down the ball correctly with his chest - he can put himself in a dangerous situation, but he did it so poorly.

If you'll re watch Mason's goal, you'll notice that Tony stands still in front of like 1 yard from the goalkeeper.

I don't know what he thought he was doing - maybe trying to be on the rebound if someone will have shot on goal, but when you see Mason in this goal you can see that he moves, he's trying to free himself in order to have a shot on goal, Tony doesn't.

NoLogo

What really shocks me about him is that he seems to have lost any explosiveness at all he definitely had when he joined us and that completely without any heavy injury or do I forget something that could have brought this about?

Mr.Marty

Put him out for sale, 10-15 millions. (Remember in my FM21 game, Matrial never played at United and was eventually sold to Bournemouth and found his level. Sometimes Football Manager is realistic, they even was right of Italy winning over England on pens in Euro 2020 final. This season United also won the Champions League. So we'll see :P)

E-mal

I feel sorry for him but he's lost, he needs a change of scenery and we need an effective centre forward. He is just not an intelligent footballer or perhaps just lazy.
He tried to put a shift in after Mason scored the goal, felt he was embarrassed by a younger player showing him up. We could have done better with any of the Southampton forwards, that's how bad it is.

Dan's Up

You only have to look at Antonio's performance tonight for West Ham to realise how lacklustre Martials performances are. Like chalk and cheese. Antonio's performance is exactly what Martial should be doing week in week out.
He just doesn't have the desire or the balls for the job

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Put him out for sale, 10-15 millions. (Remember in my FM21 game, Matrial never played at United and was eventually sold to Bournemouth and found his level. Sometimes Football Manager is realistic, they even was right of Italy winning over England on pens in Euro 2020 final. This season United also won the Champions League. So we'll see :P)
:nono:

Hawks2008

Said in another thread that if a club offered us 25m I'd snap their hands off. More performances like that and we'd be lucky to get that much.

keithsingleton

Been saying for over 12 months + get rid. He only turns up for his wages, no commitment, no desire, no hunger, no passion. Fcuking sell him and put the money towards a striker. #deadwood

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Agreed. Lets see if he finds some top form though

Status
Not open for further replies.