Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wish Arsenal did more transfers with us.

Our rivalry is too old now and Martial is a good type of player for them. Not the best of the best but good for improvement.

We have passed that improvement stage now and need the best of the best again.

kthanksbye

I'm just tired of criticizing him, it's sad because he's got all the skills to be a very useful player, unfortunately it doesn't seem like he really cares.

MattofManchester

I don't know if it's me, but he looks like he's put on some weight, and he's very slow to react these days.
He also doesn't seem to have that burst of pace anymore.

Winrar

He's a young lad with tons of potential. We just need to give him more time to develop.

just like jesse lingard

RedStarUnited

Did anything significant happen to him personally after 19/20?

I just dont understand how a player with this much ability and after having what we thought was his breakout season, Can be the this bad currently?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
First game back after a series of injuries and altogether had been out of action for a long time.. So slacken off from the hyper criticism please folks..

Certainly though he is not a cfwd.. Not a centre fwd by any type

snk123

Ole said that Tony is sharp.

I saw at least 2 chances in this game that if he put down the ball correctly with his chest - he can put himself in a dangerous situation, but he did it so poorly.

If you'll re watch Mason's goal, you'll notice that Tony stands still in front of like 1 yard from the goalkeeper.

I don't know what he thought he was doing - maybe trying to be on the rebound if someone will have shot on goal, but when you see Mason in this goal you can see that he moves, he's trying to free himself in order to have a shot on goal, Tony doesn't.
Oh FFS stop with the biased micro analysis already.

If you watch Masons goals again do you see that he scuffs his shot completely and keeper should have saved it. Martial is in a perfect position to put the rebound in.

The hate is ridiculous.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wish Arsenal did more transfers with us.

Our rivalry is too old now and Martial is a good type of player for them. Not the best of the best but good for improvement.

We have passed that improvement stage now and need the best of the best again.
I'd say he's exactly not the type of player they should be signing. They need hungry, determined players who can positively inform the character of their side.

RAVred

Regardless of how he performed in this last game or whatever. Overall he has been a flop at United so far. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional he’s had two good seasons if you want to be brutally honest and not hit close to the heights most wanted and expected after his first breakout season.

right now I’d much rather Greenwood start ahead of him and that says something as Greenwood has played not even two years of fully fledged pro footy. Giving him his stupid salary is one of the worst mistakes we made because no team wants him on those similar wages. The cult like worship some have of him over social media is pure delusion and strange at the least. I remember a few years ago when the narrative was that his return for United isn’t great because he’s a CF/9 being shoe horned as a left wing (when we signed Lukaku). Now that he’s shown he’s rubbish through the middle the narrative by his fans has shifted back.

I always preferred him as a LW because his play style and ways to score is relatively one dimensional, and the disappointing thing is it still hasn’t changed since he first signed. Whether it’s the weather or the pressure he hasn’t been good enough at United and we should get rid (as we were rightly trying to do in the summer).
If his country winning a World Cup without him couldn’t motivate him to fix up nothing can

RooneyLegend

So he's back from an injury and hasn't really had a pre season and is clearly not match fit and yet people want him gone asap? how quickly you guys forget. Not so long ago he was arguably our best player. It reads eerily similar to Pogba's thread in the first half of last season, wonder if its the same posters. The Shaw saga should've taught you guys not to quit on our really talented players too quickly but I guess it didn't.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We still have to give him some time as unlike the others he was absent both during the latter third of last season and didn't feature for his NT in the summer so he's playing football at this level after a decent break.

But of course his United career is on very brittle ground now. A club of our size cannot rely on him for much longer unless he sorts himself out. One thing I find truly strange is how a player as technically brilliant as he is can go from such a devastating dribbler to... nothing, so early in his career. He's 25 which is still young. I don't know if it's a loss of self belief or him trying too hard to be a propah 9 but that whole ball glued to his feet / can leave defenders twisted thing seems firmly in his past, which is very sad to see.

RAVred

So he's back from an injury and hasn't really had a pre season and is clearly not match fit and yet people want him gone asap? how quickly you guys forget. Not so long ago he was arguably our best player. It reads eerily similar to Pogba's thread in the first half of last season, wonder if its the same posters. The Shaw saga should've taught you guys not to quit on our really talented players too quickly but I guess it didn't.
When was he ever our definitive best player?

you mean the one ole season where we won feck all and challenged for nothing?

jem

Hence the poster's use of 'arguably'. He was excellent in 2019-20 - it's revisionist to suggest otherwise.

SAFMUTD

First game in 6 months or something, maybe 8 months. Relax haha
It's not only about fitness is about attitude, as you said first game in 8 months after Cavani took your place, I would have expected a little more attitude and enthusiasm from him.

RAVred

Hence the poster's use of 'arguably'. He was excellent in 2019-20 - it's revisionist to suggest otherwise.
he was excellent in a season where we did nothing. And got a 250k a week pound contract back of that which makes him impossible to offload

RooneyLegend

I said 'arguably', our players themselves vote him as our best player.

We've won feck all in a long time doesn't mean you have to discredit our players performances who actually play well.

jem

he was excellent in a season where we did nothing. And got a 250k a week pound contract back of that which makes him impossible to offload
So by that same measure, Bruno's contributions during that season were also meaningless?

Raven

He was given that contract the season before I'm pretty sure.

DomM

I fully expect to see a sulky Martial achieving next to nothing all season and simply not learning from his constant mistakes, he simply doesn't understand his position or requirements.

Guv77

Gone further down the pecking order with CR7 coming home.
He might actually see the hunger and work rate required to be a top footballer.

Raw

Really cant see him starting many games for us if Ronaldo comes home and when Rashford comes back. Maybe the occasional cup game? Then again wouldn't want to take too many minutes from Elanga either.

Ideally we'd sell him while he still has some value, but he'll just rot on the bench all season instead.

JawZ

Make it loan with obligation to buy, Italian's favourite way of doing business :)

The_Midfielder

I don't think we will send him on loan.. With covid , injury and international games.. I think it is better to keep him..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ronnie CF
Cavani CF
Greenwood RW, CF, LW
Rashford LW, RW, CF
Sancho RW, LW
Pogba LW
Mata RW

We're keeping Elanga and I didn't include James or Lingard.

He costs 15m a year and has 3 years left on his contract...

Nobody will be interested after another poor season. We must sell him.

MattofManchester

His career is over here, isn't it?

Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood and even Rashford are all higher in choice than him.

On the left, Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford and Pogba all ahead of him.

Barring a miracle, looks like he's done in Manchester.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
sell Martial next summer or even now but I think it’s too late for this window.

Ronaldo/Cavani ahead of him this year

Ronaldo/Haaland ahead of him next year…his funds will go towards getting Haaland anyways.

AneRu

sell Martial next summer or even now but I think it’s too late for this window.

Ronaldo/Cavani ahead of him this year

Ronaldo/Haaland ahead of him next year…his funds will go towards getting Haaland anyways.
He will go, the writing is on the wall. I think both him and Cavani will be gone by January and also a young striker like Martial is a prime candidate for a deadline day saga.

spiriticon

well I guess now he doesn't have to watch old videos of Ronaldo to learn about movement

Status
Not open for further replies.