4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

Its been clear of a long time that AML is his best position.

I know many, myself included, have been critical of Martial, but I never want to see Dan James starting over him

Tragically Hip

Seems to have no defined position, no purpose, and no drive. He isn't going to just radically change for the better; when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The guy's played about 110 mins total competitive football since March, and people are frustrated that he's not lighting it up straight away.

Relax, he'll be fine.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thought he put himself twice? in a good position to score.
Liked his contribution, and really should be starting on the left to be honest. Needs a goal sometime soon.

Silas

Seems to have no defined position, no purpose, and no drive. He isn't going to just radically change for the better; when someone shows you who they are, believe them.
I'm convinced people write these posts ahead of time and have them auto-posted after each match.

Idxomer

Thought he put himself twice? in a good position to score.
Liked his contribution, and really should be starting on the left to be honest. Needs a goal sometime soon.
Yep, Bruno should've found him at the end.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't think the problem is drive. I don't see how you suddenly go from scoring 20 goals in a season, reliable finisher, excellent in buildup, decent assists, and then so bad that you score 4 all season, miss easy chances, can't dribble, can't create ...

If it was just drive, he would at least still be clinical or show some ability when he got the ball or produce some nice assists. *Everything* deserted him, not just tackles and distance.

Highfather_24

Received a lot of abuse recently, some saying he's not even worth 10M apparently. He had 35G+A in 2019/20. He just had a very bad 12months. He's not as bad as some of you claim, he just came back from a long injury with zero pre-season.

Decent today. Probably needs a change of scenery.

kiristao

Good performance. Much more positive in 15 mins than Sanco was in 75. He also has a good understanding with Shaw so it helps when he plays on the left.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It wasn’t bad, that’s the best I can describe but then again only playing few mins as subs so not like we can expect more so for subs performance, it was okay. However, I still think we should sell him to buy midfielder and move Pogba on the left.

Redcy

People going overboard on a fifteen minute cameo. Yeah he was better than sabcho, but for me that shows he is not a cf, and we don’t really need another lw. Still not getting in the team at cf.

UnitedRepublic

People going overboard on a fifteen minute cameo. Yeah he was better than sabcho, but for me that shows he is not a cf, and we don’t really need another lw. Still not getting in the team at cf.
Same way when he has a average game there is no middle ground when it comes to Martial because of the extreme hate he gets

Redlyn

Can at least beat his man. And if anything this game showed us it was that he was NOT at fault for the second game.
He was very very poor in the last game and even a hatrick in this one wouldn't change that.

Redlyn

He was great season before last and poor last one. If he's not leaving who knows what this season holds. The other game was disappointing but this season can't be similar or worse than last surely. More encouraging performance today.

Grande

He was very weak for the two first games, a lot better today. Someone will probably conclude ‘they were always right’ simething about him not being a cf, not being motivated, being hyped up after fifteen minutes bla bla bla. I think it suffices to say he probably is in better form now than 90 minutes’ of football ago, and that those fifteen minutes looked more like the 2019/20 version than the 2020/21 version.

jem

He was very weak for the two first games, a lot better today. Someone will probably conclude ‘they were always right’ simething about him not being a cf, not being motivated, being hyped up after fifteen minutes bla bla bla. I think it suffices to say he probably is in better form now than 90 minutes’ of football ago, and that those fifteen minutes looked more like the 2019/20 version than the 2020/21 version.
I don't think he was weak when he came off the bench against Leeds. I think he's had two encouraging sub appearances and one underwhelming start.

Sylar

Good cameo. I think this competition will ultimately help United as there shouldnt be a guaranteed starter (unless somebody is in form like Mason right now).

If we play 433 next game, then theres an argument he should play left striker like he was when he came on.

MDFC Manager

Looked bit under confident to really take people on, but still a decent outing. Worked himself for the team.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Left inside forward is his best position and now, with Cavani and Cristiano here, i doubt that we will see him on no9 again.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The guy's played about 110 mins total competitive football since March, and people are frustrated that he's not lighting it up straight away.

Relax, he'll be fine.
People would probably be more relaxed if he hadn't been displaying the same (or worse) form prior to his injury.

Carl

Agree with all those saying he isn't a striker. It's been very obvious for a long time that his best position is that inside left one. Similar to Greenwood, many seem to be determined to make him into something he isn't.

OmarUnited4ever

Good game for him, hope he finds his groove.

I think with CR & Cavani as No.9, he will have to compete with Rashford for LW spot, Greenwood & Sancho for RW spot, which means we have a strong set of forwards (assuming Rashford comes back raring to go, Martial and Sancho hit good form).

abailey123

A confidence boosting cameo from Martial yesterday. He looked miles better on the left and sees more ball. He’ll cut inside and take defenders on from the left. Rashford / Martial on the left, Cavani / Ronaldo as No 9 & Sancho / Greenwood on the right will give defences headaches

keener

I really do hope to never see him on the pitch again. I don't mean that spitefully as I hope he finds another club and has a nice career. I don't think he has a role in a top top club. As a winger, he can't pass, has such limited vision, poor work rate and I find myself so frustrated watching him that it significantly detracts from my enjoyment of watching our games.

I really hope he moves on. There's no room for him on a front 3 in this Club or any top club.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
People would probably be more relaxed if he hadn't been displaying the same (or worse) form prior to his injury.
He absolutely had a bad season last season that's not under question, but I think the vitriol from our fanbase really isn't helpful either.
We've already seen from the likes of Lingard what continuous torrential abuse on social media can do to affect a player's mental health & that can come across on the pitch too.
Let's not forget that after every bad performance from Martial last year he was the victim of racial abuse from our fan base - that's simply unacceptable.

Obviously it's idealistic but we shouldn't continue to encourage criticism that isn't constructive and should call it out when we see it too.
We have these ridiculous divides and people are too willing to turn on our own players far too easily.

Carl

He absolutely had a bad season last season that's not under question, but I think the vitriol from our fanbase really isn't helpful either.
We've already seen from the likes of Lingard what continuous torrential abuse on social media can do to affect a player's mental health & that can come across on the pitch too.
Let's not forget that after every bad performance from Martial last year he was the victim of racial abuse from our fan base - that's simply unacceptable.

Obviously it's idealistic but we shouldn't continue to encourage criticism that isn't constructive and should call it out when we see it too.
We have these ridiculous divides and people are too willing to turn on our own players far too easily.
Our online fan representation is toxic as feck tbf. Seems that way for most clubs really.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Martial isn't leaving. 250k a week pretty much rules that out. No club in world would match those wages.

spiriticon

People will say nasty stuff on social media and when they meet you face to face they sing all your praises. It's a two faced culture.

If I was Martial, I wouldn't take any criticism from anonymous people on social media to be representative of fanbase.

But I'm sure Ole will have told him that he still needs to improve a lot though. That's the only opinion which matters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The abuse he gets online is a disgrace. Every post is littered with vitrol.

MadMike

The abuse he gets online is a disgrace. Every post is littered with vitrol.
So many humans are absolute twats and the protection offered by social media online anonymity allows them to put their unhinged cuntishness on full display?

Well I never...

Frank White

Looked bright when he came on. People won’t admit it because they just hate him sadly.
Nearly all the replies after the game said he played decent to good?

IMO he had a very decent cameo and hopefully he’s going to show it soon over the course of 90 minutes/week in, week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.