4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedRepublic

Don’t even bring me on for added time when Lingard gets more time thats what I’m thinking

MadMike

Comes on with 5 minutes to go but runs as if he played the previous 85 minutes.

No words for him anymore. And I was a HUGE fan.
Coming on here to bash a player that came on for 5 minutes at the end of a shambolic team performance and hardly did anything wrong.

No words for you mate, only pity.

RedStarUnited

Coming on here to bash a player that came on for 5 minutes at the end of a shambolic team performance and hardly did anything wrong.

No words for you mate, only pity.
If I come on with 5 to go and my teams mates need me because they are tired, id run more than he did.

If you dont believe that fine.

UnitedRepublic

Most of you are going to read my post as if im blaming him for the defeat.

Im annoyed at his general lack of enthusiasm for the game.
There is no enthusiasm coming on with 1 minute left of full time unless you’re a defender If you’ve played football you’d know that

Sylar

Should have come on earlier as an outlet. At the very least we could have gone long ball to him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think we see out the game if we bring him on for Ronaldo. Say what you want, but he can at least hold the ball up under pressure. Lingard was like playing with 8 outfield players.

Stadjer

Should have scored a hattrick and won the game in the few minutes he was on.

He didnt so he surely deserves critism for todays game!

Raven

Definitely should have come on instead of Jesse, unbelievably poor decision from Ole.

CloneMC16

Definitely should have come on instead of Jesse, unbelievably poor decision from Ole.
That was the weirdest sub for me. Martial on for Ronaldo is a straight swap. Baffled by Ole tonight. Not blaming any players.

Raven

That was the weirdest sub for me. Martial on for Ronaldo is a straight swap. Baffled by Ole tonight. Not blaming any players.
I'm 100% blaming AWB and Jesse but Ole definitely takes some of the criticism. Martial was such an obvious sub if he really felt the need to take off Ronaldo.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Some people are so used to their usual Martial hate circle jerk in here that they expect to get it started whenever they pop up in here whether he deserves it or not.

Funny enough, his performances have steadily been improving as well as his sharpness after being out for a long time yet all some want to post in here is their usual hate and agenda filled complaints.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm 100% blaming AWB and Jesse but Ole definitely takes some of the criticism. Martial was such an obvious sub if he really felt the need to take off Ronaldo.
I think he wanted to reward Lingard for his last game performance and I think the idea was to add more bodies in midfield and defensive/running effort.

Raven

I think he wanted to reward Lingard for his last game performance and I think the idea was to add more bodies in midfield and defensive/running effort.
I understood what he was going for but it was just inviting pressure by not having some sort of outlet.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Reward? Give him a damn cookie or something. Don't reward someone like this

MadMike

There’s no point in having bodies in midfield if there’s no outlet to hold the ball up front. You get the ball in midfield and then what? Get pressed until you hoof it or lose it?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I understood what he was going for but it was just inviting pressure by not having some sort of outlet.
True.

Ole removed everyone with enough pace to keep YB honest and basically had the team filled with midfielders, with hardly any pace.

Martial for Ronaldo was the obvious sub. He can hold up the ball and his pace was going to be a threat, especially with YB camping in our half with no worries of being hit on the counter.

Odd subs by Ole.

There’s no point in having bodies in midfield if there’s no outlet to hold the ball up front. You get the ball in midfield and then what? Get pressed until you hoof it or lose it?
True.

Ole should have either left Ronaldo and sub him for Martial. Could have also brought in Greenwood. Ole removed any pace from our team and just loaded it with midfielders who had no outlets or anywhere to go.

Raven

True.

Ole removed everyone with enough pace to keep YB honest and basically had the team filled with midfielders, with hardly any pace.

Martial for Ronaldo was the obvious sub. He can hold up the ball and his pace was going to be a threat, especially with YB camping in our half with no worries of being hit on the counter.

Odd subs by Ole.

True.

Ole should have either left Ronaldo and sub him for Martial. Could have also brought in Greenwood. Ole removed any pace from our team and just loaded it with midfielders who had no outlets or anywhere to go.
It was fairly mind boggling, most glaring mistake I've seen from Ole in a while.

CloneMC16

We were already poor before AWB was sent off. Jesse was asked to play in midfield where Fred should have been playing. I blame Ole for his awful subs and bus parking against a bunch of farmers.

Raven

We were already poor before AWB was sent off. Jesse was asked to play in midfield where Fred should have been playing. I blame Ole for his awful subs and bus parking against a bunch of farmers.
We were controlling the game before the red card, let's not talk shit. Jesse is an experienced professional, he has no excuse for playing that pass. AWB was so fecking clumsy it was unbelievable. Yes Ole takes some of the blame but you can't absolve those 2 idiots either.

CloneMC16

We were controlling the game before the red card, let's not talk shit. Jesse is an experienced professional, he has no excuse for playing that pass. AWB was so fecking clumsy it was unbelievable. Yes Ole takes some of the blame but you can't absolve those 2 idiots either.
We had one shot on goal before the red card. Luckily, Ronaldo scored it. Having a lot of possession means nothing if you can't create anything. They countered us and had shots on a goal a few times before the red card as well. Those two mistakes has made this worse, but overall, this was very bad from the management.

Raven

We had one shot on goal before the red card. Luckily, Ronaldo scored it. Having a lot of possession means nothing if you can't create anything. They countered us and had shots on a goal a few times before the red card as well. Those two mistakes has made this worse, but overall, this was very bad from the management.
Except we created a goal? The lack of coherence here is unbelievable.

CloneMC16

Except we created a goal? The lack of coherence here is unbelievable.
Yes. The one chance we created is the shot we scored. We created nothing else in 35 minutes. Is that acceptable against this level of opposition? Once the red card came, we did nothing else attacking wise. I don't see how my prior post is incoherent.

Raven

Yes. The one chance we created is the shot we scored. We created nothing else in 35 minutes. Is that acceptable against this level of opposition? Once the red card came, we did nothing else attacking wise. I don't see how my prior post is incoherent.
You said we didn't create anything. We did. We were 1 nil up and comfortable, probably would have won 2 or 3 nil if AWB didn't get sent off.

CloneMC16

You said we didn't create anything. We did. We were 1 nil up and comfortable, probably would have won 2 or 3 nil if AWB didn't get sent off.
We created one chance and scored it. I disagree that we were comfortable. They were still counter attacking us and looking dangerous. Do you seriously believe we were playing well with only one shot on goal in 35 minutes? If this is a 'comfortable' performance by United standards, that is really poor. We probably win with 11 men, but I'm still concerned with how easy it is to nullify our attack.

Raven

We created one chance and scored it. I disagree that we were comfortable. They were still counter attacking us and looking dangerous. Do you seriously believe we were playing well with only one shot on goal in 35 minutes? If this is a 'comfortable' performance by United standards, that is really poor. We probably win with 11 men, but I'm still concerned with how easy it is to nullify our attack.
They hadn't nullified our attack, we scored within 15 minutes :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sancho, Rashford, Pogba and Lingard all in front of him in pecking order. Ronny and Cavani on striker position. He wasn't this low even under Jose's reign

Raven

Sancho, Rashford, Pogba and Lingard all in front of him in packing order. Ronny and Cavani on striker position. He wasn't this low even under Jose's reign
You can probably take Lingard off that list after tonight :lol:

Dominos

If you're going to sub Ronaldo then Martial would have been the logical sub. He can play with his back to goal and win free kicks.

Lingard up front was absolutely bizarre.

lex talionis

I consider his recent performances to be an improvement and no grounds to have a moan about him. Having a moan about him now is out of context.

I’ve not seen anyone get tantalisingly close to their peak 3-4 games after their return from a 6 month absence. So I don’t expect it of Martial either. Do you?
I see quite a few players who have played well for United so far this season, today being an aberration across the board. De Gea, for example, looks fantastic. Bruno has been fantastic, an improvement over how he closed out last season. Shaw was a revelation last season, and so far so good this season.

But if your point is that Martial performed no worse relative to his prior peak (the season before) than everyone else on the squad last season and so far this season, so say so and I will beg to agree to disagree.

I don’t have a comment on Martial about today.

keener

I do not, nor have ever considered him to have world class skills. He at the most flattering, is an elite dribbler when running at a defender (when he's playing well). He has proven to be above average at finishing as well. Other than that I find his game bang average. To say he has world class talent is laughable. To me world class entails being the best 1 or 2 players at your position in the world. He's never shown me that he'll ever come close to this level of performance. I'm typically a homer that always tries to see the potential and positives in one of our boys but he's exhausted me. I can't see it anymore. Sadly.

UnitedRepublic

I think he’ll leave next season thats probably whats best for him and the club.
It’s not like he’s not better than Sancho and Jessie but he won’t get the playing time needed for him at this age.
Probably PSG/Real maybe Juventus don’t be shocked when it happens.

Last edited:

Frank White

I think he’ll leave next season thats probably whats best for him and the club.
It’s not like he’s not better than Sancho and Jessie but he won’t get the playing time needed for him at this age.
Probably PSG/Real maybe Juventus don’t be shocked when it happens.
Is he guaranteed more playing time at any of them three then he is here? Like it's been pointed out in here before he's just returning from a long lay off, so more than likely the match sharpness isn't quite there yet. We're only 6 games into to a long season he'll hopefully get a start midweek against West Ham in the cup and show that he does have a future here and give Ole a selection headache. Think Ronaldo and Mason have the ST and right side locked down but the left wing is wide open for someone to claim it, if he wants it he's shown he has the ability before so why not Martial?

UnitedRepublic

Is he guaranteed more playing time at any of them three then he is here? Like it's been pointed out in here before he's just returning from a long lay off, so more than likely the match sharpness isn't quite there yet. We're only 6 games into to a long season he'll hopefully get a start midweek against West Ham in the cup and show that he does have a future here and give Ole a selection headache. Think Ronaldo and Mason have the ST and right side locked down but the left wing is wide open for someone to claim it, if he wants it he's shown he has the ability before so why not Martial?
He started 2 games for France recently I think he’s match fit enough right now.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I am out of the loop, but I just realized that Martial just seems to have vanished over the last half year, it's like he fell off the edge of the world. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.