4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitzMagic

His sperm is what's scoring all the goals. 1 in 24 is a serious drought. Blue balls in football terms, that's a first.

E-mal

We didnt create much but I feel the Martial experiment should be terminated in January.
Guy needs to move on, not good enough for us at all.

crossy1686

career ending
It's such a shame how it's turned out for him. Maybe he needs a loan like Lingard got, realistically though it's probably time to move the poor lad on.
He needs the kind of loan where another team give us a bunch of money and then we forget to call him back at the end of the season.

Jaxa

I can even see why Ole started him. League Cup, a cup he won't be judged on by the board, and he looked sharp in his sub appearances in the league. He should have been hauled off in the second half though.
Yep for sure, Greenwood should have been on 2nd half in his place, I mean the difference in attitude alone never mind talent from Greenwood compared to Tony was night and day !

Hoof the ball

The thing with Martial is that he likes to carry the ball, and when I say carry it I mean for a second longer than he should every time. He's obsessed with coming short with his back to pressure and holding it long enough to feel the contact, by which point any other passing options have exhausted. He just doesn't have the football brain to match his technical ability. He doesn't get it.

It wouldn't be so bad but he also doesn't run any channels at all. If he's not willing to do that then he's not playing his preferred no.9, period. He has to know that surely. Tuchel, Pep or Klopp wouldn't let him piss about with zero work ethic off the ball, so why should Ole? Nah. Martial is only shooting his own career in the foot by being lazy.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He needs the kind of loan where another team give us a bunch of money and then we forget to call him back at the end of the season.
Sadly I don't think we'll get the bunch of money, too late for that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He needs more games. The guy lacks confidence and he’s not a ST.
I’m genuinely trying to remember a performance from a centre forward at Old Trafford that offered less than Martial did tonight. I cannot believe he got the whole match.

You don’t play unless you give it everything. Martial didn’t do that first essential step tonight.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yep for sure, Greenwood should have been on 2nd half in his place, I mean the difference in attitude alone never mind talent from Greenwood compared to Tony was night and day !
Even Lingard, who most of the Caf hates, did miles better.

lilcurt

He needs to move on.

We saw both sides of Martial today, on the ball you can see his talent, off the ball he is shockingly bad.

The old add of "Hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard" comes to mind everytime I see him play.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Remember all those people who slated anyone who was critical of Martial?

Pretty quiet now because even the most staunch Martial FC supporter cannot defend that utter dross.

Seen and been obvious for three years now but due the investment people have in him due to his spectacular debut against Liverpool, they want him to come good. I get it, but he is a lower leagues level player at best.

Pearl.Jam

Deary me…he’s not very good is he? lazy lazy waste of space and the Martial apologists and sycophants can spout their defensive shit all they want..the truth will out

Flying_Heckfish

Dreadful again today, spent half the match sitting in that left WF pocket, strolling about. He's acting way too comfortable given the level of his performances.

Greenwood instantly showed the difference between them even if he couldn't find a finish.

Wayne's World

He didn't even try tonight...:lol::lol:

Giving him 250k a week is going to feck us up like proper, there's no chance of any club in world football giving him that

RedStarUnited

The thing with Martial is that he likes to carry the ball, and when I say carry it I mean for a second longer than he should every time. He's obsessed with coming short with his back to pressure and holding it long enough to feel the contact, by which point any other passing options have exhausted. He just doesn't have the football brain to match his technical ability. He doesn't get it.

It wouldn't be so bad but he also doesn't run any channels at all. If he's not willing to do that then he's not playing his preferred no.9, period. He has to know that surely. Tuchel, Pep or Klopp wouldn't let him piss about with zero work ethic off the ball, so why should Ole? Nah. Martial is only shooting his own career in the foot by being lazy.
He will retire and look back in his career and regret not learning. This is a guy who has so far played with;

Ibrahimovic
Wayne Rooney
Ronaldo
Cavani

He hasnt learned anything from any of them. Its sad.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He was an utter black hole. Everything broke down when it went to him and completely emptied the space high up the pitch. He's not a CF.

Djemba-Djemba

So so poor again.

His lack of movement is embarrassing, and he's no threat whatsoever. His finishing is atrocious.

Has to be his last season here, we need to ship him out.

Hoof the ball

He will retire and look back in his career and regret not learning. This is a guy who has so far played with;

Ibrahimovic
Wayne Rooney
Ronaldo
Cavani

It's effort. I'm sure he knows what he has to do, but man, you can't make the horse drink the water. So frustrating. If only he had anything resembling Gabriel Jesus' work ethic he'd be a nightmare to play against.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is keeping talented ambitious youth out of the team. His body language is lazy, looks like he doesn't care. When I think he will get to the ball first he pulls out at the last moment.

Last edited:

ti vu

Ibrahimovic
Wayne Rooney
Ronaldo
Cavani

He seemed to learn too much from Berbatov at Monaco.

Joking aside, why Ole kept him for the whole game? Greenwood is in explosive form. Could be used centrally while keeping Lingard on. Lingard is wasteful, but at least he tried which at that stage of the game is better than Martial completely ghosted out of the game. Or bring on and play McTominay up front for his presence. McTominay can score. In this form, I think McTominay is better scorer than Martial.

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't like overreacting, but Martial has completely lost the plot.

Side chasing a goal, and I doubt he made himself available for a pass or showed some movement to affect the game. I genuinely think he's a goner in Jan as I don't think he's going to get a lot more chances here on

Classical Mechanic

He’s overweight or has Rooney’d even sooner than Wayne. Makes you wonder about Rom being fat here and some of those leaked food orders that have been going round. Is the nutrition right at the club?

Wheato

Literally standing still in the box waiting for the ball to hit him. No tracking back, no awareness of what is around him (i.e. just running into cul de sacs)
Can't hold the ball up. Cannot take defenders on without losing the ball every single time. Cannot head, cannot find space, cannot anticipate where the ball is going. He ruined it for us tonight. We should have had Mason up front Elanga on the left and Sancho on the right.

Come in number 9, your time is up.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a disgrace.

He should be ashamed of himself.

We're paying him 250k a week. Disgusting.

crossy1686

career ending
Literally standing still in the box waiting for the ball to hit him. No tracking back, no awareness of what is around him (i.e. just running into cul de sacs)
Can't hold the ball up. Cannot take defenders on without losing the ball every single time. Cannot head, cannot find space, cannot anticipate where the ball is going. He ruined it for us tonight. We should have had Mason up front Elanga on the left and Sancho on the right.

Come in number 9, your time is up.
He's done this since the Mourinho days which is why he got shunted out on the left and Zlatan came in. Every manager he's played under has told him he's not a forward but he's insisted he is, it's fecking wild when you think about it.

Solskjaer even said he doesn't have a strikers instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.