4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Surely we can rinse Newcastle for £30-40 million.
That has to be the plan now, someone is going to make some decent money selling their cast offs to Newcastle. Going to be very tough to get rid of otherwise given his wages.

Seems to have lost pace and just doesn’t try hard enough, with the increased competition there’s no future for
him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Strange isn't it. He was such an exciting, dangerous player. Nowadays so pedestrian.
I struggle to remember a single decline so fast without any injuries. Torres was 27 when he joined Chelsea but he had injury troubles beforehand. Sanchez was 29 before us and he too had injuries.

Martial is 25 and has been like this well over a year now. You can't even point the decline to overall accumulation of matches, as he hardly played for 3 seasons under Mourinho.

It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Frank White

He held up the ball well and was dropping deep basically doing the job of our supposed midfield. He also shouldn't have been moved to the left after the first 15 minutes which is the same mistake they did against Watford.
Oh we clearly watched a different game then.

Jaykespeare88

Has lost his play so many times over the years, I thinks he's demoralised, add to lack of match sharpness it's not surprising he doesn't seem bothered

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He held up the ball well and was dropping deep basically doing the job of our supposed midfield. He also shouldn't have been moved to the left after the first 15 minutes which is the same mistake they did against Watford.
That is a very very kind analysis of his performance.

Ixion

I thought he was alright. He's barely played, lacking match fitness/sharpness, and the forwards mostly had to feed on scraps.

TrickyLeftWinger

Exactly.

Have been a big Martial fan first few years he was here but the time has come to get rid.

Made me cringe - watching him jog around being brought on at HT. The difference between the urgency levels that VDB brought (who has been shunned by Ole for so along) and him were so tangible.

Talent isn’t everything. He does not have the drive / work ethic to be part of a Man United squad.
At this point does he even enjoy football anymore?

lex talionis

At this point does he even enjoy football anymore?
I seriously doubt it. He looks like a guy who’s going through the motions to pick up the easy 250k per week. After all, if you’re going to paid for just showing up to training and doing nothing during matches then why bother putting in effort for these fools who are willing to shovel 250/week into the furnace?

Man Utd 3:2 Arsenal

Ashish Negi

Ralf Rangnick on Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood . “Anthony Martial only played five minutes yesterday. Mason Greenwood didn’t play and these are top footballers.”

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm quite happy RR mentioned Martial today.

It just made me contemplate that maybe the reason these players don't press is because they haven't really been coached to do so.

It would be great to see the whole team press as a unit - if Martial then decides not to do so, he will look out of place more so than ever.

KennyBurner

Can’t wait for Martial to find his way back into the lineup. Now that we like to win the ball back in the opposition final third we should see our most flexible attacker thrive. He just needs to stay fit and wait for his inevitable chance.

I can just imagine Rangnick getting a hard on watching him glide through everyone in training.

darko

It's so depressing that we're stuck with him due to his wages. We've going to have to loan him out at our cost to some shit Italian team aren't we? Absolute waste of talent
There may be an opportunity to sell some of the excess players to Newcastle in January who will be desperate to stay up and they have plenty of money. I'm thinking of Martial and Lingard.

poleglass red

I'm quite happy RR mentioned Martial today.

It just made me contemplate that maybe the reason these players don't press is because they haven't really been coached to do so.

It would be great to see the whole team press as a unit - if Martial then decides not to do so, he will look out of place more so than ever.
good point in fairness, none of Rashford, Greenwood or Martial have ever been noted for pressing, we simply didnt play that way. It was really emphasised though when Cavani came and you seen the work rate he put in, in comparison with the others. Ragnick has his hands full upping their work rate up, as you say they adapt or they simply won't play.

Marwood

First game under a new manager. Unless it's serious you put yourself in contention. A bit of pain shouldn't keep you out if your determination is right. Can only assume he's off.

KennyBurner

First game under a new manager. Unless it's serious you put yourself in contention. A bit of pain shouldn't keep you out if your determination is right. Can only assume he's off.
You have any fitness experience? It seems you know a lot about what players should do with limited information regarding their health and career.

Marwood

You have any fitness experience? It seems you know a lot about what players should do with limited information regarding their health and career.
Fitness experience? Not sure what that means but true to say I'm guessing a bit. Two plus two sort of thing. But that's my gut feeling. They barely trained according to Rangnick. We'll see if he's fit I suppose for the next squad.

Maybe its harsh of me but when you see consistent injuries, a year of poor performances, a lack of effort on the pitch, an unexplained loss of physical ability , he's probably asking for assumptions to be made.

lex talionis

I hope the rumors of a move to Barcelona come true. Anthony has gobs of talent but his application of that talent is mind-bogglingly poor. May he play long and prosper, but somewhere else.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Can’t wait for Martial to find his way back into the lineup. Now that we like to win the ball back in the opposition final third we should see our most flexible attacker thrive. He just needs to stay fit and wait for his inevitable chance.

I can just imagine Rangnick getting a hard on watching him glide through everyone in training.
I cant wait for him to find his way to the A1 and head up to newcastle.

Trequarista10

I'd recommend watching the podcast that Ben Foster has with Matt Ogunsanya, who is a Doctor for England and Watford, who explains how these kind of decisions are made in a bit more detail. It's really interesting.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
good point in fairness, none of Rashford, Greenwood or Martial have ever been noted for pressing, we simply didnt play that way. It was really emphasised though when Cavani came and you seen the work rate he put in, in comparison with the others. Ragnick has his hands full upping their work rate up, as you say they adapt or they simply won't play.
Rashford used to put in quite a lot of effort with his pressing and defensive game in his first few years. It just slowly declined and then in 19/20 it fell off a cliff as he started strolling around as if he were Ronaldo.

marktan

He's a talented player, I think he has a future for us with the right coaching. He's shown over periods for us that is a he a good player and he regularly gets into the France squad and they have about 50 million attackers.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You will be extremely lucky if anyone takes him for free with the money he is making right now.
The same issue you lot will have with Aubameyang I’d imagine. Both on ridiculous wages not worth their talent (for different reasons)

r1z3mu

He is great talent but I think the only option for him is Ligue 1. PL is too demanding for lazy players. He should follow Depay and just enjoy strolling around and scoring goals against weak teams.

YouknowNani

I'd much prefer him/Greenwood next to Ronaldo in the 4-2-2 system over Rashford who's been really poor of late. That left striker spot is made for Martial. If he could just increase his work rate a little he could be a great player for us in this system.

DanClancy

Who'd seriously want him and can afford him? Not many clubs can afford those wages.

SAF is the GOAT

Sell him, it will be great to all sides.

We can bring in someone else instead of him or in a much urgent position

Status
Not open for further replies.