4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew84!

He looks extremely unfit, I think he'll be on the bench all season going by that performance.
If Cavani and Rashford was available he wouldn't get near the team.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was shit but the manager is to blame. Martial isn't ready to play football on serious level. It's like playing with 10 men.

lsd

The Oracle
Seriously cannot stand watching him any more. It is absolutely pathetic how lazy he is and he needs to be thrown out of this squad as soon as possible.

I don't care where he goes or for how much but please get him out of this club. I am sick watching him stink the place up every single time Ole is stupid enough to play him.

AshRK

Looks like a shit version of Lukaku. Even Ighalo showed more passion than this guy.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t get what’s happened to the Martial that scored a good amount of goals for Ole only a season ago. He looks like a different player now, it’s a shame. Hopefully he can get better as the season goes on but sadly he’s just not kicked on.

Martial was dreadful, but starting him when he’s clearly nowhere near fit yet was a poor decision.

Sancho should be ahead of him fitness wise yet didn’t get the nod, but even with his superior fitness he’s looked well off the pace too.

I get the point that Martial’s off the ball movement often looks like this even when fit, but he’s never looked this heavy legged on the ball. No surprises that he looked reasonably sharp in his 15 min cameo against Everton and the first 10-15 mins today; he shouldn’t be playing anywhere near 90 mins at this time.

Ease him in with a couple more sub appearances when games call for it, then give him one final season to prove that he can at least be a valuable squad option.

UnitedFan93

He wasn't lazy today, he was making plenty of runs and pressing as much as any of his team mates.
I thought today was standard Martial. A fair weather player whose not bothered whether he scores or not. Its been like this for years. It's not to do with a lack of fitness. It's a lack of desire to win, there's no fire burning inside him.

Raven

I thought today was standard Martial. A fair weather player whose not bothered whether he scores or not. Its been like this for years. It's not to do with a lack of fitness. It's a lack of desire to win, there's no fire burning inside him.
Christ. :boring:

Sylar

Shouldnt have started. Should have been on the bench and brought on late if needed.

ShinjiNinja26

Stank the place out today. You’d think he’d be working his arse off trying to get himself back into this side and show some fight but instead he done absolutely nothing. This was his opportunity as well with Cavani unable to play at the moment but clearly doesn’t give a shit.

Paul778

This 100%

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
By United standards he became quite shit and SAF would already hairdry his procrastination on the pitch.

He doesn't even look like when LvG signed him.

kundalini

Header cleared off the line, struggling to think of anything else he contributed. Didn't appear able to beat his opponent with skill and looked a long way off being fully fit, which is to be expected after being out for so long.

Classical Mechanic

I don’t get what’s happened to the Martial that scored a good amount of goals for Ole only a season ago. He looks like a different player now, it’s a shame. Hopefully he can get better as the season goes on but sadly he’s just not kicked on.
I've posted this a few times before but Martial tends to score a lot of lower probability goals when he's on form that are more on the spectacular side. As such it's very unlikely that he can sustain that kind of form over a longer period of time. This is why he's so streaky. The problem is that he's never learnt the art of poaching or the other aspects of centre forward play.

Thiagoal

We desperately need a focal point for this team so I kind of understand why Ole thought it might be a good idea to start Martial. Problem is he looks a couple of stone over weight and put in very little effort. I think we are really relying on Cavani having a great season or we’ll be in the position we were today many times!

TheMitz

He wasn't lazy today, he was making plenty of runs and pressing as much as any of his team mates.
Did very little tracking back or pressing. Look at the effort and work rate that Cavani out in last season then look at the lethargy of Martial.

Shouldn't have started today.

Raven

Did very little tracking back or pressing. Look at the effort and work rate that Cavani out in last season then look at the lethargy of Martial.

Shouldn't have started today.
Tracking back? That's what the midfield is meant to be there for. His pressing was no less intense than his team mates.

Edit: He was less bad than Greenwood up top.

SAFMUTD

It may not be related but I think Martial really cracks under pressure, he was great on his first season and then poor as soon as Zlatan arrived, then he was good again when Lukaku left and he had the confidence as the main 9 but as soon as Cavani started delivering he cracked again.

He seems like a player that can't cope with competition preassure, also he's disturbingly lazy so whenever the game is not going on for him he can't even work his ass to try to revert it.

I've been feed of him since last season, unfortunately he's overpaid so we won't be able to move him on easily but we should definitely try.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He is a far worse player than when he first arrived, young players really don't develop as FIFA predict them too.

dirkey

My god. Still defending the indefensible.

Like ole, new year, nothing has changed.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Tracking back? That's what the midfield is meant to be there for. His pressing was no less intense than his team mates.

I like you, but you are delusional when it comes to Martial. You're comparing him to a player who scored a goal this week and last week.

Dec9003

Better than Greenwood up top today, I’ve heard it all now. :lol:
I really want Martial to come good again, but let’s face it he was very poor today.

Frank White

He pressed as much as Bruno? Will give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't look fit at all but if that's the case he needs dropping because it truly is like playing with 10 men when he's like this.

Raven

My god. Still defending the indefensible.

Like ole, new year, nothing has changed.
So you're saying he was lazy today?
I like you, but you are delusional when it comes to Martial. You're comparing him to a player who scored a goal this week and last week.
I was pretty clear in saying Greenwood up top, who vanished when he was moved to striker. Had maybe 1 touch after that point?
Better than Greenwood up top today, I’ve heard it all now. :lol:
I really want Martial to come good again, but let’s face it he was very poor today.
So Mason was class when he was moved up top then? Or was he invisible, even more so than Martial? I was also careful to say "less bad" rather than better because they were both garbage up top.

flappyjay

Greenwood was getting his touches from outwide when he was moved into the middle. Why is that being disputed, or are we saying Greenwood got any service when he played through the middle today ?

Raven

He pressed as much as Bruno? Will give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't look fit at all but if that's the case he needs dropping because it truly is like playing with 10 men when he's like this.
Fair, he wasn't pressing as hard as Bruno.

Dec9003

So Mason was class when he was moved up top then? Or was he invisible, even more so than Martial? I was also careful to say "less bad" rather than better because they were both garbage up top.
Okay, for a start less bad and better mean the same thing. Secondly, yes Greenwood was better than Martial when he was up top, he scored and got into a good position again when he missed the header. I remember you from last season, making up nonsense to defend Martial when he’s poor, have a day off.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Greenwood was getting his touches from outwide when he was moved into the middle. Why is that being disputed, or are we saying Greenwood got any service when he played through the middle today ?
Quoted the wrong person?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll have his good moments this season I think but that was really bad. He seems a lot slower too.

Coops73

Sorry but he was pretty poor today, I know there maybe fitness issues but once again there seemed to be little effort.

dirkey

So you're saying he was lazy today?

I was pretty clear in saying Greenwood up top, who vanished when he was moved to striker. Had maybe 1 touch after that point?

Sigh. Why do I bother? You see what you want to see with martial. You must be related to him, or you've a tattoo or something.

The rest of us see a player who decides to try the odd time, has shit movement and inconsistent pressing. More often than not, a liability to the team.

On his day, World beater. Sadly, he only wants to play any 1 in 5 times.

Worth about 20 Mill in the market. Getting him away from the first team with substantially more.

Status
Not open for further replies.